23/11/19 | Arsenal 2-2 Southampton | Premier League

Re: 23/11/19 | Arsenal vs Southampton | Premier League

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:23 pm

Surely not even Arsenal could be stupid enough to keep Emery for another game. It's become and even greater embarrassment than having Wenger in charge.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:26 pm

elkanofan wrote:
VCC wrote:Surely that draw is enough to rid emery

Nah, we would of had to lose badly to at least disturb the prawn sandwich elite.

A side that are worse than us defending, we had to come from behind twice had more possession and less shots AGAIN, a team that conceded 9 f***ing goals in one game and look like that is a likely prospect again with decent opposition
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:34 pm

If you want to see what is wrong with Arsenal in one moment, watch the penalty. On the rebound, Sokratis, Torriera, and Bellerin ALL could have cleared the parry from Leno, but they started to run, then stopped, then started again. As soon as they hesitated they lost ground to the Soton forward who had an easy tap in.

Lack of commitment, lack of basic football knowledge. Rarely are rebounds seized on by forwards after a keeper makes a save. It's not bad luck that we couldn't clear it. It's just a lack of coaching and desire. Those issues are rife throughout the team.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Southampton manager

"We thought we could win this game by four, five goals but we didn’t"

That's the SOUTHAMPTON manager talking about a game just played against Arsenal at the Emirates.

The saddest thing of all is that his statement is reasonable.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Jesus wept

One of the easiest matches of the year
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Wenger's ghost » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:38 pm

Wer'e worse at going forward than we were in the don howe days but without the good defence, dark days at the arsenal these! Emery has to go before the January window
Wenger's ghost
Patrick Vieira

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:40 pm

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ArsenalXP » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:00 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

lol at keeping his kid home on birthday to not ruin his day... that's bit harsh.. its just a game he needs to settle down.
ArsenalXP
Michael Thomas

Postby Nuggets » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:02 pm

ArsenalXP wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

lol at keeping his kid home on birthday to not ruin his day... that's bit harsh.. its just a game he needs to settle down.

The passion for the club runs deep. ;)
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby ArsenalXP » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:11 pm

Nuggets wrote:
ArsenalXP wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

The passion for the club runs deep. ;)

haha apparently so. :arsenal3: :arse flag.gif:
ArsenalXP
Michael Thomas

Postby Losmeister » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:37 pm

elkanofan wrote:Season is all on Europa League as i said before. Our league season if it wasn't over already it is defiantly now.

Bottom half of the table for sure and i say even bottom 5 at Christmas.

scrape a very lucky undeserved draw vs one of the worst teams in the league at home.

There is no hope for us unless we buy in January. Emery can go obviously but that wont change shit anyway, his failure was assembling a good enough midfield, competent enough to get top 4 and win Europa.

We need to wake the f**k up. While its clearly not working with Emery, the team is shit! Sorry just shit, no balls or creativity in attack and absolutely nothing in defence, nothing. We cannot CANNOT PRESS HIGH, THIS IS OUR PROBLEM WITH THE PLAYERS WE HAVE!!! THEY AINT GOOD ENOUGH TO DO THIS FFS!!!

All other elite teams are able to press high, they have better balanced squads than we have, we so clearly lack strength and game management quality in midfield.

That 4-2-3-1 everyone wanted, look how pathetic we are using it, not due to tactics, just shit player quality. Our two best and most effective and high quality players in Auba and Laca, one in Auba played out wide was anonymous because nobody around him is good enough to hold the ball, take risks, try vertical penetrating passes beat players, try take a shot, nothing just dire. I knew it wouldn't work and i see why Emery never uses it, but he failed to build a team to play that system effectively.

We are a crisis club now, its official. Hopefully whoever is incharge can bring home the Europa, i don't even care about the league anymore, just don't get relegated and win Europa!

slowest midfield i ever saw? prolly.
we dont even have ONE quality defender... Holding is prolly our best and he's a B level player...

it was always a possibility... that post Wenger we'd get worse... and that;s exactly what we got....

:hiding:

these are lame days
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Losmeister wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Season is all on Europa League as i said before. Our league season if it wasn't over already it is defiantly now.

Bottom half of the table for sure and i say even bottom 5 at Christmas.

scrape a very lucky undeserved draw vs one of the worst teams in the league at home.

There is no hope for us unless we buy in January. Emery can go obviously but that wont change shit anyway, his failure was assembling a good enough midfield, competent enough to get top 4 and win Europa.

We need to wake the f**k up. While its clearly not working with Emery, the team is shit! Sorry just shit, no balls or creativity in attack and absolutely nothing in defence, nothing. We cannot CANNOT PRESS HIGH, THIS IS OUR PROBLEM WITH THE PLAYERS WE HAVE!!! THEY AINT GOOD ENOUGH TO DO THIS FFS!!!

All other elite teams are able to press high, they have better balanced squads than we have, we so clearly lack strength and game management quality in midfield.

That 4-2-3-1 everyone wanted, look how pathetic we are using it, not due to tactics, just shit player quality. Our two best and most effective and high quality players in Auba and Laca, one in Auba played out wide was anonymous because nobody around him is good enough to hold the ball, take risks, try vertical penetrating passes beat players, try take a shot, nothing just dire. I knew it wouldn't work and i see why Emery never uses it, but he failed to build a team to play that system effectively.

We are a crisis club now, its official. Hopefully whoever is incharge can bring home the Europa, i don't even care about the league anymore, just don't get relegated and win Europa!

slowest midfield i ever saw? prolly.
we dont even have ONE quality defender... Holding is prolly our best and he's a B level player...

it was always a possibility... that post Wenger we'd get worse... and that;s exactly what we got....

:hiding:

these are lame days

We are in crisis. These are dark days for a broken, deluded, outdated club

We don't look like beating anybody bar maybe West ham who are a joke.

We have less than a month before bloodthirsty City come to the Emirates and we are concealing 20/25/30 shots vs relegation fodder teams AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the defence while average would be so much better with a competent midfield suitable for the premiership infront of it and a attacking mid who can actually do something and press off the ball along with work magic off it but no.

Our season relies 100% on Europa. Top 4 is already long gone.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:36 pm

this is what it looks like to watch teams burst through our midfield and attack our defensive third ..
they are red , we are white
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28146424
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:45 pm

yup, nailed it!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:11 pm

When your front three are Ozil (31) about as much heart as the Tinman, Auba (30) who can only play going forward, and Lacca (28) who looks like he would rather be anywhere than the Emirates it's a miracle we got two goals ... at least they have the quality if no longer the desire.

Behind that is a midfield that has more holes than a cheese grater, and behind that is a defence of decrepit old men Luiz (32) Sokratis (31) and two wananbee 24 year old fullbacks, you know you're f***ked before a ball is even kicked

Wenger left this club gutted, Emery if anything has made it worse ... we could have done with Jose but I guess Carlo will have to do ... can't come soon enough keep going like this and mid-table will be our level.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20