Jase89 wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
aniym wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
immsun wrote:This ones on Freddie

Pussy lineup and poor tactics

Wheres the midfield?

Wake up!

There is no midfield! We have shit players! This is the reality!

But Ozil is back and playing 90 minutes. He's our only WC player!!!

1 assist in 8 Premier League games! True World class numbers, i must say.

Mind you that assist was a corner where it was all on Lacazette showing his actual world elite level striker instincts!

Literally all he does is pass, lost the ball constantly today even when passing. Truly pathetic.

What did Laca do apart from score a fluke header? None of them played well today, apart from Kola and Leno. I don’t think kola should start over Tierney but he did well today imo

Without Auba's and Laca's goals not just in this game but all season we would be bottom.

With Ozil in the team he's made absolutely no difference whatsoever compared to when he wasn't in the team.

One of the biggest reasons on the pitch we are such a laughing stock is because of Ozil.

Makes no sense.
You said we're no different with him or without him.
If you actually do think that our current position is due to Ozil then the only laughing stock is you.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Re: 05/12/19 | Arsenal vs Brighton | Premier League

Postby StockGooner » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:45 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:I wonder if we keep being horrific and it puts pressure on Kronke to sell?

I wouldn't mind it.

At this stage, what does Kroenke have to answer for? I would of said the exact same 4-6 years ago, but now? They sacked Wenger, they hired a decent option, didn't work out so sacked him. Invested heavily in players these past few years, on the recommendations of others....

Blaming the wrong people there I feel

They need to hire a credible manager.

Agreed, they do. I think they did with Emery. At the time, he was a 3 time Europa League winner and a (Albeit a given) Ligue 1 winner. It didn't work out and he was gone.

I would say the only weakness is that we didn't do a Tottenham and sack our manager and have a credible manager lined up within hours. However, the Tottenham situation was brewing since last year. Our situation got VERY bad, VERY quick which I think is why we haven;t done it. Just got to hope they do hire someone credible

The Europa League isn't a good competition and Emery is a poor manager. It's all there in his track record.

But the Europa League is better than where we are right now, is it not? 5 points above a relegation zone. I agree Emery was not up to the job, but if you looked at his appointment objectively, it was not terrible based on his record. Now, looking at his weak management we can say it was for definite. Yes there was rumours of it with Neymar, but Neymar is the epitome of a diva.

I'm just saying, let's focus the blame and not continue to look at the owners who have by all accounts done all that has been asked in recent years

It was terrible appointment because if they would have looked closely they would have seen he has a poor away from home record, a poor defensive record, a poor record against big clubs and top managers. His footballing philosophy is non existent and he has a history of falling out with top players.

It's ok to make a mistake on the first appointment. But it's a huge mistake to completely downgrade and pick someone completely out of their depth.

Fair play, you're probably right in that with the resources they have they should be looking at and questioining those things, and tbh my knowledge isn't that much before he came to us past the headlines he had.

And I complete;y agree on the Freddie appointment, I just feel they had to sack and get him in as the club with Emery was almost too toxic and they feel this is better. Not to the fans clearly as two terrible games is all we see
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:50 pm

StockGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StockGooner wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:I wonder if we keep being horrific and it puts pressure on Kronke to sell?

I wouldn't mind it.

At this stage, what does Kroenke have to answer for? I would of said the exact same 4-6 years ago, but now? They sacked Wenger, they hired a decent option, didn't work out so sacked him. Invested heavily in players these past few years, on the recommendations of others....

Blaming the wrong people there I feel

They need to hire a credible manager.

Agreed, they do. I think they did with Emery. At the time, he was a 3 time Europa League winner and a (Albeit a given) Ligue 1 winner. It didn't work out and he was gone.

I would say the only weakness is that we didn't do a Tottenham and sack our manager and have a credible manager lined up within hours. However, the Tottenham situation was brewing since last year. Our situation got VERY bad, VERY quick which I think is why we haven;t done it. Just got to hope they do hire someone credible

The Europa League isn't a good competition and Emery is a poor manager. It's all there in his track record.

But the Europa League is better than where we are right now, is it not? 5 points above a relegation zone. I agree Emery was not up to the job, but if you looked at his appointment objectively, it was not terrible based on his record. Now, looking at his weak management we can say it was for definite. Yes there was rumours of it with Neymar, but Neymar is the epitome of a diva.

I'm just saying, let's focus the blame and not continue to look at the owners who have by all accounts done all that has been asked in recent years

It was terrible appointment because if they would have looked closely they would have seen he has a poor away from home record, a poor defensive record, a poor record against big clubs and top managers. His footballing philosophy is non existent and he has a history of falling out with top players.

