Northern Gooner

Come in and introduce yourself here, and test the features.

Northern Gooner

Postby robin_of_the_hood » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:28 am

HI everyone, I have been reading posts on this forum for a while but always just reading so finally I have taken the plunge!.
I live in Nottinghamshire(I know what some of you are thinking)I always get asked "why do you support Arsenal when you live up North!?.")
Simple answer my old man is and Owls fan and he was brought up there, naturally when I was around 7 about 1984 he took me to my first game Wednesday Vs Arsenal and Arsenal won and ever since then I have supported them much to my old man's disappointment especially back in the day when we had Wednesday in the Coca Cola Cup and F.A Cup beating Wednesday both times! we all remember a certain incident that happened to one of our players as well, need I repeat it....

Anyway hi, and I hope I can add some decent posts without getting flamed for being up North.

Steve

:arse fan:
robin_of_the_hood
Liam Brady

Re: Northern Gooner

Postby Trina » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 am

Welcome to the forum Steve :)
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Vinny » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:43 am

Welcome Steve
Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby robin_of_the_hood » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:55 am

Cheers
robin_of_the_hood
Liam Brady

Postby Callum » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:02 am

Welcome mate.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 am

Hello from me. I am from Wigan and nobody has been nasty to me.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Yo, yo, yo..................................welcome!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:18 pm

robin_of_the_hood wrote:HI everyone, I have been reading posts on this forum for a while but always just reading so finally I have taken the plunge!.
I live in Nottinghamshire(I know what some of you are thinking)I always get asked "why do you support Arsenal when you live up North!?.")
Simple answer my old man is and Owls fan and he was brought up there, naturally when I was around 7 about 1984 he took me to my first game Wednesday Vs Arsenal and Arsenal won and ever since then I have supported them much to my old man's disappointment especially back in the day when we had Wednesday in the Coca Cola Cup and F.A Cup beating Wednesday both times! we all remember a certain incident that happened to one of our players as well, need I repeat it....

Anyway hi, and I hope I can add some decent posts without getting flamed for being up North.

Steve

:arse fan:

Hi mate
Welcome
More information please though on your 1st game
We only played Sheffield wed once in 1984 and lost 2-1
It was a big match live game
Lee chapman scored against us a back post header beating sansom in the air to put it past Jennings who was playing. His last game for us lukic took over after this
We equalized in the 2 nd half when peter shirtliffe miss kicked it straight into woodcocks path
A couple of mins later Davis gave away a free kick and Wednesdays smith outjumped Anderson and robson to head home
It was only the 2 nd league game we had been live on tv the previous one was a 4-2 defeat at old Trafford when we had been top it was on a Friday night on the bbc
This Sheffield Wednesday game was a Sunday afternoon on the itv
I would have gone up there had it not been live on tv
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Return to Introductions