Glasgow Gooner

Come in and introduce yourself here, and test the features.

Glasgow Gooner

Postby l17ardking » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:34 pm

Hello all,

A quick introduction...

As the title suggests I'm Scottish and have no geographical reason for supporting Arsenal. Nor do I recall with any great clarity any outstanding Scottish players who served with distinction at Highbury. I of course know there have been many, but the vast majority are just beyound my own memory. In fact, the only recent one I think would be Charlie Nick, and quite frankly I'm not his biggest fan to put it mildly!

No, it is for purer, more spiritual reasons that I found myself drawn to the Gunners from an early age. I've always been an avid football fan, and by football I mean football as it should be played, not necessarily winning at all costs but knowing that at the end of the match you had given your all and had honoured the famous jersey.

Oh, and I always loved the cannon on the badge. Dead cool.

The clincher for me was when I found out that there was a long-standing link between Arsenal and my hometown club Rangers.

So, and with well-meaning but probably ultimately futile intentions to make a meaningful contribution to the debate on this forum, I hereby join and pledge my allegiance to GoonersWorld.
l17ardking
Liam Brady

Re: Glasgow Gooner

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Welcome :)
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:01 pm

Welcome!
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby arsebandit » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:54 pm

Hey Brother.
You're absolutely on the money... Our badge is quite simply the best. ( I am NOT a big fan of the new 'improved' version )
I ain't champagnes' biggest fan either. During the dark 80's so dreadful were we that any player capable of tying their own boot laces would've improved our team..... Champagne DIDN'T..
I was however, fortunate enough, along with my dad to be at wembley the day he won us The Littlewoods Cup so because of that he will always have a place in my heart!
Nice to have you aboard. :-)
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to Introductions