It's ok to make a mistake on the first appointment. But it's a huge mistake to completely downgrade and pick someone completely out of their depth.

Fair play, you're probably right in that with the resources they have they should be looking at and questioining those things, and tbh my knowledge isn't that much before he came to us past the headlines he had.

And I complete;y agree on the Freddie appointment, I just feel they had to sack and get him in as the club with Emery was almost too toxic and they feel this is better. Not to the fans clearly as two terrible games is all we see

Agree with having little choice but to sack Emery. But Freddie isn't going to get us out of this mess. It's getting worse and if the Board want to rescue this situation, they have to appoint someone to bring the team together. No gimmicks and forget this Arsenal DNA rubbish.

On paper, Emery looks like a good appointment but when you dig deep into his records, they overlooked a lot of flaws. That's on the Board.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Wenger's ghost » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:50 pm

And people blaming ozil for this? Our defence is a shower of shit its not his fault? He was played out of position for the first half which anyone could see was a massive mistake by Freddie, pepe should have started too , I don't even blame Freddie too much , he's not a manager and been thrown into this nightmare on emirates street
Wenger's ghost
Patrick Vieira

Postby StockGooner » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:52 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Agree with having little choice but to sack Emery. But Freddie isn't going to get us out of this mess. It's getting worse and if the Board want to rescue this situation, they have to appoint someone to bring the team together. No gimmicks and forget this Arsenal DNA rubbish.

On paper, Emery looks like a good appointment but when you dig deep into his records, they overlooked a lot of flaws. That's on the Board.

No, totally agree. If it drags on I'll question them and why they made the decision to sack and not actively replace. Imo, not just yet, but suppose people with more knowledge of previous track records will have that question now.

If it was on me, I'd be looking for a big name, but I can't think of who would come to us. In my naivety I'd plump for Rafa Benitez as much as I hate to say it.
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Wenger's ghost » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:58 pm

Fk Rafa benitez we need the excorcist Sam allardyce we need to stop the bleeding and stay up, then sack him and carry on building again
Wenger's ghost
Patrick Vieira

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:00 pm

StockGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Agree with having little choice but to sack Emery. But Freddie isn't going to get us out of this mess. It's getting worse and if the Board want to rescue this situation, they have to appoint someone to bring the team together. No gimmicks and forget this Arsenal DNA rubbish.

No, totally agree. If it drags on I'll question them and why they made the decision to sack and not actively replace. Imo, not just yet, but suppose people with more knowledge of previous track records will have that question now.

If it was on me, I'd be looking for a big name, but I can't think of who would come to us. In my naivety I'd plump for Rafa Benitez as much as I hate to say it.

Yep. A first time manager isn't going to get the job done.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Fenice » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:04 pm

StockGooner wrote:

The problem is they should have had a name. Last season was bad. This season is progressively worse. But, they had no backup plan should they need to sack Emery. They were planning on riding him into next season at the very least, and that speaks to every problem this club currently has.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:16 pm

Played off the pitch by a team that's bottom half at very best ... allowing 20 shots 9 on target at home .... that's a joke, blame the manager all you want but the rot started five years ago when we decided proper contracts were no longer a thing - result ageing, overpaid, under-performing players we can't shift - no manager can work with that and hope to succeed.

Brighton's away PL record v 'Big 6' clubs since promotion:
LLLLLLLLLLLDLLLLW

Has anyone not noticed, we are no longer a 'big 4' club, now it's 'big 6' and frankly that's a stretch for this team
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:20 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Played off the pitch by a team that's bottom half at very best ... allowing 20 shots 9 on target at home .... that's a joke, blame the manager all you want but the rot started five years ago when we decided proper contracts were no longer a thing - result ageing, overpaid, under-performing players we can't shift - no manager can work with that and hope to succeed.

Brighton's away PL record v 'Big 6' clubs since promotion:
LLLLLLLLLLLDLLLLW

Has anyone not noticed, we are no longer a 'big 4' club, now it's 'big 6' and frankly that's a stretch for this team

Right now we're not a big 6 side either. The collapse is accelerating.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:02 am

Is their a sale on managers yet ?
Has to be cheap but also need a 30% discount
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby indy23 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:47 am

I'm angry but very scared. We maybe in relegation fight soon. Pussy team in a relegation fight. Kse board years of sucking dick and now it's all gonna hit us at once. Good job assembling these losers
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20