battlefield 3

Re: battlefield 3

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:20 pm

I have read loads of opinions of players and what I can gather so far is that the single player campaign is the biggest let down in FPS history but the multiplayer is absolutely amazing.

As I am mostly a single player man I will wait until a big price drop and the mood for multiplayer before I get it.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:42 pm

I've been debating on getting this, but I keep hearing equally good and bad things about it, so I'm leaning toward to just sticking with what I know, and that is COD.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:45 pm

You will be disappointed! Cod basically looks like an expansion pack for mw2. Even though im not going to buy it, i may just rent it out for a few nights to see what they've done with mw3, but I get the feelin it's going the same way as pro evo.

Either way bf is a must for me, mp all the way!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Can't wait to go all top gun, it's been too long. Fat cubans at the ready flyboys

ChVint22 wrote:I've been debating on getting this, but I keep hearing equally good and bad things about it, so I'm leaning toward to just sticking with what I know, and that is COD.

Don't you just play multiplayer anyway?

Also the MW2 campaign was shocking as well. Admittedly not as bad as Bad Company 2's but that was just about the worst AAA game single player ever, BF3 can't be as bad as that
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:53 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Can't wait to go all top gun, it's been too long. Fat cubans at the ready flyboys

ChVint22 wrote:I've been debating on getting this, but I keep hearing equally good and bad things about it, so I'm leaning toward to just sticking with what I know, and that is COD.

Also the MW2 campaign was shocking as well. Admittedly not as bad as Bad Company 2's but that was just about the worst AAA game single player ever, BF3 can't be as bad as that

Might have to dig out my aviator shades and go and buy an 80s compilation from hmv for this one.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:14 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Can't wait to go all top gun, it's been too long. Fat cubans at the ready flyboys

I mostly play multiplayer, but I do play the campaign mode as well, I just usually never finish it. My brother keeps telling me bad things about the multiplayer on this though, he says that the maps are too big, and there are just too many snipers and not enough action. I really should just stick to my beliefs and form my own opinion by trying it myself, but I don't have the money to buy both games, nor the time to play both, so I want to make sure I get one that I enjoy and I already know I enjoy COD.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Hmm when I looked at the map previews it said over half were smaller, urban, infantry based maps which I like the sound of because it's nice to have a mix of styles and the shooting itself is so much better than previous BF games so you may as well flaunt it. And it has TDM

I can't take COD seriously because even though it is now effectively a billion dollar franchise they are still incompetent cheapskates with the servers.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:45 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Hmm when I looked at the map previews it said over half were smaller, urban, infantry based maps which I like the sound of because it's nice to have a mix of styles and the shooting itself is so much better than previous BF games so you may as well flaunt it. And it has TDM

I can't take COD seriously because even though it is now effectively a billion dollar franchise they are still incompetent cheapskates with the servers.

My brother was talking about the last Battlefield, not this one. But like I said, everyone has a different opinion of it, my safe stance is just to go with what I already know gives me joy.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mg86 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 am

Arkham City is getting insane reviews and I would rather get that then this to be honest. On metacritic its in the top five xbox 360 games ever released on the console.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Hmm when I looked at the map previews it said over half were smaller, urban, infantry based maps which I like the sound of because it's nice to have a mix of styles and the shooting itself is so much better than previous BF games so you may as well flaunt it. And it has TDM

My brother was talking about the last Battlefield, not this one. But like I said, everyone has a different opinion of it, my safe stance is just to go with what I already know gives me joy.

Maybe he was just poop at it but didn't want to admit it?! Lol

The maps are far bigger than mw2 but I think that defo worked in it's favour. I got sooooo bored of running around tiny maps like nuketown, getting caught in a frag orgy.

So pissed, moving house tomorrow, so am furiously packing the last bits before tomorrow. The game came this morning but I haven't had time for one quick blast. Sat down just now to check my emails and sky have frikkin cut of my Internet a day early! What dicks. To make matters worse, they said Internet could take up to two weeks so it's gonna be like when psn network crashed for me. I feel like I'm in the stone age with no broadband atm.

Pissed.

Anyone care to give their first impressions?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby The Goats Horn » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:21 pm

mg86 wrote:Arkham City is getting insane reviews and I would rather get that then this to be honest. On metacritic its in the top five xbox 360 games ever released on the console.

Well you've just made up mind,I'm getting both Tomorrow

Wife won't see me all weekend :P
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gunnerofKSA » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:24 pm

I just got my copy today
Craaaazy game

I am using tapatalk on xperia arc
gunnerofKSA
Liam Brady

Postby ivan itchybum » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:06 pm

f*** me, 164mb uptate to be downloaded when i put it in :( really want to play it now too...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:42 am

I've put in 40 hours into the MP in just over 2 weeks. Usually only RPG's get that kinda game time

Liking it a lot, gameplay is great. Bugs and some balancing issues aside I think the game suffers from poor quality maps though, there's only 3 decent ones and the rest are pretty shit. Can't wait for the Karkland pack
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:06 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I've put in 40 hours into the MP in just over 2 weeks. Usually only RPG's get that kinda game time

Liking it a lot, gameplay is great. Bugs and some balancing issues aside I think the game suffers from poor quality maps though, there's only 3 decent ones and the rest are pretty shit. Can't wait for the Karkland pack

I got the limited edition one, so I've already got the karkand maps for free, but still waiting for my Internet access to be switched on meaning I've got to start from level 1! Pissed! Am literally dying to play mp after clocking single player.

Ah well, skyrim all the way atm....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming