29/12/19 | Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea | Premier League

Re: 29/12/19 | Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea | Premier League

Postby indy23 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:17 pm

It's like when frank made a sub and went to back 4 and added a midfielder we lost. They had 3 competent midfielders on pitch and having competent cms always Trump's arsenals current trash excuse of a midfield. Absolutely naive by this board to go in with this current crop. Purely naive. w***er team.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:19 pm

Good first half but sadly there is two halves to a game, not really surprised disappointed but not surprised.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:19 pm

And there goes 2010-19...
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:20 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Aubameyang put in a shift. Torriera was great. Luiz had a good game. AMN was really good. Nelson too.

They all put in a good shift, but the players simply are not good enough.
That's the reality. We've known this for some time.
AMN and Nelson are two examples of players that will never make it in the PL. They will be lower league players inside 2 years.
Luiz is wasteful.
Torreira has a role but only as a water carrier. Just win it and get rid of it.
Auba was the only player you mentioned that had both the work rate and the talent combined on show.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nejch » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:20 pm

We desperately need reinforcements in midfield. Desperately, even more so than in defense.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:20 pm

I would buy 2 cm this window. And we should be more balanced.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: 29/12/19 | Arsenal vs Chelsea | Premier League

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:20 pm

Nejch wrote:
Santi wrote:
Nejch wrote:Everything about this club is rotten. Not even Klopp or Simeone can single handedly solve this. We need to throw the Kroenkes and their cronies out and start anew.

What? We just made chelsea look so shit they made a sub at 32 mins and lost because a guy was wrongly allowed to stay on and obviously scored.

Way to cherry pick things that are convenient to make your argument.
As if the rest of the match didn't happen. The loser mentality after their sub, the absolute horrid defending leading to our goals, our subs (or lack thereof), Ozil disappearing in the second half.

We've shown promise but all of the problems remain.

Lol I named the two most significant moments in the game. They were so bad they had to make an early sub and if the ref does his job we are 1-0 up vs 10 men with 20 mins left. Like we don’t win.

Good to see you blame ozil as usual for nothing.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:26 pm

We sat off them for too long. Didn't make most of our counter attacking moments. Subs should have been made earlier and Lacazette would have been the one to make way for Pepe for me. Willock for Guendouzi maybe....

They were pushing on to us attack after attack. We defended well but you just knew we'd concede.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Nejch » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:26 pm

Santi wrote:
Nejch wrote:
Santi wrote:
Nejch wrote:Everything about this club is rotten. Not even Klopp or Simeone can single handedly solve this. We need to throw the Kroenkes and their cronies out and start anew.

What? We just made chelsea look so shit they made a sub at 32 mins and lost because a guy was wrongly allowed to stay on and obviously scored.

Way to cherry pick things that are convenient to make your argument.
As if the rest of the match didn't happen. The loser mentality after their sub, the absolute horrid defending leading to our goals, our subs (or lack thereof), Ozil disappearing in the second half.

We've shown promise but all of the problems remain.

Lol I named the two most significant moments in the game. They were so bad they had to make an early sub and if the ref does his job we are 1-0 up vs 10 men with 20 mins left. Like we don’t win.

Good to see you blame ozil as usual for nothing.

So yeah, you just expect me to accept your speculation as fact. As if they weren't all over us and would probably remain so even with 10. Jorginho should have been off but you're presenting this as the sole factor in us losing and conveniently ignoring everything else.

Also, don't put words in my mouth, I never blamed Ozil for anything. It is true though that he only seems to be performing when we're comfortable, yet when shit hits the fan he disappears. So much for our most talented, best paid, star player. He's an absolute loser with a shit attitude and should be sold. That's a fact, and no amount of sycophancy from his personal fan club here will change that.
Last edited by Nejch on Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

29/12/19 | Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea | Premier League

Postby Wenger's Coat » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:26 pm

The final score does not trouble me as much as the above.
Wenger's Coat
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Utter shambles - the massive hole behind the front four was so obvious even a rookie like Lampard could see it - in fact if he had half a brain when he saw the Arsenal team sheet he should have changed his formation ... putting on the extra man to play in that huge space immediately cut our possession in half ... with Ozil denied space he was back to being a peripheral player, that meant our other front three saw almost bugger all decent possession from then on.

How Arteta thought that would work after Chelsea did exactly the same thing against Spurs just two weeks ago only he knows ...sure it took a Leno feck up but we were getting played off the park by then ... 42% possession at home, that's just unacceptable.

Chelsea can't break down a double bank of defenders - B'mouth and Southampton proved that - so play two banks of four and two up top not 4-2-3-1 ... Spurs did exactly that and lost, we just repeated that trick ... piss poor management? or a piss poor squad? probably a bit off both.

Arteta may have got them putting in a bit more effort, five yellows shows that, problem is we simply lack quality ...

