21/07/20 | Aston Villa1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 21/07/20 | Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:30 pm

Villa just showed Chelsea how to neutralize Auba for 90 minutes. Just pressure the midfielders and wingbacks so they pass sideways in perpetuity, leaving Auba to do nothing but place hopeless crosses into the box even though Laca and Nketiah will never get to them
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:35 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
gooney wrote:Zero shots on target lool. Good reminder for the club how far we are behind. We are desperate for creating midfielder and the technical level is way below the top teams

i've noticed our players ... don;t know how to receive a pass like 50% of the time... it bounces off them out of their control...

That's been happening, and mentioned for over a decade.
:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

it's kinda mind boggling .. STILL
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:41 pm

aniym wrote:Villa just showed Chelsea how to neutralize Auba for 90 minutes. Just pressure the midfielders and wingbacks so they pass sideways in perpetuity, leaving Auba to do nothing but place hopeless crosses into the box even though Laca and Nketiah will never get to them

Problem is Auba had a great and simple chance to square the ball when he got free the one time in the game. His pass was awful. That's Auba. Can't link play, can't pass, he'll just pop up every 3 games or so and get a brace, usually against the smaller clubs.
It's not just the midfield.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Fran Solo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:05 pm

I couldn't be the only one not surprised by this lost. We are improving, but not really that great yet to be able to keep the concentration high all the time in this hectic schedule.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:31 pm

Fran Solo wrote:I couldn't be the only one not surprised by this lost. We are improving, but not really that great yet to be able to keep the concentration high all the time in this hectic schedule.

When I saw that Arteta was going to play more attacking away from home, I thought we might struggle.
Our squad dictates that we play defensively first and try and hit teams on the break.
We don't have the talent to play any other way.
It's about time we all accepted we don't have great players.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:47 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Today was everything we need to get rid of.
We must rebuild the team.
Get some money in by selling Auba and Laca for starters. They are both completely ineffective if we're going to try and play possession football. They have failed in their arsenal careers. We've got much worse since they joined.

Grealish has more ability than both of them put together times 10. Use the money to sign him.

The only thing your right about is the possession football, yes Auba and Laca are not RVP and Henry who could play like CAM's and ST's all in one.

But your Vardy would be no different, I think we should just go back to the Athletico game plan, the possession with the CB's having the ball so much is no good, defend then break hard helped us beat the top 2, forget mixing up the tactics.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:39 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Today was everything we need to get rid of.
We must rebuild the team.
Get some money in by selling Auba and Laca for starters. They are both completely ineffective if we're going to try and play possession football. They have failed in their arsenal careers. We've got much worse since they joined.

Grealish has more ability than both of them put together times 10. Use the money to sign him.

The only thing your right about is the possession football, yes Auba and Laca are not RVP and Henry who could play like CAM's and ST's all in one.

But your Vardy would be no different, I think we should just go back to the Athletico game plan, the possession with the CB's having the ball so much is no good, defend then break hard helped us beat the top 2, forget mixing up the tactics.

Auba might HAVE the golden boot if he took as many pens as Vardy.,..

anyway, a typical Arsenla makes my stomach hurt performance... not surprising... i was so tentative about watching today...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:45 am

DiamondGooner wrote: The only thing your right about is the possession football, yes Auba and Laca are not RVP and Henry who could play like CAM's and ST's all in one.

Agree completely - the difference between a true worldy striker and the likes of Auba, Vardy and Ings is that even on a day when their teammates play utter shite they will still produce that moment of magic and grab a goal. Auba is a no question great striker but again today he showed his limitations, RvP and Henry would have made something happen, Auba was just like against Spurs sadly invisible ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:04 am

Losmeister wrote:
gooney wrote:Zero shots on target lool. Good reminder for the club how far we are behind. We are desperate for creating midfielder and the technical level is way below the top teams

i've noticed our players ... don;t know how to receive a pass like 50% of the time... it bounces off them out of their control...

We are trying to play technical game which demands high level technical players and we simply can’t. The closer we get to opponents goal the harder it is for us to do any combinations as the players need space and time
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20