07/03/20 | Arsenal 1-0 West Ham United | Premier League

Re: 07/03/20 | Arsenal 1-0 West Ham United | Premier League

Postby Santi » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:55 pm

Mm thought so...

You’d find it hard to find me significantly slagging Özil off. Maybe check who you’re replying to first before mouthing off.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Missed it. Sounds like another shit performance

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:23 pm

Ceballos was my MOTM. Saka and Leno were close and honourable mention for Laca and Ozil with the goal.

I think Arteta has to freshen things up with the set up. It's not working well on attack and i don't think it has anything to do with player motivation. Similar to what I saw against Portsmouth, it's like we played a flat 4-3-3 but instead of Guendouzi it was Ceballos returning to the middle but with no options ahead of him. Not sure what we're trying to achieve playing this way. It's getting stale and predictable.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby VCC » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:35 pm

Need to tie Saka down to a contract!!
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Dejan wrote:Missed it. Sounds like another shit performance

We are shit. I missed it aswell. But full matches are available on a number of sites.

Rubbish. Midfield is a huge issue. So static.

West Ham were too shit to score and we got hugely lucky with a deflection.

Agree with Santi. Our best player was ironically Ceballos but that isn't saying much. Nobody was good. Nobody deserved more than a 6/10

Ozil did get the assist. But still a 1/10 because that's literally all he did all game. He's getting worse every week. The 1 for the lucky assist, he destroyed at least 4 attacks with bad passes.

Lucky win but does not bold well at all for our next few games. Nobody has anything to fear whatsoever. Not looking forward to Wednesday.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:07 pm

elkanofan wrote:

We are shit. I missed it aswell. But full matches are available on a number of sites.

Agree with Santi. Our best player was ironically Ceballos but that isn't saying much. Nobody was good. Nobody deserved more than a 6/10

Ozil did get the assist. But still a 1/10 because that's literally all he did all game. He's getting worse every week. The 1 for the lucky assist, he destroyed at least 4 attacks with bad passes.

Lucky win but does not bold well at all for our next few games. Nobody has anything to fear whatsoever. Not looking forward to Wednesday.

Another so called fan butt hurt because Ozil was so good today.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:12 pm

Watched the last 20 mins of the first half during break at work. Fell asleep. We looked shit.

Was the rest of the match as bad as everyone says it was?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:13 pm

West Ham was the better team with more on and off shots and more chances. But we got the win. We are really not good tbh
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:38 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Butt hurt by what?

We have a huge 2 months ahead of us and this should of been a good comfortable win vs relegation fodder, yet we win via a fluke deflection?

West Ham had more shots on and off target than us?

Mother f***ers falling asleep watching West Ham literally fall over themselves trying and failing to score while we continue to pass sideways all game?

We won so I'm cool with that but nobody, absolutely no team, even Norwich has anything to fear from us, every game from now on even vs the shit relegation sides can go either way. If we aren't lucky like today we are in trouble and this will be a bad end to the season.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:44 pm

elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Butt hurt by what?

We have a huge 2 months ahead of us and this should of been a good comfortable win vs relegation fodder, yet we win via a fluke deflection?

West Ham had more shots on and off target than us?

Mother f***ers falling asleep watching West Ham literally fall over themselves trying and failing to score while we continue to pass sideways all game?

We won so I'm cool with that but nobody, absolutely no team, even Norwich has anything to fear from us, every game from now on even vs the shit relegation sides can go either way. If we aren't lucky like today we are in trouble and this will be a bad end to the season.