Has to be said we missed Xhaka (errors and all) ... his replacement needs to be here early January or nothing much will change
Last edited by EliteKiller on Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nejch » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:34 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Utter shambles - the massive hole behind the front four was so obvious even a rookie like Lampard could see it - in fact if he had half a brain when he saw the Arsenal team sheet he should have changed his formation ... putting on the extra man to play in that huge space immediately cut our possession in half ... with Ozil denied space he was back to being a peripheral player, that meant our other front three saw almost bugger all decent possession from then on.

How Arteta thought that would work after Chelsea did exactly the same thing against Spurs just two weeks ago only he knows ...sure it took a Leno feck up but we were getting played off the park by then ... 42% possession at home, that's just unacceptable.

Chelsea can't break down a double bank of defenders - B'mouth and Southampton proved that - so play two banks of four and two up top not 4-2-3-2 ... Spurs did exactly that and lost, we just repeated that trick ... piss poor management? or a piss poor squad? probably a bit off both.

Arteta may have got them putting in a bit more effort, five yellows shows that, problem is we simply lack quality ...

Has to be said we missed Xhaka (errors and all) ... his replacement needs to be here early January or nothing much will change

Great assessment
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:43 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:
Holdini wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:
Holdini wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:I feel sick.

hahaha how's that attacking manager of yours coming along? :rofll:

How are you even delighting in this? What kind of mentality is that as a supporter?

not taking satisfaction out of this, just laughing cause you lot never learn and the abuse some of us get on here for suggesting arteta isn't the right man due to the fact he has ZERO managerial experience is ridiculous :)

You blaming this result on the manager then? One, Fooled by randomness (No manager can control for Leno and Mustafi's brainfarts without a transfer window). Two, you are unbelievably smug and wumming a whole board after a loss. Sad place to be mentally brethren.

My own criticism of Arteta (with perfect hindsight) is that the changes should've come earlier particularly with Laca. We played well, just look back over the previous pages. Anyways peace, hope you enjoy your evening wallowing in our loss.

That goal was coming, Chelsea dominated as soon as they switched to 4-2-3-1, infact if Lampard wasn't such a rookie manager himself and started like that in a 4-2-3-1 Chelsea would had won this game with ease so my concerns continue.

That 1st goal wasn't just Leno's mistake, Torreria got muscled over way too easily so Jorginho was free to score.

I can get behind Arteta and i back him but i expect nothing, Duncan Ferguson managed to beat Chelsea from counter attacking and hard work. We tried to outplay Chelsea and it worked for about 35 due to their horrible shape but we had no answer whatsoever when they mirrored what we did.

We are still in serious trouble! We need signings.

We need at least 15 new players. That has been the case for a long time.
We have 3 or maybe 4 first team players good enough at this level.
I liked the work rate today, but this was our BEST level with the players we have.

Yes, Arteta's job will be defined on the signings in January. The midfield is the biggest issue that needs sorting.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rastayouth » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:44 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:
Holdini wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:
Holdini wrote:

How are you even delighting in this? What kind of mentality is that as a supporter?

not taking satisfaction out of this, just laughing cause you lot never learn and the abuse some of us get on here for suggesting arteta isn't the right man due to the fact he has ZERO managerial experience is ridiculous :)

You blaming this result on the manager then? One, Fooled by randomness (No manager can control for Leno and Mustafi's brainfarts without a transfer window). Two, you are unbelievably smug and wumming a whole board after a loss. Sad place to be mentally brethren.

My own criticism of Arteta (with perfect hindsight) is that the changes should've come earlier particularly with Laca. We played well, just look back over the previous pages. Anyways peace, hope you enjoy your evening wallowing in our loss.

That goal was coming, Chelsea dominated as soon as they switched to 4-2-3-1, infact if Lampard wasn't such a rookie manager himself and started like that in a 4-2-3-1 Chelsea would had won this game with ease so my concerns continue.

That 1st goal wasn't just Leno's mistake, Torreria got muscled over way too easily so Jorginho was free to score.

I can get behind Arteta and i back him but i expect nothing, Duncan Ferguson managed to beat Chelsea from counter attacking and hard work. We tried to outplay Chelsea and it worked for about 35 due to their horrible shape but we had no answer whatsoever when they mirrored what we did.

Fair point re Torreira. And re singings, agreed rasta.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:52 pm

elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:
Holdini wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:
Holdini wrote:

We need at least 15 new players. That has been the case for a long time.
We have 3 or maybe 4 first team players good enough at this level.
I liked the work rate today, but this was our BEST level with the players we have.

Yes, Arteta's job will be defined on the signings in January. The midfield is the biggest issue that needs sorting.

Midfield is one area badly needing top class players to support Ozil. We have a groupd of players not good enough or at the youth team, reserve level still trying to learn.

FBs are another big concern. Saka - no, Tierney - no (on evidence so far he's our worst defensive FB), Bellerin - NO NO NO, AMN - no, Kolasinac - no,
We have no good FB's

Central Defence - not going to list them - NONE of them are good enough.

Wingers - we have no good wingers.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20