02/02/20 | Burnley 0-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 02/02/20 | Burnley vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby VCC » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:09 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Just couldn't unlock them.
Only Ozil looked like he could but without efficient strikers we're going to continue to struggle scoring goals.
We are averaging less than a goal a game in open play.
Shocking.
Arteta has actually made it worse.

Jay have to say you and I watch different games.
If you are meaning Ozil hitting in corners because that's about all I saw and that's hardly creativity,
Not Ozils fault because this fixture away from home was never going to suit him,so Arteta should take his lightweight midfeild on the chin.
But I agree laca needs a spell
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:12 pm

themessiah wrote:
gooney wrote:2 of the worst footballing side in the pl play out 0-0 with terrible football. I honestly think even Burnley play better than us

Well says a lot that Mustafi was our best player today

9/10 he is our best defender. He just make bigger errors than others. He is also capable of defending others aint
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:14 pm

VCC wrote:
Only Ozil looked like he could but without efficient strikers we're going to continue to struggle scoring goals.
Shocking.

If you are meaning Ozil hitting in corners because that's about all I saw and that's hardly creativity,
Not Ozils fault because this fixture away from home was never going to suit him,so Arteta should take his lightweight midfeild on the chin.

Thats the problem - all Ozil's good work is ignored, maybe because of his salary. I really don;t know what is driving the agenda. Perhaps it's something deeper.

We put one very good move together in the second half. It was created by Ozil, who played a wonderful ball in to Martinelli after some top quality passing and movement through him in the attacking third, but instead of the kid shooting first time, he tried to control it. Why did you not see that? It was the only moment of real quality from us in the second half.
Yes Ozil's corners were good too.
He also played a few of his usual perfectly timed and weighted passes to not only get the ball to a team mate, but gave the chance to run towards the opposition. We get way too little of that from the other midfielders, who play it sideways or simple forward passes to a well marked team mate. The easy option time and time again.
Ozil was actually the best of our front 4 today.
Martinelli worked hard as always, but a lot didn;t come off for him.
Auba was not just rubbish, he missed 2 golden chances.
Laca was just, well, a non entity.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:28 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:
Shocking.

Thats the problem - all Ozil's good work is ignored, maybe because of his salary. I really don;t know what is driving the agenda. Perhaps it's something deeper.

We put one very good move together in the second half. It was created by Ozil, who played a wonderful ball in to Martinelli after some top quality passing and movement through him in the attacking third, but instead of the kid shooting first time, he tried to control it. Why did you not see that? It was the only moment of real quality from us in the second half.
He also played a few of his usual perfectly timed and weighted passes to not only get the ball to a team mate, but gave the chance to run towards the opposition. We get way too little of that from the other midfielders, who play it sideways or simple forward passes to a well marked team mate. The easy option time and time again.

Jay last week cebellos played a ball into the 18 yard box in behind the defenders that was not controlled I think off memory by martinelli his first run since injury you didn't see that,
I saw the move you are talking about good pass as was cebellos last week, but if that is all we can expect then we are up shit creek.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: 02/02/20 | Burnley 0-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby indy23 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:19 pm

Sell laca to atletico. Auba isn't going to sign . If he does then great, that's one less problem. Otherwise ship him to barca or wherever. Use the fund get Cavani short term on cheap. There is ur strong consistent top 10 world cf. And will be for another 2 seasons atleast. Next and by far the most important thing get Ozil out of this club and fix that f***ing mutant we call the arsenal midfield. Arsene Wenger didn't spend he didn't build good defenses but he never let arsenal go out without a stable midfield (except that one time in Manchester 8-2). This is the worst midfield in 3 decades full stop. End of discussion. People can cry their PC brains out when I say this but Mkhi and iwobi brought one thing the kids just don't have enough of yet.
experience. It's one thing to develop 1-2 talents at a time but 7-9 we are arsenal football club ffs.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:02 pm

VCC wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:
Shocking.

Jay last week cebellos played a ball into the 18 yard box in behind the defenders that was not controlled I think off memory by martinelli his first run since injury you didn't see that,
I saw the move you are talking about good pass as was cebellos last week, but if that is all we can expect then we are up shit creek.

It was one of two chances that Ozil created.
I think, though, the argument is getting lost between brilliant vs rubbush.
Ozil was neither today - he was ok. Probably the best of the front 4 in an all round awful team performance.

It seems that Ozil is held to a higher standard - either because of his wages or something else. Not sure. I do know the focus on him when we play badly is usually nonsense. Just don;t think enough fans have a knowledge of the game beyond transfer fees and wages levels.

Our major issue today was getting the ball into the final 3rd, where Ozil is at his best. Burnley closed really well and hurried our CM's to the extent we quickly lost possessionWe just couldn't get anything going fo much of the game. When we did, Ozil was usually involved.

The haters will keep the insane attacks on Ozil every time we play poorly, whilst at the same time throwing support behind players who actually play
worse. Odd.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:35 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:
Shocking.

Ozil was neither today - he was ok. Probably the best of the front 4 in an all round awful team performance.

It seems that Ozil is held to a higher standard - either because of his wages or something else. Not sure. I do know the focus on him when we play badly is usually nonsense. Just don;t think enough fans have a knowledge of the game beyond transfer fees and wages levels.

Our major issue today was getting the ball into the final 3rd, where Ozil is at his best. Burnley closed really well and hurried our CM's to the extent we quickly lost possessionWe just couldn't get anything going fo much of the game. When we did, Ozil was usually involved.

