Come in and introduce yourself here, and test the features.

Postby Dramatica » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm from Germany and Arsenal is my favorite English team. I was very happy when I heard that Özil joined the Gunners since I think he'll be more appreciated there than at Real Madrid, that he fits the Arsenal style perfectly and can improve his skills in the PL ("toughen up" a bit, maybe learn to defend more).
My favorite German team is actually Borussia Dortmund, so I'm a little bit torn regarding the match on Tuesday ;-) Just hope that both teams will have fit players, that way I'm sure that this match will be fun to watch!
Oh and all I want for Christmas is for Arsenal and Dortmund to pass the group stages :biggrin:

Cheers! :)
Dramatica
Liam Brady

Re: New member

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi

I don't think Ozil is gonna toughen up or start defending with any great enthusiasm but as long as he keeps slicing teams open on the break, I'm not too bothered.

You have probably seen more of Dortmund recently than any of us, prediction for Tuesday?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Welcome!!!
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Dramatica » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:14 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I don't think Ozil is gonna toughen up or start defending with any great enthusiasm

Well, one can hope :-D Because that's actually his biggest flaw right now.

As for the match on Tuesday - very hard to tell. Dortmund has a great attacking side but right now they are extremely wasteful with their chances (that's why they lost against Gladbach 2:0 two weeks ago, although they were the dominating team the whole time). The game yesterday (against Hannover) wasn't good either since they didn't put up any fight. Could be that they wanted to save some strength for Tuesday, especially since 4 players (Reus, Sahin, Bender, Sokratis) just got back after being injured. The defence is still a little shaky, too.

Still, Dortmund might play completely different on Tuesday. Last season they lost a lot of points in the Bundesliga, yet played amazing in the CL ...very unpredictable.

So, it all depends on how fit the players are and what they do with their chances to score a goal. All in all I think Arsenal has an advantage. I'm really bad at guessing results, tho ..so ...let's just say 2:1.
Dramatica
Liam Brady

Postby Swan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:16 pm

:hello:
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Welcome to the forum :arsesmile:
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Git » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Welcome. :)
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:58 pm

Welcome bud :)
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Welcome :)
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Youngie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:33 pm