06/01/20 | Arsenal 1-0 Leeds United | FA Cup

Re: 06/01/20 | Arsenal 1-0 Leeds United | FA Cup

Postby arsenal52 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:27 pm

The most successful team in FAC history win again.
arsenal52
Liam Brady

Re: 06/01/20 | Arsenal vs Leeds United | FA Cup

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:31 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Ach wrote:Watched first 5 mins then went back to work. Was the first half as bad as everyone says it was?

worst first half of this season. Thankfully we sorted the pressing game after half time and Leeds tired predictably but overall not great at all.

WE NEED PLAYERS!!!!!

Arsenal 0 man city 3
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Re: 06/01/20 | Arsenal vs Leeds United | FA Cup

Postby elkanofan » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:13 am

starmandb wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Ach wrote:Watched first 5 mins then went back to work. Was the first half as bad as everyone says it was?

worst first half of this season. Thankfully we sorted the pressing game after half time and Leeds tired predictably but overall not great at all.

WE NEED PLAYERS!!!!!

Arsenal 0 man city 3

True in terms of scoreline but looking not just the stats and how we played, I honestly think we played better in the first half vs City who are a exceptional team.

Leeds while very good are a tier below. We are in serious trouble if we play a first half like that again with the games coming u this season.

Like i said Arteta can't just shout like a madman at half time every week and hope we wake up second half, better teams will be out of sight like City where against us.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Re: 06/01/20 | Arsenal 1-0 Leeds United | FA Cup

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:26 pm

elkanofan wrote:
starmandb wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

WE NEED PLAYERS!!!!!

Arsenal 0 man city 3

True in terms of scoreline but looking not just the stats and how we played, I honestly think we played better in the first half vs City who are a exceptional team.

Leeds while very good are a tier below. We are in serious trouble if we play a first half like that again with the games coming u this season.

Like i said Arteta can't just shout like a madman at half time every week and hope we wake up second half, better teams will be out of sight like City where against us.

Man city had a fag on in that game
Leeds are a team from the 2nd tier fighting to get into the next round of the fa cup
I have watched fantastic Arsenal sides struggle and have the fright of their lives against lower league sides
One of them was 3rd division Sheffield Wednesday in the 3rd round in 1979 the season we won the fa cup
In fact I have seen all teams given a hard time by lower league and sometimes non league opposition
It always brings out the old bollocks about how comes so and so can't beat so and so
We are in the hat
The only thing that matters
starmandb

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20