Re: Football Manager 2011

Postby gzagee » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:18 pm

I refuse to chase the dragon... again! :snooty:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Tried to get the game today but everywhere was sold out :(.... but then I rememberd that I could buy it off Steam!
So its currently downloading as I type :D
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby whee » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:23 am

Mine has been despatched from the UK.... it'll either get to me tomorrow, or next Monday.... :(

I don't think it'll be tomorrow unfortunately.

Can't wait to play it, but kinda sad i'll need to end my current career on FM 10 - won the Champs Legaue last year and have just secured the Club World Cup after beating New York?!?!?!?!? in the final (albeit on penalties), to cement my place in the Hall of World-Class-Legendary-Dudes.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Started a game with Arsenal and so far so good... I signed Deigo Lugano for 3 million for a bit of steele at the back as Johan and Koshcellni are shit and bought Gervinho for 15 million for an extra option out wide.

I started my first 3 games of the season un-beaten, destroying them all and I just got barse raped 3-1 off Bolton with :(
Still second in the leauge and only a point between me and Chelsea!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gould » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:37 pm

ive noticed squishy is shit.. also kos is decent. but for me vermy is playing average. nothing special playing shizzle and hes looking decent, played flappy once and he was dire but still won 5-4:P vela has been really decent for me so far and i played denilson twice and he has been good.. putting theo as poacher makes him unstoppable 6 in 4 so far
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gould » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:24 pm

with a champions league group consisting of arsenal ajax roma and rubin i was thinking oh sheet but feel better after my 1st match stekelenburg not looking good on the ratings system
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DJ14 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:24 am

wow.. dont think i've ever seen a rating under 4 before.. poor kid must've just been picking the ball from his net and nothing else all night
Favorite Players: ROBIN VAN PERSIE & NASRI

Ideally you would prefer that everybody in the world always loves everybody, but it doesn’t always happen.(Arsene Wenger)
DJ14
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Massa » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Vermaelen scored, very accurate game this :D
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:11 pm

Alumina has been solid for me so far... whereas Sqacuialli has been average,so has Kosh! Johans ahead of them two but my middle pair are Vermealen and Lugano.

Midfield wise I brought in Gervinho who has been on fire recently! Walcott and Arshavin are also tearing it up on the wings. Middle of the park has been a tough one to nail down... Cesc and Song are my two starteds always and Ive been rotating Nasri(who has been unimpressive) and Rosicky.
Denilson,Diaby and Wilhsire have all been shite so far.

Vela has been good for me as a supersub.
Upfront Chamaaaaaakk has been the main man banging them in, RVP has been ok but a bit too inconsistent(still dont know how to play him!!) and Bendy is making his way back from injury!

Sitting 2nd in the leauge, 2 points behind liverpool and 2nd in my champions leauge group, so things are looking gooood :D

How do you guys playing RVP in the game? Becuase no matter what type of striker I play him as, I can never get him to score the goals!!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DJ14 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:46 pm

He takes a bit to get settled but he plays best for me as the complete forward

Ideally you would prefer that everybody in the world always loves everybody, but it doesn’t always happen.(Arsene Wenger)
DJ14
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Aye... think thats the only one Ive not played him as becuase he's not really got the Aerial Ability. I'll give it a try though!

Chamak has made an awesome target man, just wins everything in the air. He shite as shooting but still gets his fair sgare of goals!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DJ14 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:09 pm

So what's some of your fav formations?

I just started my season, am bidding for Fellani to add some aerial dominance to my mid
Am searching for a pacey CD too.. be be able to get back quickly in the matches i have a high line.
Figure i'll give the keepers till Jan to prove themselves.

DJ14
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 am

I usually play a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-1-2-2-1... Trying to get rid of Diaby and Denilson though becuase both are utter shite in the game. Ramsey is coming back and I already has Rosicky,Nasri,Cesc and Whilsire to play centre-mid.

Im thinking of selling Nasri in Janurary becuase hes not been up to much recently. Anyone had any sucess with him becuase hes struggling to get into the team at the moment!!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SuperDumbassman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:03 pm

I've just finished my first season, coming 2nd behind a rampant Chelsea side. Played a simple 4-4-2 with Van Persie and Chamakh up top. RVP as a Trequartista worked wonders alongside Chamakh as a Target man. Brought in Dzsudszak on the left and rotated Walcott and Arshavin on the right. Though Walcott was brilliant up front as a poacher when RVP was out injured. Played Song as a ball-winner and Fabregas as an Advanced Playmaker. Also picked up Dejan Stankovic for 11.5 mill which turned out to be a horrible transfer, he only played about 20 games and he was sitting on big money.

Brought in Rodwell and Akinfeev in January, with Akinfeev single-handedly keeping me in both cups. In the summer window I brought in Hamit Altintop, Martin Amedick and Ignacio Camacho for free. Also picked up Wesley Sneijder for 17.5 mill and Pablo Hernandez for 2.1 mill.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming