28/06/20 | Sheffield United 1-2 Arsenal | FA Cup

Re: 28/06/20 | Sheffield United 1-2 Arsenal | FA Cup

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:41 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Ach wrote:
aniym wrote:RVP and Rio in the BT Sport studio ripping into our inability to defend against set pieces, saying this was a problem as far back as his time here.

He's right.

Yeah but but he's still a c***.

Without question. Him and Cesc are c**** of the highest order

Nothing wrong with Cesc imo, we even had a clause of first refusal when he went to leave but Wenger declined

RVP on the other hand ......... yeah that one leaves a sour taste, unfortunately the little prick was desperate to win the league and didn't think Wenger starting to down tools was going to achieve it, he was right in a way but he owed us more after we stuck by him all those years injured then gave him Henry's old spot as the no1 player.

Yep. I can't f***ing stand the sight of him.

Absolute c***.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:03 pm

I think RVP has generally been quite positive about Arsenal in his minor stints at punditry and shown that he actually cared about the club just not enough to put his own ambition aside.

Part of me still thinks he’s a c*** but he was still a class player and he and Cesc are both more an Arsenal legend than anything we had since Henry/Vieira.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:11 pm

RVP is not a legend. Cesc gave us so many great years and joined a non-domestic rival.

If we're honest before the last couple of seasons RVP was a crock, constantly on the injury bed.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gordon Bennit » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 am

Agree with the above about Van Persie. One good season after several years of making a permanent arse-dint on the treatment table, then left for the scum. There's a great song about him which as on TalkSPORT years ago, I think by an Arsenal supporters band, called 'The Away Boys' or something like that.

Tough draw aside, another win and a semi final to look forward to. Great play between Saka and Eddie for the winner and some decent stops by Emi to build confidence. Thought he should have come for more crosses but only a thought. Clear penalty and VAR actually helped us out a few times. Their goal stank of Rory Delap but as said, the whole world knows we need to work on defending. For today, through and a piece of silverware still to go for.
Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name
Gordon Bennit
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby VCC » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:47 am

RVP was the modern day Frank staplcunt
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:03 am

VCC wrote:RVP was the modern day Frank staplcunt

Yes.

He got some serious abuse from our crowds for the rest of his career.

You're just a greedy C***
Stapleton
Stapleton
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:16 am

[quote="VCC"]RVP was the modern day Frank staplcunt[/quote)
Not really mate. Stapleton took a side ways step
There was no reason he was going to win any more at united than he did at arsenal
At least Brady went abroad which was a different proposition then. He was broadening his horizons in pastures new.
Rvp wanted to go where ambition was. The shame of the situation was that wasnt arsenal.
I have said this many times
I love arsenal to my very core but were I a player I would go wherever was best for my career. Weather that be to a rival or as far as the moon.
All this booing and hate shit let's our shocking board off the hook.
As for injures the club have a duty of care
They feel no compunction about jettisoning players if it suits them. Its football not a ficking garden party.
Club need to toughen up at every level
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20