Page 2 of 5

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:46 pm
by Zedie
CynicalGooner wrote:Difficult to rate Gervinho. He made a mess of everything today but on the other hand it's his great movement, work rate and unpredictability that gets him into good positions in the first place.


Defending against Gerv is like having a grown man cry infront of you. You dont know where to put yourself because shit is just awkward.

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:56 am
by ThereIsBearCüm
Why is everyone giving Mannone 7s? I'm certain that several of you would have given Sneezy a 4 or lower for that performance

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:57 am
by Pudpop
ThereIsBearCum wrote:Why is everyone giving Mannone 7s? I'm certain that several of you would have given Sneezy a 4 or lower for that performance


He pulled off some saves that Chesney never would've pulled off

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 am
by ThereIsBearCüm
Pudpop wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:Why is everyone giving Mannone 7s? I'm certain that several of you would have given Sneezy a 4 or lower for that performance


He pulled off some saves that Chesney never would've pulled off


Surely you jest? Which ones? Every save he made should be comfortable for any EPL keeper, and he came for a ball that he was never even getting close to, which cost us a goal. His communication was lacking at times too.
And I know some of you like to harp on about distribution, and Mannone didn't hit a single Arsenal player in the first half, and very few in the second.

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:12 am
by Pudpop
ThereIsBearCum wrote: Every save he made should be comfortable for any EPL keeper,


And yet I still think Chesney would've missed at least 1.

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:22 am
by ThereIsBearCüm
Pudpop wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote: Every save he made should be comfortable for any EPL keeper,


And yet I still think Chesney would've missed at least 1.


Which one?

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 pm
by Leody
Just browsing the Sky ratings... they gave Kos a 7 today? The highest any Arsenal player received...

What game were they watching?

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:23 pm
by Kyle?
I gave Kos a 1, which i thought was generous considering it's entirely his fault that we lost.

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:40 pm
by Pudpop
I don't think the team's ratings matter when your manager gets a 1. If that happens you're screwed anyway

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:49 pm
by Tony_Adams
Kyle? wrote:I gave Kos a 1, which i thought was generous considering it's entirely his fault that we lost.


:lol:

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:50 pm
by Tony_Adams
Leody wrote:Just browsing the Sky ratings... they gave Kos a 7 today? The highest any Arsenal player received...

What game were they watching?


He was Chelsea's best striker! :hiding:

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:26 pm
by Kyle?
Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Leody wrote:Just browsing the Sky ratings... they gave Kos a 7 today? The highest any Arsenal player received...

What game were they watching?


He was Chelsea's best striker! :hiding:


His finish was superb to be fair, lovely little dink to take it away from Mannone. If he could have done that at the right end, i would have been very happy.

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:42 am
by CynicalGooner
Was really annoyed we couldn't get Podolski involved more. When he actually had the ball he did good things with it and looked dangerous. But he probably only had 5 or so touches in the whole game

Worse was the fact that he made 2 very good runs, completely unmarked with acres of space to exploit and wasn't slipped in. Gervinho didn't even look

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:45 am
by Kyle?
Is it worth playing Poldi through the middle again? I know we did it against Sunderland, but he went missing in that game.

Olympiacos would be a nice gentle game to ease him into the role.

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:02 am
by gzagee
What the stats don't tell you is how much defensive work Podolski puts in. Again his anonymity was due to Cazorla's lack of effectiveness.
Even though Gervinho scored I would've tried Theo up front. In fact next week I'd try alternating Theo and Gervinho as striker/inside forward, and benching Ramsey.