Hello and a little bit of advice please!

Come in and introduce yourself here, and test the features.

Hello and a little bit of advice please!

Postby Skeater » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Hello.
I'm new to this sort of thing and after some advice please?. Bit about me first though- my Dad was a massive Arsenal fan, he died 1996. Mum a huge fan until she died last year aged 80. She and I did a tour of Highbury and the Emirates but I didn't see a match until the last friendly match in September which I went to with my Sister. Getting an Arsenal memorial plaque for them.
Mum had fifteen years worth of Arsenal magazines all stored nicely and I'm wondering is this something that would sell? And if so is this the place to sell them?
Many thanks and very grateful for any advice.
Skeater
Skeater
Liam Brady

Re: Hello and a little bit of advice please!

Postby Rockape » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:34 pm

It appears not!

(Sorry to hear about your folks tho!)
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Skeater wrote:Hello.
I'm new to this sort of thing and after some advice please?. Bit about me first though- my Dad was a massive Arsenal fan, he died 1996. Mum a huge fan until she died last year aged 80. She and I did a tour of Highbury and the Emirates but I didn't see a match until the last friendly match in September which I went to with my Sister. Getting an Arsenal memorial plaque for them.
Mum had fifteen years worth of Arsenal magazines all stored nicely and I'm wondering is this something that would sell? And if so is this the place to sell them?
Many thanks and very grateful for any advice.
Skeater

If they are official match day programmes they may be of some value, although people are often disappointed at their relatively modest resale value. Obviously cup finals and semi finals and particularly notable games have a premium value

There are various traders who advertise online and some who sell back issues of Arsenal programmes in the St Thomas's Road area on match days
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:07 pm

I think they are magazines, not match day programmes.

What years are the magazines from?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Skeater » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi Sorry for my delayed response and thank you all very much for your replies. Yes they are magazines and date back to 2002/03 onto 2017.
I think you are right though Rockape - not a lot of interest!! It's just hard to dump something that was so precious to my Mum, but I will figure something out and as time moves on it is easier to move stuff on too. I read an article recently about how football magazines can help people with Alzheimer's as it helps with memory and reminiscence so maybe I'll get in touch with them (probably won't want 15 years worth though! Lol

Thank you all and Happy New Year!x
Skeater
Liam Brady

Postby Thadet36 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:51 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I think they are magazines, not match day programmes.

What years are the magazines from? Tirereviews

hi,
i am new here and have to say that I am an Arsenal fan. would like to find more information about first players, what are they doing now?
Thadet36
Liam Brady

Return to Introductions