Player ratings discussion thread

Re: Player ratings discussion thread

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Why not rate the manager after every game for his team selection, formation, tactics and substitution?
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:22 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Why not rate the manager after every game for his team selection, formation, tactics and substitution?

Great Idea!! After all he atkes the ultimate accolade or sanction!!
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:07 pm

If Cazorla's performance doesn't deserve a ten then I don't know what does!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Eh, how do you give Giroud a 4.5 BearCum? Plays 10 minutes and doesn't do much wrong. I accept a 6 for maybe being able to do more against Federici on his one real chance, even though it was good goalkeeping, but your continually low ratings of the player (and Ive noticed) are just quite simply unfair.

Also Zenith and A-F... Don't quite understand how you can give him a 5, or even rate him on 10 minutes play.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:51 pm

A half decent player would have scored twice (a good one would have had a hatrick), and nearly every touch gave the ball away.
Unfair? Hardly. His performances have been poor.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:58 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:A half decent player would have scored twice (a good one would have had a hatrick), and nearly every touch gave the ball away.
Unfair? Hardly. His performances have been poor.

Weird then, how you're the only person who seems to think he's been playing as badly as your ratings say... Your ratings have been continuously lower than the average of everyone elses. No I didn't need to add it up because it was visible. I grant he hasn't been playing well in his last 5 or so games, and hasn't deserved good ratings, but your judgements of his performances make it seem as if you don't even support the player to do well, and lets not forget that he is an Arsenal player after all.

Also, to say he should've have scored both his chances is just ridiculous. Had Judas missed those 2 (even though the second one he didn't even miss, the keeper got there before him) you NEVER would've said he should've scored both. Hell you wouldn't have said it had Poldi missed those chances
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:15 pm

Your ratings of Walcott are lower than the average, so I suppose you don't support him at all? :rolleyes:

Either of the players you mention would have buried those chances. For a start, they would have actually been in the right position for the first one, instead of one that any striker should know you are never going to score from. And Giroud was nowhere near determined enough to get on the end of that chance... a trait that I see from him far far too often.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:20 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:If Cazorla's performance doesn't deserve a ten then I don't know what does!

it was against reading
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Zenith » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Wasn't very impressed with Gibbs's defending today, lost his man on several occasions and played a terrible ball that led to a goal.

Going forward and football wise he was decent though, nice assist on Podolski.

Still one of our most consistent players this season but this was for me one of his less impressive games.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby FourSix » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:09 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:If Cazorla's performance doesn't deserve a ten then I don't know what does!

His performance wasn't flawless, gave it away cheaply a few times. Was our best player but it wasn't a 10 performance.

And for everyone saying "it was just Reading", it's irrelevant. We're rating the performances of our players, not how bad theirs were.
FourSix
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 am

I go by the criteria in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=20240
For me, Cazorla's performance was more "absolutely world class" as opposed to "a performance of truely memorable proportion". It was a fantastic performance, but I don't think I'll remember it in a year or two.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:22 am

Pudpop wrote:Also Zenith and A-F... Don't quite understand how you can give him a 5, or even rate him on 10 minutes play.

I like what Giroud brings on to the team Pudpop. He offers us a more direct route and never stops running but having said that yesterday he gave the ball away cheaply in crucial areas. Yes he played for ten minutes but he should have buried the chance you are talking about. I can rate him based on whatever he got to do in those ten minutes. I have rated Gibbs also 5.5 if you notice who always scores very high in my ratings every time. Gibbs not only fecked us over with the first goal but he was gung ho most of the times with scant regard for what was going behind his ass. He is a top left back but yesterday he was playing like a winger and not as a LB. Yes you need to attack but you need to get the balance right and against a better side would have landed us in hot soup.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:28 am

Massa wrote:

it was against reading

+1

Cazorla had a wonderful performance but it was against a team which did not close him down. Reading players gave him enough time and space to work his magic.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 am

Zenith wrote:Wasn't very impressed with Gibbs's defending today, lost his man on several occasions and played a terrible ball that led to a goal.

Going forward and football wise he was decent though, nice assist on Podolski.

Still one of our most consistent players this season but this was for me one of his less impressive games.

Don't forget that he also ran back and played Reading onside for teh second as well, as he wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention to the defensive line at that stage.

Gibbs defends like Santos. Seriously.

Put on any tape of him when he plays and watch how many fundamental defensive errors he makes. it's no surprise that most teams try to exploit his inability to defend by playing the ball down his side (note in particular in teh CL how often goals come from his side)

when going forward, Gibbs is excellent. The problem is that you either take the good of Gibbs (going forward) and trade this off with the bad (useless defender) - Arsene seems to prefer the offensive part.

What really gets me is that Gibbs has all the attributes to BE a really good defender, but doesnt appear to use his brain to the same effect.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:28 am

Cole and Clichy were the same for us.

Cole improved at Chelsea but Clichy still makes those mistakes at City.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Player of the Season 2012-13