The Football Manager Thread

Re: Football Manager 2011

Postby DJ14 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Diaby is really frustrating in the game as well huh.. but his pace and power is rare so i have him in reserves to help out in Carling every now and then. Denilson isnt very consistent for me but he has his fair share of goals.

I play a 4- 3- 2 - 1.... flat back line.. flat 3 in the middle.. 2 wide players and the single man up top.
Cesc plays in the central rold in my mid as an Att Playmaker and he's flanked by 2 box to box mids..

I have Nasri and Arsh rotating on the left.. i have both cut inside a lot to have a go..
Right i rotate Theo and Jack with Robin getting the odd game out wide..
Rossa and Cesc Rotate centrally

I got 15mill in my budget and already spent 11 on Fellaini so nothing to play with. Want to bring in a keeper when i get more. How much did you pay for Akinfeev?
Favorite Players: ROBIN VAN PERSIE & NASRI

Ideally you would prefer that everybody in the world always loves everybody, but it doesn’t always happen.(Arsene Wenger)
DJ14
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby SuperDumbassman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm paying 15 mill over 4 years. Well worth it though. He's really proving to be top class.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DJ14 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Hmm... i'll try a magic trick then.. Thanks for the tip :)

Ideally you would prefer that everybody in the world always loves everybody, but it doesn’t always happen.(Arsene Wenger)
DJ14
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Im in the middle of november and current sitting top of the leauge... Fresh off a 2-0 win over man utd :D
Ive shoved Diaby and Denilson in my reserves as they dont have a place in my team, Whilshire is too good to play behind those two.

Theo has been tearing it, upfront for me... hes been sensational! RVP however is still shit, really thinking about seeling him becuase the stats he has,he should be unreal but hes just crap.
Ive drawn MK Dons in the carling cup quarter final and my only competition left in the cup is man city so im looking good to win it!

Rosicky has came on to a great game on the left AM position for me recently!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DJ14 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:08 pm

play robin wide to gain form but come on.. dont sell the lad... it's ROBIN..
I'm late Sept.. Theo is always injured. Verms, Djouro, Squill, Diaby, Denilson, Song, Bendtner, Vela and Nasri are all injured :). Good news though.. JET has crap stats but he has scored 4 in his 3 appearances

DJ14
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby SuperDumbassman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:14 am

Are you guys finding there to be a lot of high quality, unhappy and/or transfer listed players? After my first season there were at least 10 players who were rated at 3 and a half stars or higher transfer listed. They were mostly forwards so it didn't help me much. I wanted Walcott playing up top on his own in my second season.

Into my second season early December, the top transfer listed players are:

-Rene Adler
-Berbatov
-Mandanda
-Maicon (gonna make a bid)
-Douglas Costa
-Arturo Vidal

Plus quite a few more 3 star players, like Luis Fabiano and Tim Cahill.

Edit: And Maicon wants 185,000 a week. f**k. That.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:58 pm

DJ14 wrote:play robin wide to gain form but come on.. dont sell the lad... it's ROBIN..
I'm late Sept.. Theo is always injured. Verms, Djouro, Squill, Diaby, Denilson, Song, Bendtner, Vela and Nasri are all injured :). Good news though.. JET has crap stats but he has scored 4 in his 3 appearances

Haha! Aye I decided to keep him and put him out on the wing... he just scored a hat-trick against Blackpool :)
Theo is an utter BEAST in my game. I play him as a poacher and make him my primary target man and for the balls to be played so he can run onto them. He's scored 25 goals in 24 games so far!

Just sold Nasri to Sunderaldn for 8million as he was shit, Diaby to Lyon for 2millon aswell.
Chamakh and Bendy are both pretty shit aswell so Ive been playing Vela as a Trequestra up front and hes been banging them in!

4th of Jan and Im 4 points clear at the top, into the semis or the carling cup and topped my group in the champions leauge :D
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Massa » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Gettin' this baby today
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Massa » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:47 pm

19 bars installed!
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Massa » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:53 pm

36 bars!
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Massa » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:56 pm

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2011 IS BEING CONFIGURED FOR MY SYSTEM OMFG
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby DJ14 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:06 am

Massa wrote:FOOTBALL MANAGER 2011 IS BEING CONFIGURED FOR MY SYSTEM OMFG

LMAO... well i guess this is the last we'll be hearing of you for the day... congrats..

I've tried the speedy target man approach with Walcott and Vela.. mixed results... my highest scorer right now is Cesc with 3.. and i'm in November.. sigh* I've been trying to get Theo to not 'run down the right'... i think he drifts there to much when he should be heading straight for goal.

I got Akinfeev.. my board handled everything, didnt have any input.. they got him for 13mil :P

I'm having some problems with Cham because i dont think he has enough 'jump' in him to be a target man.. well to head anyways.

Diaby for 2 mil???!!!!! Nasri for 8!!!!!! You sold them for the numbers on their backs.. :naughty: .. hahahaha...

DJ14
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:24 pm

Dont make him a target man, mate... Make him a Poacher, but in your team setting select him to be your primary target man. Its worked wonders for me, although recently he has had a dip in form.
I just got Naldo for 13.5 million :D didnt have enough cash but i spoke to the board and they sorted it all!

Chamakh has been very inconsistent for me, the same with Bendy... I cant pick which one to play as backup!!
Haha aye mate I just needed to get rid of them becuase they werent doing anything for me. Cannot get rid of Denilson though.. I offerd him at 1million and still not clibs wanted him.

Ramsey has been great in the cup games, same as Jack :)
Still top of the leauge although just got beat 2-1 off liverpool meaing now Im only 1 point clear at the top :(... drew Spurs in the carling Cup final though and everything looks good so far!

Rosicky has been great for me, one of my best wingers this season.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Took a dip in form recently and Im suddenly struggling against everyone which is annoying since I was dominating anyone I play for months up until Janurary!
Just got beat off Liverpool and Chelsea, drew with Benfica and then Drew with Wolves(who socred in the last f***ing minute) however Ive been lucky as the teams below me have also been doing shit so Im still 1 point clear at the top.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:01 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:Took a dip in form recently and Im suddenly struggling against everyone which is annoying since I was dominating anyone I play for months up until Janurary!

That bit sounds realistic!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming