20/06/20 | Brighton 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 20/06/20 | Brighton 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Godlop » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:32 pm

Goonerfromafrica wrote:Cant expect less seeing that our manager has never managed a large team, or any team by himself for that matter. It’s not even personal with Arteta, just becoming increasingly visible that he was not ready for this task. His initial appointment only indicates a lack of awareness, care, and knowledge in our administration.

It is sad that it took a losing goal to ignite some anger in our players. The fact that not one of our boys approached Maupay after the collision just says so much really. We are a team of career sportspeople and nothing more.

I think they underestimated how bad the overall mentality of the team really is. I think Arteta could do a good job with a team that's more willing to fight and obviously more talented.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Swan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:39 pm

Godlop wrote:
Goonerfromafrica wrote:Cant expect less seeing that our manager has never managed a large team, or any team by himself for that matter. It’s not even personal with Arteta, just becoming increasingly visible that he was not ready for this task. His initial appointment only indicates a lack of awareness, care, and knowledge in our administration.

It is sad that it took a losing goal to ignite some anger in our players. The fact that not one of our boys approached Maupay after the collision just says so much really. We are a team of career sportspeople and nothing more.

I think they underestimated how bad the overall mentality of the team really is. I think Arteta could do a good job with a team that's more willing to fight and obviously more talented.

How by making them pass between the back line more
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:02 pm

So disappointing.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby tufnelltoughie » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:09 pm

Godlop wrote:

It's the coaches job to instill the desire and tactics into the players. Arteta does neither.

Relegation beckons if this form continues.
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:24 pm

tufnelltoughie wrote:
Godlop wrote:

It's the coaches job to instill the desire and tactics into the players. Arteta does neither.

There's not going to be any quick fix. The issue is not the players skill exactly or even the coach, it's the entire culture at the club that Wenger created.
The odd signing here or there is not going to change that. What we need is a clean break from the past.
That means getting rid of all coaches and all players (with the POSSIBLE exception of 2 or 3).
We can no let any player or coach used to the culture at Arsenal now to infect the club.

This is a 20+ year project now, much like Liverpool getting back to the top after 30 years.
It will take a similar amount of time.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby tufnelltoughie » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:42 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
tufnelltoughie wrote:
Godlop wrote:

There's not going to be any quick fix. The issue is not the players skill exactly or even the coach, it's the entire culture at the club that Wenger created.
The odd signing here or there is not going to change that. What we need is a clean break from the past.
That means getting rid of all coaches and all players (with the POSSIBLE exception of 2 or 3).
We can no let any player or coach used to the culture at Arsenal now to infect the club.

This is a 20+ year project now, much like Liverpool getting back to the top after 30 years.
It will take a similar amount of time.

We need to get rid of Kroenke first.
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Zenith wrote:Image

:rofll: :rofll:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:28 pm

theres not one player out of all our CBs or FBs that is of the quality that should be on a team that is top 4 in any of Europes big leagues...

hwne your defense is so easily gone by? you ship goals.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:47 pm

wenger out, getting 4th is mediocre...

i tolya... be careful of what you wish for....

sad to see the Arnesal shambolic to the point where they cant get Europa...

oh well... you guys bitched and moaned and i tolya that you didnt know what the hell it was to root for a team that was truly poor... and this is just the 2nd year of it....

the taste doesnt get better
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:48 pm

the above is not a defense of wenger, really... it was time for a new era... yall were just deluded to think it was so sure that we'd improve...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:02 pm

Losmeister wrote:the above is not a defense of wenger, really... it was time for a new era... yall were just deluded to think it was so sure that we'd improve...

Our back 4 today were all Wenger era players...we'd have Welbeck, Iwobi and Wilshere in front of them if le Professeur was still here.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:34 pm

aniym wrote:
Losmeister wrote:the above is not a defense of wenger, really... it was time for a new era... yall were just deluded to think it was so sure that we'd improve...

Our back 4 today were all Wenger era players...we'd have Welbeck, Iwobi and Wilshere in front of them if le Professeur was still here.

i do realize this (signed on back end of Wenger era) but even then i was saying the players arent good enough and wenger was stale... but it wasnt that Wenger couldnt "get enough outta the players"... the players were bad. But he WAS manager when they signed, so fair dinkum...

point being that... exeunt Wenger was not a shoe in for return to glory...

anyway, the gulls left us like this today...

Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jack The Ripper » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:27 pm

I know everyone on here wants some random youtube players from foreign clubs that they never ever seen play a full 90 minutes in their life, But Dunk is exactly what we need, he is such a solid CB, he always has a good game, He puts his body on the line and is outstanding at headers, Van-Dijk even struggles in the air with Dunk, Dunk normally gets the slightly better of it when there is corners against Liverpool.

We should try to sign him I think, he would be a very solid guy for us.

Since Brighton came up we have always struggled with them, its always a draw or they beat us, this season, last season, and season before that!, and always Dunk is 9/10 in every game.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Ach » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:36 pm

How old is he? Mid 20s then get him in

Always said we should be getting players from other teams in this country ala Liverpool instead of unknown players from Ligue 2 or wherever.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby The Break Water » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:02 pm

Jack The Ripper wrote:I know everyone on here wants some random youtube players from foreign clubs that they never ever seen play a full 90 minutes in their life, But Dunk is exactly what we need, he is such a solid CB, he always has a good game, He puts his body on the line and is outstanding at headers, Van-Dijk even struggles in the air with Dunk, Dunk normally gets the slightly better of it when there is corners against Liverpool.

We should try to sign him I think, he would be a very solid guy for us.

Since Brighton came up we have always struggled with them, its always a draw or they beat us, this season, last season, and season before that!, and always Dunk is 9/10 in every game.

I agree with you, I'd be happy with Lewis Dunk. He is probably one of the best headers of the ball in the entire premiership. He is tall but he has a really good spring/jump too.
The Break Water
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20