Re: 05/12/19 | Arsenal vs Brighton | Premier League

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:22 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:I wonder if we keep being horrific and it puts pressure on Kronke to sell?

I wouldn't mind it.

At this stage, what does Kroenke have to answer for? I would of said the exact same 4-6 years ago, but now? They sacked Wenger, they hired a decent option, didn't work out so sacked him. Invested heavily in players these past few years, on the recommendations of others....

Blaming the wrong people there I feel

They need to hire a credible manager.

Not going to solve anything.
The squad has to be turned over and quickly and we just have to accept that we're not going to challenge for 5-10 years.
The club has been destroyed from top to bottom.

It doesn't change the fact that we need to hire a credible manager. Before Christmas and before the January transfers so he has some say in who he brings in.

Absolutely spot on, the longer we take the worse it will be, we need some decent in to start changing things and prepare for next season and give us an outside hope of winning the EL, if this carries on I really fear for us.

No. We need to now focus on staying in the PL.

That's part and parcel of what a new manager will bring, new ideas, motivation and if we get someone decent a bit of belief, also hopefully he'll ditch the deadwood and play the players in their natural positions.

I'm afraid this is what happens when you wait too long, we waited way too long to get rid of Wenger, Gaziids left of his own accord when he should have been sacked years ago, Emery should have lost his job in the summer and we should have had a new manager lined up when he was sacked (a la Spurs). This club has always been too slow at doing anything, probably because the owners don't give a damn, they might now as they watch their investment drop in value in front of their eyes.

We're paying the price for years of neglect, it was always going to come sometime, fans were too patient to be honest.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Bye auba
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Holdini » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Brighton's away PL record v 'Big 6' clubs since promotion:
LLLLLLLLLLLDLLLLW

All 4 points gained in those 17 games have come at Arsenal.

:rofll:
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Jase89 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Holdini wrote:Brighton's away PL record v 'Big 6' clubs since promotion:
LLLLLLLLLLLDLLLLW

Disgusting stats
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Rastayouth wrote:
Özim wrote:
Manoban wrote:feel bad for freddy

our players are letting him down

He picked another horrendous team, I mean Xhaka, Kolasinac....reallly?

It's on him, if he picked the right team he'd be fine, but his shocking lineups are really putting him in the line of fire.

Kola was one of our better players

Let's be honest though, the guy can neither defend nor cross, so what use is he. We need defenders who can defend for a start, Tierney is a better defender and crosser and should have started.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Losmeister » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:24 pm

Holdini wrote:Brighton's away PL record v 'Big 6' clubs since promotion:
LLLLLLLLLLLDLLLLW

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:27 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:I wonder if we keep being horrific and it puts pressure on Kronke to sell?

I wouldn't mind it.

At this stage, what does Kroenke have to answer for? I would of said the exact same 4-6 years ago, but now? They sacked Wenger, they hired a decent option, didn't work out so sacked him. Invested heavily in players these past few years, on the recommendations of others....

The squad has to be turned over and quickly and we just have to accept that we're not going to challenge for 5-10 years.

It doesn't change the fact that we need to hire a credible manager. Before Christmas and before the January transfers so he has some say in who he brings in.

Absolutely spot on, the longer we take the worse it will be, we need some decent in to start changing things and prepare for next season and give us an outside hope of winning the EL, if this carries on I really fear for us.

We're paying the price for years of neglect, it was always going to come sometime, fans were too patient to be honest.

Yup, Wenger should have left the club 10 years ago.
The 8 years too long that he had means it will be a long long time before the club can be restored - if ever.
I think in 2yrs time we'll get to the longest gap in our history between top level titles.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Losmeister » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:27 pm

Arenal Football Club is THAT way!!!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jase89 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:30 pm

Losmeister wrote:Image

Arenal Football Club is THAT way!!!

Get to f**k with that roaster
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:30 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:

I wouldn't mind it.

Yup, Wenger should have left the club 10 years ago.
The 8 years too long that he had means it will be a long long time before the club can be restored - if ever.
I think in 2yrs time we'll get to the longest gap in our history between top level titles.

Yup absolutely, he got far too much time, settling for being also rans, signing average players and telling everyone he was right despite his team getting hammered several times a season, he also gave the players far too easy a ride. Had we changed manager a while back things would be very different now.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby StockGooner » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:34 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:

I wouldn't mind it.

Agreed, they do. I think they did with Emery. At the time, he was a 3 time Europa League winner and a (Albeit a given) Ligue 1 winner. It didn't work out and he was gone.

