20/02/20 | Olympiacos C.F.P. 0-1 Arsenal | Europa League

Re: 20/02/20 | Olympiacos C.F.P. vs Arsenal | Europa League

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:19 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
elkanofan wrote:If we end up somehow winning the Europa league it will be one of the most impressive things any manager has ever done for us.

This is not a high quality team at all. This team is average.

This has been one of the worst matches i have ever seen Arsenal involved in, but both teams.

Olympiakos are Burnley with a hot tan. They are terrible, even Valbuena who was a wicked player was almost non existent.

I'm happy for Laca, struggled but got his goal, will keep his confidence up.

Also another Assist for Saka!

Mustafi, Xhaka and Willock out best players today.

I'd give Mustafi MOTM

Willock was terrible.

In a sense of how terrible his final ball was everytime i agree.

I have low expectations for him. hes a very limited player technically. has poor technique, so his movement and runs is whats hes all about which he was very good. Won a lot of fouls with powerful runs, solid dribbling.

Remember, this was a absolutely atrocious game of football, so the bar was not set very high by anyone at all.

Poor final ball, decision making, positional awareness....technique. a really bad game for him today and I could see the players around him were confused and frustrated by the spaces he was choosing to occupy and the runs being made. It definitely didn't help that the team was so unbalanced. With a more balanced team maybe he'd cause cause to the opposition with the runs he makes into the box but for this game his style caused our players more of a problem. He shouldn't be starting.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Re: 20/02/20 | Olympiacos C.F.P. 0-1 Arsenal | Europa League

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:29 pm

Another clean sheet, actually out shot the opponent this time although barely. Winning when playing ugly. Baby steps but still improving. Still undefeated this year.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:33 pm

Man of the Match thread open.

Shortcut - viewtopic.php?f=127&t=38718
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:38 pm

Not a bad game if we were going for safety but I'd like to see this team start to put teams to the fire like they did against Newcastle.

We're being very meh for 70% of games and we'll get punished for it sooner or later.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:39 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Good lord Laca has been so poor.

Clown.

Only person who scored, vital away goal.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:49 pm

GunnerRobert wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Clown.

Did you watch the game though? I can see that the other guy seems to hate Lacazette for some reason, but it was an awful game, and he scored a tapin that was impossible to miss

Yes I did, he had to make the right run though, he was also behind 2 opposition players, stayed onside, it was a good goal.

I think some of you play too much FIFA, its not that easy scoring a goal like that when your vision of the ball is obstructed, Laca is a good box striker, if that 2nd attempts from Auba to Laca went in that would of been a great goal, on target as well, most of our team would of skied it or shot wide.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:51 pm

GunnerRobert wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Clown.

Did you watch the game though? I can see that the other guy seems to hate Lacazette for some reason, but it was an awful game, and he scored a tapin that was impossible to miss

It was a poor performance regardless of the goal. He needs to get his confidence back because he missed a lot of good chances that I could see Auba putting away easily.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby VCC » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:22 pm

Biggest concern for me is our game management on the pitch, we go 1-0 up and xhaka gets booked straight after we give away possession so easily time and again when we should be playing keep ball, and yes we really missed ozil playing easy 10 yard passes sideways and backwards today,
But hey we got there it's the destination that counts
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NJ_Gunner » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:09 am

GunnerRobert wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Clown.

Laca scores the winner, goal in back to back games and somehow he’s getting ripped. Laughable honestly. He saved us today at the end. When Guendouzi and willock are in the midfield you’re basically playing with 0 service. Hope that duo is never paired together again.
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:37 am

NJ_Gunner wrote:
GunnerRobert wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Clown.

Laca scores the winner, goal in back to back games and somehow he’s getting ripped. Laughable honestly. He saved us today at the end. When Guendouzi and willock are in the midfield you’re basically playing with 0 service. Hope that duo is never paired together again.

Arteta has been lucky enough the past four years that he was with DeBruyne and Silva in Pep's system. Oh come back Cazorla...
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby dc16 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:23 am

Internet was down so couldn’t watch it live. Just seen the highlights and looks like we rode our luck a bit but scored a lovely goal.

That pass from Saka was a beauty. What a great player he is for us.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:57 pm

NJ_Gunner wrote:
GunnerRobert wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Clown.

But if he was better earlier in the game we wouldn't have needed to be saved, Douzi and Willock have nothing to do with how shit his finishing has been. See how that works. Not that I'm ripping him, but his last goal he miss hit and it went off his other foot. He's been playing horrible football, don't paper over the cracks with a couple of goals, one being incredibly lucky.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:15 pm

I understand our fans were treated like shit last night. Pushed around and verbally abused by the police. They kept our fans locked in the terrace for 90 minutes after the game - not even letting people go to the toilet.

There were apparently monkey chants from their fans too - which were ignored by the Greek police and stewards.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:53 pm

StLGooner wrote:
NJ_Gunner wrote:
GunnerRobert wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Clown.

But if he was better earlier in the game we wouldn't have needed to be saved, Douzi and Willock have nothing to do with how shit his finishing has been. See how that works. Not that I'm ripping him, but his last goal he miss hit and it went off his other foot. He's been playing horrible football, don't paper over the cracks with a couple of goals, one being incredibly lucky.

Why not, Giroud made a career on it.

He was crap but everyone always said "But he scores" yes he was good for 1 goal exactly, rarely did he score a brace and I don't think he ever got a hat trick, yet he was our 1st choice for years.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:04 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
NJ_Gunner wrote:
GunnerRobert wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Clown.

Why not, Giroud made a career on it.

He was crap but everyone always said "But he scores" yes he was good for 1 goal exactly, rarely did he score a brace and I don't think he ever got a hat trick, yet he was our 1st choice for years.

So does that somehow mean that we can't point out their flaws? :dontknow:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20