01/01/20 | Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United | Premier League

Re: 01/01/20 | Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United | Premier Leagu

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:39 am

Yeah it's telling none of the agenda lot replied to that post.

Silence is golden.

Emery is gone though. Couldn't quite get us out of the rut he was thrown in to despite being so close last season. Wish him well in his future.

Managed to watch motd on iPlayer. Man Utd looked that bad that even their awful players who always have stormer v us we're shit i.e. Lingard and their unknown youngsters did f all i.e. Greenwood.

Has any league had a rivalry that's had 2 clubs go from title rivals to mid table mediocrity to relegation battle of ole and Arteta stay for a period of time? Must be a first. We do everything together. We need Man Utd and they need us.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:07 am

elkanofan wrote:
Ach wrote:Didn't Emery beat a far better United last season with a Wenger squad?

Anyway good win. Didn't watch it or seen the goals. Unlikely to be home before motd.

On we go

He did but people have their agendas against Emery as if he was epitomy of evil.

Emery also beat a stronger United team with Pogba compared to today's pitiful depleted shower of shite.

BexleyGooner wrote:Is it too early for the we’ve got our arsenal back songs?

Way, way, way too early. We ain't out of the woods yet, lets just enjoy the win and take one game at a time.

In what way was it stronger? Because they had an overrated french midfielder with a personality disorder? Or because they had a flat track bully up front who couldn’t buy a goal against a big team?

Meanwhile this Man Utd has a much improved Marcus gashford (still think he’s trash personally) in goalscoring form and a much improved defence with Wan Bissaka in place of Young and Maguire in for Calamity Smalling.

Nevermind that the same guy you’ve trashed on the forum tonight, Mr Milly Rock, destroyed Emery’s Arsenal in the FA cup game at home.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: 01/01/20 | Arsenal vs Manchester United | Premier League

Postby Fran Solo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:24 am

Angelito wrote:

2-0! 2-0!
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 01/01/20 | Arsenal vs Manchester United | Premier League

Postby Fran Solo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:26 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Today is the day. 2-0 and Pepe scores.

Just wow, Man!
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:28 am

Obviously a great team performance but have to single out a few,
Laca run himself beyond the ground
Kos was a tank and produced some quality width and great balls
Pepe showed his quality
Luiz was fantastic
But for me Ozil who I seldom talk up deserves talking up for his all round performance his press work rate without the ball makes a big difference
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:55 am

Santi wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Ach wrote:Didn't Emery beat a far better United last season with a Wenger squad?

Anyway good win. Didn't watch it or seen the goals. Unlikely to be home before motd.

On we go

He did but people have their agendas against Emery as if he was epitomy of evil.

Emery also beat a stronger United team with Pogba compared to today's pitiful depleted shower of shite.

BexleyGooner wrote:Is it too early for the we’ve got our arsenal back songs?

Way, way, way too early. We ain't out of the woods yet, lets just enjoy the win and take one game at a time.

In what way was it stronger? Because they had an overrated french midfielder with a personality disorder? Or because they had a flat track bully up front who couldn’t buy a goal against a big team?

Agree Pogba is one of the most overrated footballers of all time but i like i say with Xhaka. United are a much better team with him than without him just based on pure talent.

Playing him and adjusting the squad so Lingaard who was an embarrassment today would of given them a much better chance of winning.

Pogba's issue is Raiola and Instagram have him already thinking he's a legend. He isn't, he's had an ok career so far and even when he's won things he's never ever been the main star.

Real better be careful because if they think Hazard has been bad Pogba may turn into on of their biggest ever flop signings of all time unless some serious changes are made to his mentality and awareness.

Pogba still suffers from the same issue he had 4 years ago which is he has no fundamental strongest position. He's just pure talent.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby yadunoe » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:36 am

Great game now we need an eqaul performance by josh raul vinay hus edu get to work boys earn your wages get some shit out and bring some quality defenders and cdm in
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:37 am

Unai Emery is a bum. Those that were trying to defend his record for months, saying he hasn't got the players, forced to play a certain or couldn't play a certain way....sit down. I don't care what he did against Utd last season, the guy is a flop. It would have been a massive mistake to allow him to continue with whatever he was trying to do. This was relegation form and one of the worst runs in Arsenal history.

Unai is done at this level and won't find another top job for a while. He almost ruined us and we're still having to deal with the fall out with players looking for the exit

It's early but Arteta finding a way to fix this mess with this being his first job is amazing. I thought this would be too big for him but so far he is pulling it off. Hats off to him because the fixture pile up and injury pile up has been a test of fire.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby indy23 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:40 am

Relax cheeko it's 1 win
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:06 am

indy23 wrote:Relax cheeko it's 1 win

We should try to celebrate when we win and not just lean into the negativity when we lose or drop points.

It's not just the win, it's the performances. The players look committed.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby VCC » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:20 am

Hopefully can bring the fanbase together, the devision created by the last two is tiring freddie excluded of course.
So yes let's celebrate be good to celebrate the new decade positively
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:46 am

Power n Glory wrote:Unai Emery is a bum. Those that were trying to defend his record for months, saying he hasn't got the players, forced to play a certain or couldn't play a certain way....sit down. I don't care what he did against Utd last season, the guy is a flop. It would have been a massive mistake to allow him to continue with whatever he was trying to do. This was relegation form and one of the worst runs in Arsenal history.

Unai is done at this level and won't find another top job for a while. He almost ruined us and we're still having to deal with the fall out with players looking for the exit

It's early but Arteta finding a way to fix this mess with this being his first job is amazing. I thought this would be too big for him but so far he is pulling it off. Hats off to him because the fixture pile up and injury pile up has been a test of fire.

All this based on one win?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:37 am

Ach wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Unai Emery is a bum. Those that were trying to defend his record for months, saying he hasn't got the players, forced to play a certain or couldn't play a certain way....sit down. I don't care what he did against Utd last season, the guy is a flop. It would have been a massive mistake to allow him to continue with whatever he was trying to do. This was relegation form and one of the worst runs in Arsenal history.

All this based on one win?

Unai Emery has been a bum from the get go. He was rubbish and it would have been a massive mistake to give him any more time. You haven't been watching the games so you wouldn't know what anyone here is talking about when assessing the performances. We never looked close to being this organised and aggressive off the ball under Emery.

This is my assessment after 3 games of watching Arteta and no I didn't say the job was done. But so far, he's getting a response from the players and pulling them together to work as a team in a difficult period. Re-read my post and think before typing because your response sounds as if I just said he was the best manager ever.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:29 am

AFC resembled a decent side for the first time in months... huge difference. clean sheet? wtf is a clean sheet?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:34 am

Good win yesterday, played quite well and got the 3 points. Need to keep going with this but always good to win against Man U. Hopefully this helps get rid of Xhaka quicker as well.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20