29/12/19 | Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea | Premier League

Re: 29/12/19 | Arsenal vs Chelsea | Premier League

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:18 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Midfield is one area badly needing top class players to support Ozil. We have a groupd of players not good enough or at the youth team, reserve level still trying to learn.

FBs are another big concern. Saka - no, Tierney - no (on evidence so far he's our worst defensive FB), Bellerin - NO NO NO, AMN - no, Kolasinac - no,
We have no good FB's

Central Defence - not going to list them - NONE of them are good enough.

Wingers - we have no good wingers.

"top class players to support Ozil" we've spent 500m trying to support Ozil he still only turns up three or four times a year ... we need him gone.

What we need is a defensive midfield player who can play alongside Guendouzi and Torreira neither of whom are bad players but when playing against three attacking opposition players, and having no help at all today from Ozil and Nelson, are always going to get beaten ... fix that problem and you take a huge amount of pressure off the defence ...

The whole set up is ridiculously top heavy Auba - Laca - Ozil - Nelson that's four players who today wouldn't or couldn't defend you simply can't carry four players against even an average EPL side, let alone a decent one. Auba stuck it in the net, but apart from party tricks what did the other three bring today?

Back to basics 4-3-3-1 if that means replacing two from Laca - Ozil - Auba with midfield players who are capable of defending then get it done. All teams now know that they can overload our defensive midfield, our games will not get any easier. Off course we don't have those players in the squad - Xhaka but he's seemingly going - so that means two >50m signings ... and that still leaves us with poor defenders, but first thing first the midfield is where games are won and lost ours is shite.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 29/12/19 | Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea | Premier League

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:27 pm

We were comfortable until Leno's mistake, not sure how anyone can say otherwise.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:32 pm

I can’t believe Mustafi didn’t just foul Tammy on the half way line

It’s all he had to do
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:50 pm

theHotHead wrote:We were comfortable until Leno's mistake, not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

Chelsea had chances before that, Abraham headed straight at Leno when he should have scored, Chelsea were dominating us at that point and a goal was inevitable if you continue to play like that, for me tactics needed changing before that, yes it was a mistake but if you allow yourself to be dominated then the chances are they could be an error eventually.

You don't see this happening to Liverpool, because they dictate they aren't dictated to.

I genuinely fear for us now, we're getting close to being in a relegation fight, can barely win a game and have a manager with no experience in charge, that kind of situation is not the situation you want to be in with someone with no experience. Sadly you can't trust this club to ever make the right decision.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:57 pm

Özim wrote:
theHotHead wrote:We were comfortable until Leno's mistake, not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

Chelsea had chances before that, Abraham headed straight at Leno when he should have scored, Chelsea were dominating us at that point and a goal was inevitable if you continue to play like that, for me tactics needed changing before that, yes it was a mistake but if you allow yourself to be dominated then the chances are they could be an error eventually.

You don't see this happening to Liverpool, because they dictate they aren't dictated to.

and VAR belongs to Liverpool as well ... just ask Wolves fans
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 29/12/19 | Arsenal vs Chelsea | Premier League

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:59 pm

Nejch wrote:
Santi wrote:
Nejch wrote:
Santi wrote:
Nejch wrote:Everything about this club is rotten. Not even Klopp or Simeone can single handedly solve this. We need to throw the Kroenkes and their cronies out and start anew.

What? We just made chelsea look so shit they made a sub at 32 mins and lost because a guy was wrongly allowed to stay on and obviously scored.

Way to cherry pick things that are convenient to make your argument.
As if the rest of the match didn't happen. The loser mentality after their sub, the absolute horrid defending leading to our goals, our subs (or lack thereof), Ozil disappearing in the second half.

We've shown promise but all of the problems remain.

Lol I named the two most significant moments in the game. They were so bad they had to make an early sub and if the ref does his job we are 1-0 up vs 10 men with 20 mins left. Like we don’t win.

Good to see you blame ozil as usual for nothing.

So yeah, you just expect me to accept your speculation as fact. As if they weren't all over us and would probably remain so even with 10. Jorginho should have been off but you're presenting this as the sole factor in us losing and conveniently ignoring everything else.

Also, don't put words in my mouth, I never blamed Ozil for anything. It is true though that he only seems to be performing when we're comfortable, yet when shit hits the fan he disappears. So much for our most talented, best paid, star player. He's an absolute loser with a shit attitude and should be sold. That's a fact, and no amount of sycophancy from his personal fan club here will change that.

Lol so not only having their main ball retention player sent off but THE GUY WHO SCORED THEIR FIRST GOAL, wouldn’t have made a difference to the result and it’s pure speculation.