I would say the only weakness is that we didn't do a Tottenham and sack our manager and have a credible manager lined up within hours. However, the Tottenham situation was brewing since last year. Our situation got VERY bad, VERY quick which I think is why we haven;t done it. Just got to hope they do hire someone credible

The Europa League isn't a good competition and Emery is a poor manager. It's all there in his track record.

But the Europa League is better than where we are right now, is it not? 5 points above a relegation zone. I agree Emery was not up to the job, but if you looked at his appointment objectively, it was not terrible based on his record. Now, looking at his weak management we can say it was for definite. Yes there was rumours of it with Neymar, but Neymar is the epitome of a diva.

I'm just saying, let's focus the blame and not continue to look at the owners who have by all accounts done all that has been asked in recent years
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Rastayouth » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:37 pm

Özim wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:
Özim wrote:
Manoban wrote:feel bad for freddy

our players are letting him down

He picked another horrendous team, I mean Xhaka, Kolasinac....reallly?

It's on him, if he picked the right team he'd be fine, but his shocking lineups are really putting him in the line of fire.

Kola was one of our better players

Let's be honest though, the guy can neither defend nor cross, so what use is he. We need defenders who can defend for a start, Tierney is a better defender and crosser and should have started.

Agreed, Tierney looks better but given Kola's performance I'm not gonna use that to bash Freddie. Given the amount of time he's had to implement his ideas, I reserve my judgement on him for now. The players have looked just as lost as they did under Emery except for immediately after HT as if they've been reminded what to do.
I like that he's reintroduced Pepe and Ozil who look better and I like that he's willing to make early subs.
Frustrated like the rest of you guys but, as opposed to Spuds who downed tools for a good manager and started playing after a switch, our guys are just genuinely rudderless out there. I just accept I'm probably gonna have to stomach a few more embarrassments before we have a hope of turning things around.
I highly doubt whoever we bring in could get these guys playing correctly in a few weeks.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:38 pm

StockGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:

I wouldn't mind it.

Agreed, they do. I think they did with Emery. At the time, he was a 3 time Europa League winner and a (Albeit a given) Ligue 1 winner. It didn't work out and he was gone.

I would say the only weakness is that we didn't do a Tottenham and sack our manager and have a credible manager lined up within hours. However, the Tottenham situation was brewing since last year. Our situation got VERY bad, VERY quick which I think is why we haven;t done it. Just got to hope they do hire someone credible

The Europa League isn't a good competition and Emery is a poor manager. It's all there in his track record.

But the Europa League is better than where we are right now, is it not? 5 points above a relegation zone. I agree Emery was not up to the job, but if you looked at his appointment objectively, it was not terrible based on his record. Now, looking at his weak management we can say it was for definite. Yes there was rumours of it with Neymar, but Neymar is the epitome of a diva.

I'm just saying, let's focus the blame and not continue to look at the owners who have by all accounts done all that has been asked in recent years

It was terrible appointment because if they would have looked closely they would have seen he has a poor away from home record, a poor defensive record, a poor record against big clubs and top managers. His footballing philosophy is non existent and he has a history of falling out with top players.

It's ok to make a mistake on the first appointment. But it's a huge mistake to completely downgrade and pick someone completely out of their depth.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:39 pm

Jase89 wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
aniym wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
immsun wrote:This ones on Freddie

Pussy lineup and poor tactics

Wheres the midfield?

Wake up!

There is no midfield! We have shit players! This is the reality!

But Ozil is back and playing 90 minutes. He's our only WC player!!!

1 assist in 8 Premier League games! True World class numbers, i must say.

Mind you that assist was a corner where it was all on Lacazette showing his actual world elite level striker instincts!

Literally all he does is pass, lost the ball constantly today even when passing. Truly pathetic.

What did Laca do apart from score a fluke header? None of them played well today, apart from Kola and Leno. I don’t think kola should start over Tierney but he did well today imo

Without Auba's and Laca's goals not just in this game but all season we would be bottom.

With Ozil in the team he's made absolutely no difference whatsoever compared to when he wasn't in the team.

One of the biggest reasons on the pitch we are such a laughing stock is because of Ozil.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Wenger's ghost » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:39 pm

The shittyest teams in the league are making us look stupid? The only way out is to get a proper manager in and throw millions at it, they said the titanic was unsincable yet it went down, well so are we
Wenger's ghost
Patrick Vieira

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20