You got that right, if lady luck runs out for us we are fooked.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Kola » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:01 pm

From what I seen pretty much everything went through Ceballos but it seemed like West Ham put him under very little pressure on the ball, not sure if he would stand out much against top sides. My opinion was Saka looked the better option on the wing but Ceballos preferred to play to Pepe more because Ozil was playing closer to him but overall doing that created very little throughout. Don't think Nketiah got involved much at all, also Aubameyang was quiet for long parts until the end. Thought Leno and Luiz played well at the back, would have liked to see Saka a bit more involved because he looked a threat, Ceballos did well in his role but would be good to see him know the players around him better and see if he can improve. Clean sheet and 3pts is always positive, considering the attacking line up and seemingly bossing posession you would exxpect to create more chances so plenty of room to improve too.
Kola
Liam Brady

Re: 07/03/20 | Arsenal vs West Ham United | Premier League

Postby Losmeister » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:15 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Good win
MOTM Ozil - by far.

We lost control of it with the subs, which were poor again from Arteta... but Ozil's class won the day.

Try watching the game not just ozil
Laca was a good change today and probably should have started

No one else had a good game.
Ozil carried us and eventually got us the win.

god almighty.

only cripps/ronaldo even comes close

ozils vaccine for covid19 avaialble in Turkey tomorrow.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby #ST » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:16 pm

Kola wrote:From what I seen pretty much everything went through Ceballos but it seemed like West Ham put him under very little pressure on the ball, not sure if he would stand out much against top sides. My opinion was Saka looked the better option on the wing but Ceballos preferred to play to Pepe more because Ozil was playing closer to him but overall doing that created very little throughout. Don't think Nketiah got involved much at all, also Aubameyang was quiet for long parts until the end. Thought Leno and Luiz played well at the back, would have liked to see Saka a bit more involved because he looked a threat, Ceballos did well in his role but would be good to see him know the players around him better and see if he can improve. Clean sheet and 3pts is always positive, considering the attacking line up and seemingly bossing posession you would exxpect to create more chances so plenty of room to improve too.

I agree but I'd say Eddie was just straight up bad and Leno really kept us in the game.

Leno had an absolutely superb performance!!

Also Pablo Mari deserves a mention. It was a good game.

Shouted so hard my voice is completely gone

That VAR moment.. Jesus christ that felt like forever. We all lost our minds when the goal was given!!
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:21 am

SuperTurrek wrote:
Kola wrote:From what I seen pretty much everything went through Ceballos but it seemed like West Ham put him under very little pressure on the ball, not sure if he would stand out much against top sides. My opinion was Saka looked the better option on the wing but Ceballos preferred to play to Pepe more because Ozil was playing closer to him but overall doing that created very little throughout. Don't think Nketiah got involved much at all, also Aubameyang was quiet for long parts until the end. Thought Leno and Luiz played well at the back, would have liked to see Saka a bit more involved because he looked a threat, Ceballos did well in his role but would be good to see him know the players around him better and see if he can improve. Clean sheet and 3pts is always positive, considering the attacking line up and seemingly bossing posession you would exxpect to create more chances so plenty of room to improve too.

I agree but I'd say Eddie was just straight up bad and Leno really kept us in the game.

Leno had an absolutely superb performance!!

Also Pablo Mari deserves a mention. It was a good game.

Shouted so hard my voice is completely gone

That VAR moment.. Jesus christ that felt like forever. We all lost our minds when the goal was given!!

Agree about the VAR. It was an easy call but they took so long it was stupid...but then without VAR we would have been screwed by the lines-person. She was out of position to make the call, first by lining up on Nelson then trying to get in line with Ozil. To be fair it was a hard one to decide.

Arteta keeps playing Sokratis as a RB, which I find rather weird as it forces Ozil to support Pepe all the time and takes away from our midfield play/options. Ceballos had a decent game, in fact he was very effective defensively but he had few options to go to with the killer pass.

Laca looked like he was up for it big time when he came on. Perhaps he has been jump started by the kids playing in his stead. He always gives the effort though.

But all in all, we won ugly, got three points and we gained two on Spurs with a game in hand. Not a bad day. A point at City and it will be a good week.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:36 am

Despite the scoreline I though we played much better yesterday. We moved the ball back to front with a speed and intensity I haven’t seen in years. I’m also really liking the passing range that Luiz, Mari and Xhaka bring from the rear. The only thing missing is better organization at the back. We are still way too open.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20