Huge bug in FIFA 12 demo

Re: Re: Huge bug in FIFA 12 demo

Postby Leody » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:09 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Forest wrote:Right just played the first half on max difficulty, i can tell you they didnt stand off me unless im at my goal and in fact im 2-0 down.

:lol: how the hell did you conceide two goals in a half? The most i've concieded in a game is one. every match i've played on the demo has been 0-0, 1-0 and 1-1.

it's very easy to defend, just mark the striker and not press any buttons and your team will eventually win the ball, then just keep the ball using L1 and L2 with close control and you can score like i did with Wiedenfeller like Messi.

ChVint22 wrote:
Forest wrote:Right just played the first half on max difficulty, i can tell you they didnt stand off me unless im at my goal and in fact im 2-0 down.

Do that dribbling thing in their peno box and show me a video of them standing off because im failing to see your point im afraid.

Anyone else understand his point?

Yes, his point is to ridicule EA/FIFA every chance he gets cause he's a PES fan. ;)

EA ridicule themselevs :sneaky2:

Much like Konami did with PES 2008, 2009, etc.. anyway this is about improving fifa, there's another thread for PES related issues. I mentied PES eariler because getting game balance right isn't impossible whic EA seem incaperble of doing for some reason.

EA Sports really is a poorly run tech company living of their exclusive rights deals with all of the major sports leagues. All their games are riddled with little quirks and bugs, and I'm not talking gameplay. Tables out of order in career mode, players not growing in career mode, convoluted menus, web sites out the wazoo that require you to log in going from one to the other. Just generally poorly organized.

Sadly though, it's still the best thing out there. Just disappointing when you see the squandered potential.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Huge bug in FIFA 12 demo

Postby elkanofan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:24 pm

I know, they have always been like that. There's no love for their games, it's about profit and proft only, their developers and code people don't get paid too much and don't really try to make sure the game is bug proof which is why their games last about 2-3 weeks then get repetertive, what FIFA has done so well is online gameplay which is very addictive.

Theres an amazing game waiting to come out of FIFA but there are too many flaws was there which hold it back.

We need to get rutter sacked and get another man in witht he balls to implement inertia and proper realsitc player movement (this was in FIF 08 which is what frustrates so many) along with proper stats individually.

Every single player is the same in this game. It's so bad it's funny!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 pm

Now I know you're mad, fifa 08 was dreadful
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunner Down Under » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:58 am

Thing is...

This won't kill single players as I can't think of myself as a noob that does that, nor will 99.9% of the FIFA playing population.

It might kill Ultimate Team as people who want to win desperately will do that.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Re: Re: Huge bug in FIFA 12 demo

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Leody wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

:lol: how the hell did you conceide two goals in a half? The most i've concieded in a game is one. every match i've played on the demo has been 0-0, 1-0 and 1-1.

it's very easy to defend, just mark the striker and not press any buttons and your team will eventually win the ball, then just keep the ball using L1 and L2 with close control and you can score like i did with Wiedenfeller like Messi.

ChVint22 wrote:

Do that dribbling thing in their peno box and show me a video of them standing off because im failing to see your point im afraid.

Anyone else understand his point?

Yes, his point is to ridicule EA/FIFA every chance he gets cause he's a PES fan. ;)

EA ridicule themselevs :sneaky2:

Much like Konami did with PES 2008, 2009, etc.. anyway this is about improving fifa, there's another thread for PES related issues. I mentied PES eariler because getting game balance right isn't impossible whic EA seem incaperble of doing for some reason.

EA Sports really is a poorly run tech company living of their exclusive rights deals with all of the major sports leagues. All their games are riddled with little quirks and bugs, and I'm not talking gameplay. Tables out of order in career mode, players not growing in career mode, convoluted menus, web sites out the wazoo that require you to log in going from one to the other. Just generally poorly organized.

Sadly though, it's still the best thing out there. Just disappointing when you see the squandered potential.

Every game I've ever bought on any platform, whether EA or not has quirks and bugs, its part of gaming life. Thats why I don't let the little things bother me cause its a flawed industry. I'm just happy to be living in the times of this wonderful technology.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Forest » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Theres a huge bug in COD, i shoot the guy once and he doesnt die, act wounded or fall to the floor in agony, disgraceful.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby elkanofan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:46 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Now I know you're mad, fifa 08 was dreadful

What, how dare you! That was the last good FIFA game.

Well the world cup game was very good but the last FIFA game that didn't have huge exploits an the game balance was so arcade lke it beggard beleif.

Yes it's was terribly unresponsive, and had many flaws but that helped, since you actually had to play good football. I loved that game all year round. That FIFA has realsitc turning circles which is what i loved, you had to think about how good yur players dribbling stats and agillity was (unless you where barca or Man united and you just sprinted like mad)

Since FIFA 08 every player could just glide around like aliens on steriods like we see in FIFA 10, 11 and 12! You could score goals and play like Messi with the Barnet goalkeeper. FIFA's flaws can be so very easily fixed by just adding peroper momentum and inertia Plus individuallity and a proepr stamina system.

All stuff which EA can do, nothing too much to ask at all.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trequartista » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:05 pm

I agree FIFA 08 was a good game, still play it some times in fact.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:35 am

Gs1981 wrote:I think you are all fussing to much lol

Yes, it's true. this is how it is.

If you treat FIFA as an arcade fun game which you play vs your mates or just play for a laugh and play it in a crazy over he top fashion. it's a great game! It could be better but it's a really fun pick up and play game.

It's when people take FIFA seriously as a simulation, that's when the arguments start because FIFA has been taking the piss in this regard ;)
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:14 am

that player is going to be knackered
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Gaming