Dear god.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:59 pm

Pros
- better organization than we’ve seen in a long time
- good performance from some young players like Niles, Saka and Nelson. Better performances from the likes of Luiz and Mustafi

Cons
- knackered too early
- Inability to control the game and hold the ball
- didn’t take our chances - Laca and Willock
- Laca, Guendozi were very very poor. Makes me shudder at the idea of losing Auba
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:15 pm

I was really pleased at how we were defending before Leno's howler.
We fell apart after that.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby coolaa » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:27 am

I think our problem is lacking players who are physical, with speed and good stamina in midfield. Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi are all way too slow. With our limited budget, think it was a big mistake to sell Iwobi, otherwise he would have the attributes to play a CM or DM for us, or at least he is better than what we currently have. We need to get real that the club have no money to spend on top players, if that's the case, you can only spend wisely, some positions you only need good athletes instead of skillful players, like defensive players.
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:09 am

Luiz' best game since I don't remember when.
Ozil's best game since I don't remember when.
Torreira's best game since I don't remember when.
Maitland-Niles best game since I don't remember when.
Best defensive performance since I don't remember when.
Yes, we lost, but I like this game.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:31 am

Fran Solo wrote:Luiz' best game since I don't remember when.

Chelsea just lost at home too Southampton having managed only 10 shots on goal - with half our players having "best game since I don't remember when" we still allowed them 13 shots whilst only managing 7 ourselves ... so thank f**k we didn't play badly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not about individuals it's about the team and tactics, we were comprehensively outplayed once Chelsea adjusted their formation ... our midfield once again had zero shots on goal ... feck the only player with more than one attempt was Luiz ...

If you liked this game then be prepared for a serious relegation battle ... every team from bottom to top knows how to beat us ... if when half our players have the "best game since I don't remember when" and we still lose ... we're in deep shit.

best game since I don't remember when - try last week

Ozil v Chelsea - 32 passes 84% - 2 KP's - zero shots
Ozil v B'mouth - 42 passes 86% - 4 KP's - one shot (and we still didn't win)
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:50 am

Why are we not in better physical condition? We were shattered by the 70th min. That’s a very bad sign. The reason Chelsea dominated the second half is because we couldn’t get to the ball first and when we had possession we were easily knocked off it. This is concerning. What the hell has emery been doing with the teams conditioning the last 18 months.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:03 am

Let's hope the next decade will see improvement and end in a better situation
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:16 am

swipe right wrote:Why are we not in better physical condition? We were shattered by the 70th min. That’s a very bad sign. The reason Chelsea dominated the second half is because we couldn’t get to the ball first and when we had possession we were easily knocked off it. This is concerning. What the hell has emery been doing with the teams conditioning the last 18 months.

Wow - agenda much .... the fact is with four players Ozil - Auba - Laca and Nelson adding ZERO to our defence the other six outfield players have to work twice as hard .... compare the pressing, marking, tackling back our attacking players do with Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester or City ... right there is the problem and it has been for five years.

Blame Emery? you might as well blame the tea lady it's about as relevant .... in terms of yards covered we rank 6th, the real problem is most of that is done chasing the ball ... our problems have feck all to do with fitness and running around just simple lack of quality and a weird reluctance to shoot ... headless running about is one of the few things we do comparatively well.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:45 am

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:Why are we not in better physical condition? We were shattered by the 70th min. That’s a very bad sign. The reason Chelsea dominated the second half is because we couldn’t get to the ball first and when we had possession we were easily knocked off it. This is concerning. What the hell has emery been doing with the teams conditioning the last 18 months.

Wow - agenda much .... the fact is with four players Ozil - Auba - Laca and Nelson adding ZERO to our defence the other six outfield players have to work twice as hard .... compare the pressing, marking, tackling back our attacking players do with Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester or City ... right there is the problem and it has been for five years.

Blame Emery? you might as well blame the tea lady it's about as relevant .... in terms of yards covered we rank 6th, the real problem is most of that is done chasing the ball ... our problems have feck all to do with fitness and running around just simple lack of quality and a weird reluctance to shoot ... headless running about is one of the few things we do comparatively well.
EliteKiller wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:Luiz' best game since I don't remember when.

Chelsea just lost at home too Southampton having managed only 10 shots on goal - with half our players having "best game since I don't remember when" we still allowed them 13 shots whilst only managing 7 ourselves ... so thank f**k we didn't play badly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not about individuals it's about the team and tactics, we were comprehensively outplayed once Chelsea adjusted their formation ... our midfield once again had zero shots on goal ... feck the only player with more than one attempt was Luiz ...

If you liked this game then be prepared for a serious relegation battle ... every team from bottom to top knows how to beat us ... if when half our players have the "best game since I don't remember when" and we still lose ... we're in deep shit.

best game since I don't remember when - try last week

Ozil v Chelsea - 32 passes 84% - 2 KP's - zero shots
Ozil v B'mouth - 42 passes 86% - 4 KP's - one shot (and we still didn't win)

It doesn't mean that I like every aspects such as losing the game in the dying seconds or the defensive lapse etc. It also doesn't mean that I was satisfied with this.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20