The haters will keep the insane attacks on Ozil every time we play poorly, whilst at the same time throwing support behind players who actually play
worse. Odd.

Jay you have pretty much explained why I wouldnt have played ozil ( or cebellos) today. And why we need to move away from even playing these guys.
1 playing laca up front and moving Auba to the wing takes away our movement, lava has no confidence atm and auba has better movement and pace to find space for a passer such as ozil or cebellos.
2 playing wide players such as Auba, martinelli and pepe they all look to come inside towards goal, if they stayed wide more often creating greater width and the occasional cross this would allow more space for the likes of ozil or cebellos to exploit and keep defenders thinking instead of being so one dimensional.
3 the space created by the wide players going to the by line would allow ozil or cebellos to attack goal scoring possition just inside the box
4 ozil does not run with the ball this means defenders can hang off and concentrate on closing down passing lanes (I have not mentioned cebellos because we just haven't seen enough of him)
I could come up with more but my point is
Ozil and cebellos wont suit this team and the players in it. As you have said but I dont agree totally " ozil wont improve until we have better players around him"
I dont agree because
1 any player improves in a team of better players it's part of a team performance.
2 I dont think it's the players or ozil but more ozil style and our forward line are not well matched as I explained earlier we dont use the pitch well (space)
3 is it not easier to remove one player (ozil) and find a system and player to play with in that system/ formation rather than removing half a team to suit a player as you say past his best and struggling with the resources around him
They are my thoughts
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:46 pm

its

ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB
not OZIl football club...

our players are midtable quality.

overvaluing ozil, bellend, xhaka ...., and formerly walcott wiobi cech et cet... is inviting poverty results... which is what we have...

seems we've stopped leaking goals... and also stopped scoring. Laca has been a fright. We need better. Imagine if Giroud was on a barren run like this... ther'd be tar and feathers a-gathering
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Godlop » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:34 pm

Giroud has been on worse runs and has rightly been criticised for it.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:44 pm

Losmeister wrote:its

ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB
not OZIl football club...

our players are midtable quality.

overvaluing ozil, bellend, xhaka ...., and formerly walcott wiobi cech et cet... is inviting poverty results... which is what we have...

seems we've stopped leaking goals... and also stopped scoring. Laca has been a fright. We need better. Imagine if Giroud was on a barren run like this... ther'd be tar and feathers a-gathering
Yes.

I literally fell asleep just before the final whistle.

f***ing dreadful performance and I'm right back at square one concern again.

As soon as Ozil went off we found a foothold in the game. When he was on the pitch. We looked beyond clueless with zero f***ing movement in midfield.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:44 pm

VCC wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:
Shocking.

worse. Odd.

Jay you have pretty much explained why I wouldnt have played ozil ( or cebellos) today. And why we need to move away from even playing these guys.
1 playing laca up front and moving Auba to the wing takes away our movement, lava has no confidence atm and auba has better movement and pace to find space for a passer such as ozil or cebellos.
2 playing wide players such as Auba, martinelli and pepe they all look to come inside towards goal, if they stayed wide more often creating greater width and the occasional cross this would allow more space for the likes of ozil or cebellos to exploit and keep defenders thinking instead of being so one dimensional.
3 the space created by the wide players going to the by line would allow ozil or cebellos to attack goal scoring possition just inside the box
4 ozil does not run with the ball this means defenders can hang off and concentrate on closing down passing lanes (I have not mentioned cebellos because we just haven't seen enough of him)
I could come up with more but my point is
Ozil and cebellos wont suit this team and the players in it. As you have said but I dont agree totally " ozil wont improve until we have better players around him"
I dont agree because
1 any player improves in a team of better players it's part of a team performance.
2 I dont think it's the players or ozil but more ozil style and our forward line are not well matched as I explained earlier we dont use the pitch well (space)
3 is it not easier to remove one player (ozil) and find a system and player to play with in that system/ formation rather than removing half a team to suit a player as you say past his best and struggling with the resources around him
They are my thoughts

Your reasons for not agreeing actually support the point that Ozil will not make much of a difference unless we have better players around him.
Getting rid of 1 player vs a lot is not really a valid proposition.
If we sold Ozil and brought in Messi, we'd still be sh*t- just a little bit less so.
Ozil is a proven world class creative player - one of the best of all time.
Until the squad improves dramatically, we are not going to have any stand out players that look good week in week out. It's as simple as that.
No one - and I mean no one - is tearing things up for us.
We've got a great kid in Martinelli, for example - undoubted talent - but he was pretty poor today.
Auba was god awful as was Lacazette.
We're not getting quality posession in the final third because we can't control the midfield - and we're hardly ever winning the ball and breaking into space. Today was just more of that.
Our greatest ever player (imo) Dennis Bergkamp wouldn't have made a difference to this team. It's awful - and I am not talking about confidence or form, I am talking about talent.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby yadunoe » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:17 am

Ozil isnt worth his wages and it could be used on a cdm we should of got rid of laca in jan and paying the price. Martinelli auba pepe ceballos should be the front 4
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:13 pm

A clusterfuck from start to finish, outplayed by the mighty Burnley.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:30 pm

the list of players that are better than ozil is at hwta he does is so long that the list of platers WORSE, is much, much, much shorter...

almost every EPL midfielder is better than he is. he's a shameless pussy of a footballer. eff that guy. get the eff off my club!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20