09/11/19 | Leicester City 2-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 09/11/19 | Leicester City vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby elkanofan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I literally don't understand how our offense is so sh*t, can barely get a shot off.

Lacazette, Auba, Ozil, Pepe.

Teams would die to have that sort of quality, but they can't do anything here.

You see that 4-2-3-1 everyone has been screaming for us to use. well we where using it just there when we went 2-0 down and we didn't do jack shit!

You know why?

elkanofan wrote:
In a 4-2-3-1 How the hell are we going to create chances either in possession or even on the counter with:

- Auba out wide who is poor technically out wide and can't dribble round players without just knocking it past them into space?

- Pepe who isn't good enough in open play consistently?

- Ozil who is slow on the ball and can only pass?

and don't even get me started on the lack of protection they will give the defence. The lack of awareness of our players abilities again.

Sorry what you said is not going to work vs Leicester who actually the personnel to play a balanced 4-2-3-1. We are that shit we can't. You just need to get real.

If we started with it we would of lost 5-0 instead of just 2-0. The defensive shape at least held out for 55 minutes then Ozil just died, the shape totally died up top and our average defenders eventually caved in.

We are a club which is now not even contenders for top 6!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Rockape wrote:Midfield is the creativity issue, we need runners into the box , shots etc

I agree.

That and just about everything else a football team needs to win a game.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Well disappointed but not really surprised, they played ok for a lot of the time but we couldn't find the back of the net, its like we get near their goal and run out of ideas. Emery should have at least tried to bring on more firepower but chose not too???? From what I have seen in the last few games tells me that he is not the man to take the club anywhere but down. He seems to be on self destruct????
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 pm

They had 25 shots on goal. This is becoming way too common.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Jase89 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 pm

I’ll be extremely surprised if they give emery the bullet. They will wait it out till the end of the season when his contract expires
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Emery has failed after 1.5 years to even get a style of football.

We're chopping and changing formations weekly.

The top teams have a style of play and formation, Liverpool have played 4-3-3 since Klopp arrived.

How can you perfect your game if we don't have any structure?

Emery is an overbearing tinkerer and the team look fed up and lost.

Get rid now!!!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Mowgz » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:30 pm

i feel sick to the stomach. even when we were up to 3rd i don't remember us ever playing well. often felt lucky to get points. the crap form end of last season has followed into this season. the only hope i had was perhaps injuries were holding us back but doesn't seem to be the case. emery hasn't shown me anything that makes me think he can turn this around. with that said he needs to go tonight, thank you for your service all the best in the future.

with that being said the players also need to take a good look at themselves a third through the season and we sit closer to 20th than first, and Sheffield are above us. disgusting
Mowgz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Jase89 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:30 pm

We’re 6th now. Sheffield United above us
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby alessio » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Thank God they scored just 2 goals..They could score more
alessio
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Alexis » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:31 pm

elkanofan wrote:f***ing PEDESTRIAN IN POSSESSION!

HERE IS THE TRUTH GUYS! EMERY EVEN IF HE GETS SACKED! WE ARE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuggets wrote:Lets face it at the moment the team is shite so is the manager, big big changes are needed to change the losing mentality at the club.

no. our team is miles ahead of leicester's, even their best player vardy is shat on by auba.

the difference is the coach is shite, utter moron.

brenda went in with 3 months left last season and had them playing like today within a month, pure coaching and knowing what the fuk he wants from his team.
ffs look at lampard, every c*** was laughing at the plastics thinking they'd fall off the cliff, yet within 2 months hes got chelsea playing great football with kids and you can instantly say, 'ok so this is what lampard style is'.

emery has been here for a year and a half and literally no one or their dogs know what the f**k emery ball is all about. no style of play at all and man keeps changing shit week in week out with different players. He still doesn't know who is in his first 11 ffs.

look at leicester, brenda knows whos his first 11 is and how he wants to play, this is where we are going wrong with this emery moron. just get rid.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby keremistanbul » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:32 pm

this was coming.

every opponent has more than 20 shoots, no matter if it is vitoria or leicester
keremistanbul
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby billie86 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Jase89 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I literally don't understand how our offense is so sh*t, can barely get a shot off.

Lacazette, Auba, Ozil, Pepe.

Teams would die to have that sort of quality, but they can't do anything here.

Laca and Auba need quality to get the ball into them, we don’t have that. Ozil has been ok actually if not for his inability to press the opposition. And Pepe brought on too late imo

Laca and auba have been shit, they are not playing well these last few weeks, laca especially is off the pace and again today did so many misplaced passes, we were also breaking once and ozil was clean through yet Laca chose the wrong pass and ruined the attack. We are trying to play counter attacking football but we don't know how to counter attack, we attack too slowly and have no runners from midfield, we never replaced Ramsey and he was the only midfielder we had who would get in to the box and score a goal.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 pm

immsun wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Jase89 wrote:Ozil puts absolutely no pressure on the opposition when they have the ball

The team has carried him all game, bar some ok marking on Ndidi at times he's a passenger, all he does is pass, not taken one shot or actually taken a player on at all.

What scares me is this team has tried today, we are just garbage! Sack Emery? Go ahead, i don't care. We need signings!

Ozil staeted All 2nd half and 80% attack mind you. You dont know shit about football.

Maddison even in the 85 minute was still taking on players, Mesut failed to beat one play all game, even when he had time and space to run on the ball he chicked out of trying something risky and looked for a simple pass. Maddison also scored because he doesn't just create, he shoots when around 25 yards out and he scored. In the 5 games this season has Mesut even taken 1 shot at goal? He is a much, much better player than Mesut Ozil and this showed clearly today on and off the ball!

and i don't even rate Maddison that highly.

We have the most overrated player in world football on a stupidly large contract and you wonder why we have progressively got worse and worse under the Kronke's with what a shitshow this club is?

We heading for midtable and we deserve it, Emery in or out unless we have a serious rebuild and get the Kronke's out of our club!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BS221B » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 pm

This has to be the end of Emery at Arsenal.
Last edited by BS221B on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:35 pm

Jase89 wrote:We’re 6th now. Sheffield United above us

There will be more ahead of us as well,
Up to the Arsenal hierarchy to show some ambition and sack the man he is damaging the brand and the resale value of our assets
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20