28/06/20 | Sheffield United 1-2 Arsenal | FA Cup

Re: 28/06/20 | Sheffield United 1-2 Arsenal | FA Cup

Postby Angelito » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: Mikel v Unai

The one difference that I implore people to look at is the mere attempt of Mikel trying to work on a system. It's far, far from perfect but you can see that he has a plan. Unai looked clueless for much of his time at Arsenal.

Mull on that.

themessiah wrote:RVP sounds so bitter

Man needs to learn snake-ism from Cesc, who is basically running a self-driven PR campaign to get into the good books of Gooners.

van Persie, on the other hand, seems to take a dig at Arsenal on every opportunity he finds.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Didn't see the game, will have to watch the rerun - or at least the highlights.
Doesn't sound like we played that well, but a win is a win.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby yadunoe » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:37 pm

Angelito wrote:Re: Mikel v Unai

The one difference that I implore people to look at is the mere attempt of Mikel trying to work on a system. It's far, far from perfect but you can see that he has a plan. Unai looked clueless for much of his time at Arsenal.

Mull on that.

themessiah wrote:RVP sounds so bitter

Man needs to learn snake-ism from Cesc, who is basically running a self-driven PR campaign to get into the good books of Gooners.

van Persie, on the other hand, seems to take a dig at Arsenal on every opportunity he finds.

Him and Fabregas will always be snakes in my eyes
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:38 pm

Cesc will always be an arsenal legend

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:39 pm

Ach wrote:
aniym wrote:RVP and Rio in the BT Sport studio ripping into our inability to defend against set pieces, saying this was a problem as far back as his time here.

He's right.

Yeah but but he's still a c***.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:41 pm

aniym wrote:RVP and Rio in the BT Sport studio ripping into our inability to defend against set pieces, saying this was a problem as far back as when he was playing there.

Two man utd legends.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:46 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Ach wrote:
aniym wrote:RVP and Rio in the BT Sport studio ripping into our inability to defend against set pieces, saying this was a problem as far back as his time here.

He's right.

Without question. Him and Cesc are c**** of the highest order
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:48 pm

I disagree. With Unai you could see a plan. If he made subs early in the game you could see why. If he went with 3 CBs you could see he was trying to improve the defence. He was labelled a 'defensive coach' but at least he tried to fix the defence.

Arteta appears to have no style of play other than boring sideways passing possession. The defence are shambolic and appear to have no idea of who is doing what, particularly defending set pieces. In attack we also appear to have no game plan which is why when we get the ball into attacking areas it often ends up passed sideways and even backwards and ends up back in our own half. Our goals come from moments of individual greatness or opponents messing up rather than rehearsed patterns of play or great team work.

Not sure what system you are seeing Arteta try to implement!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:09 pm

Santi wrote:Future goat manager gets a win over Chris wilder who some laughably wanted here. We made sheff utd look awful and into the semis.

Coach tets gonna take us to number 14 and lift his trophy again :cloud9:
Wilder doesn't have the squad. Robbie from AFTV like me called it. They were doing well because everyone around them had European distractions and horrible injury problems.

Covid has f***ked Sheffield United bad. Big teams have so many back fit and 5 subs has shown them their level.

Manager of the pre Covid season easily for me ahead of Klopp.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockape » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:10 pm

Ach wrote:Anyway back in topic, when's the semi final draw?

Half time in the Magpies game
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:12 pm

Rockape wrote:
Ach wrote:Anyway back in topic, when's the semi final draw?

Half time in the Magpies game

Why not just do it at full time?

Anyway could be 2 manc clubs and 2 biggest London clubs.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:39 pm

Tony Adams wrote:

I disagree. With Unai you could see a plan. If he made subs early in the game you could see why. If he went with 3 CBs you could see he was trying to improve the defence. He was labelled a 'defensive coach' but at least he tried to fix the defence.

Arteta appears to have no style of play other than boring sideways passing possession. The defence are shambolic and appear to have no idea of who is doing what, particularly defending set pieces. In attack we also appear to have no game plan which is why when we get the ball into attacking areas it often ends up passed sideways and even backwards and ends up back in our own half. Our goals come from moments of individual greatness or opponents messing up rather than rehearsed patterns of play or great team work.

Basically agree with this, our goals are mostly from individuals producing something, or opposition errors not a result of Artetas supposed plan, if anything he looks more clueless by the game, injuries are forcing his hand and he’s having to play certain guys he doesn’t want to, as for giving Xhaka the armband what an absolute joke.

Aubameyang, Martinelli and now Pepe have been saving his bacon since he arrived, he dropped Martinelli, wouldn’t pick Pepe and won’t play Aubameyang up top, he really has no idea. His luck will run out soon, they can’t keep rescuing him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:44 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Santi wrote:Future goat manager gets a win over Chris wilder who some laughably wanted here. We made sheff utd look awful and into the semis.

Coach tets gonna take us to number 14 and lift his trophy again :cloud9:
Wilder doesn't have the squad. Robbie from AFTV like me called it. They were doing well because everyone around them had European distractions and horrible injury problems.

Covid has f***ked Sheffield United bad. Big teams have so many back fit and 5 subs has shown them their level.

Manager of the pre Covid season easily for me ahead of Klopp.

I actually agree with you for once. He is several levels above Arteta as a manager.
It's a shame we didn't get him
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:45 pm

Tony Adams wrote:

I agree with you - the signs are that Arteta embraces the boring football Wenger played.
We'll get nothing from him apart from a Wenger redux minus the first 7 seasons of Wenger.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:11 pm

Ach wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Ach wrote:

He's right.

Without question. Him and Cesc are c**** of the highest order

Nothing wrong with Cesc imo, we even had a clause of first refusal when he went to leave but Wenger declined

RVP on the other hand ......... yeah that one leaves a sour taste, unfortunately the little prick was desperate to win the league and didn't think Wenger starting to down tools was going to achieve it, he was right in a way but he owed us more after we stuck by him all those years injured then gave him Henry's old spot as the no1 player.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20