The Elder Scrolls 5

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:51 pm

They do a big reveal and they decide to show it on the XBOX 360, what the f**k is up with that. It looks great although the AI is a concern, those 2 guys were chatting in the dungeon, he shot one with an arrow and the other one just stood there waiting to be shot too.

It's gonna be massive though, I cannot wait.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm glad they showed it on consoles actually as it shows the baseline is a high standard and it runs well along with looking good. They have mixed history, Oblivion ran quite well on both PC and consoles but Fallout 3 was technically a mess, even on PC mine crashed frequently before & after patches and had very unstable frame rate
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Git » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Sweet.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:35 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I'm glad they showed it on consoles actually as it shows the baseline is a high standard and it runs well along with looking good. They have mixed history, Oblivion ran quite well on both PC and consoles but Fallout 3 was technically a mess, even on PC mine crashed frequently before & after patches and had very unstable frame rate

That is true but I want to see the real candy :sneaky2:

What are your PC specs Cyn?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:They do a big reveal and they decide to show it on the XBOX 360, what the f**k is up with that. It looks great although the AI is a concern, those 2 guys were chatting in the dungeon, he shot one with an arrow and the other one just stood there waiting to be shot too.

If you look closely, the player gets credited with a hidden kill. Theres definatley the word Hidden on screen in any case, so im assuming the second AI character was trying to figure out why an arrow was hanging out of his mates head.

This one looks like a relationship ender, I MUST HAVE THIS GAME.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I'm glad they showed it on consoles actually as it shows the baseline is a high standard and it runs well along with looking good. They have mixed history, Oblivion ran quite well on both PC and consoles but Fallout 3 was technically a mess, even on PC mine crashed frequently before & after patches and had very unstable frame rate

That is true but I want to see the real candy :sneaky2:

What are your PC specs Cyn?

Before it was killed in action I had

Intel quad @ 3ghz
2 Nvidia 9800GTX cards in SLI
4 gb RAM
120 & 500gb HDD's

but 6 months ago the g cards died, were still under warranty so was owed replacements. They don't make those cards anymore so the supplier kicked up a stink as they had to send me better ones now. They agreed to recently after going through loadsa crap with PNR/nvidia but still waiting.... they've said they send a free 1TB hard drive as compensation, woopty doo lol
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Zedie wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:They do a big reveal and they decide to show it on the XBOX 360, what the f**k is up with that. It looks great although the AI is a concern, those 2 guys were chatting in the dungeon, he shot one with an arrow and the other one just stood there waiting to be shot too.

If you look closely, the player gets credited with a hidden kill. Theres definatley the word Hidden on screen in any case, so im assuming the second AI character was trying to figure out why an arrow was hanging out of his mates head.

This one looks like a relationship ender, I MUST HAVE THIS GAME.

It is a sneak attack same as the hand to hand ones, my Dwemer character will do lots of those :sneaky: but the reaction time was still a bit slow, hopefully that is just the reaction time of low level enemies.

cynicalgooner wrote:Intel quad @ 3ghz
2 Nvidia 9800GTX cards in SLI
4 gb RAM
120 & 500gb HDD's

Your PC is very close to mine, is your CPU a Q6600? I have a GTX260 which will be about the same performance as your twin cards although I don't think either will be good enough for Skyrim on max.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm always a Redguard :)

Reverend Gooner wrote:Your PC is very close to mine, is your CPU a Q6600? I have a GTX260 which will be about the same performance as your twin cards although I don't think either will be good enough for Skyrim on max.

Yeah its a Q6600. Doing SLI was at the time my best option financially but I won't be doing it again as its such a hassle, one of them will regularly turn itself off so you have to check and turn it back on all the time before you play. How well the game runs will depends entirely on how well it is optimised really. Technically our systems would have no problems if Bethesda optimise well, but they haven't in the past (nor do any devs nowadays) so you're probably right
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Redguard, so you are an all warrior type?

My CPU is a Q6600 although it will not overclock, even a small increase to the FSB (1080 for example) is enough to make it fail to post. Plus my CPU temperature at stock settings is 70 degrees celsius due to crappy intel stock cooler so it probably isn't worth it.

I am waiting to see how much Bulldozers impress and then either get one of them or an i5 2500k and a GTX 560i. I have a whole box of things ready to be ebayed to get the money for it including my current setup.

You are so right about poor optimisation and you may laugh to hear that I am looking to upgrade my system not only for newer games like Skyrim but also for Morrowind :lol: In my current game with the MSGO and about 50 gameplay mods I am getting about 10 - 15 fps in and around Seyda Neen, it is unplayable despite being from 2002 :lol:
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:08 am

lol wow maybe drop a few mods, or a few dozen?!

I'm not all warrior type but I do mainly focus on hand to hand particularly swords. I especially like the Redguard's set of race traits though, very useful throughout the game
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ivan itchybum » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:08 am

HOLY SHIT
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Git » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

I should probably apologise to my girlfriend in advance for a sudden decrease in social activity from November for the next year or so...
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:23 am

Started playing at 10am, going sleep now. This game is the one! I could literally play this game forever.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:25 am

It looks amazing but PC gamers are angry about the consolized interface which which wasn't designed for using a mouse and keyboard. Apparently it is a nightmare and that is why I am not getting the game right away but will get it in Q1 2012 when some good mods come out and I am sure there will be a UI mod just like the one in oblivion.

There have been some amazing screenies coming out of the game. Is there still racism in the game? My nord character is treated like shit by everyone but Orcs in oblivion just because she is a Nord :lol: I hope so as it is great for role playing.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ivan itchybum » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:33 am

got this yesterday, not as good as I thought it would be but that is because i was expecting it to be very very good. Must say though the graphics are very good for a rpg game and you could play it for hours without even realising how long you've been on it. lol the nord accents in it are kinda funny to listen to. overall its a very good game :)
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming