27/10/19 | Arsenal 2-2 Crystal Palace | Premier League

Re: 27/10/19 | Arsenal vs Crystal Palace | Premier League

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:46 pm

Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I'm disgusted with Football today.

I've seen the replay and Chambers got rushed by 3 CP players if anything they fouled him.

I literally thought they were reviewing to see if it was a penalty, when he walked the ball back to the box I thought he was giving a penalty to us.

Shambles, AFC should demand an investigation.

I agree, the whole thing stinks.

There should be
1) a full explanation of the exact reason why the goal was disallowed
2) a full explanation of why that reason was an obvious infringment that the referee missed.

Not a single one of the VAR officials or any other official would be able to answer either of those questions, but first and foremost we need to know who made the decision.

VAR can not be sustained if it is going to be used selectively depending who the team is.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:47 pm

Don't let any contentious VAR decisions mask the fact that yet again we were simply not good enough.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby dc16 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:48 pm

Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I'm disgusted with Football today.

I've seen the replay and Chambers got rushed by 3 CP players if anything they fouled him.

I literally thought they were reviewing to see if it was a penalty, when he walked the ball back to the box I thought he was giving a penalty to us.

Shambles, AFC should demand an investigation.

I agree, the whole thing stinks.

You don't even get an explanation of the decision. Just a goal disallowed message. It's so shady.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:49 pm

Phil71 wrote:Don't let any contentious VAR decisions mask the fact that yet again we were simply not good enough.

I agree but it rubs salt in the wound when you get blatantly robbed.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Good goal there - but did you notice the clear pen not given, LOL
Lucky we scored because THAT one would not have gone to VAR
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby dc16 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:50 pm

Phil71 wrote:Don't let any contentious VAR decisions mask the fact that yet again we were simply not good enough.

Same old story. Look like we weren't prepared and spent most of the match messing up simple passes that ruins any momentum we had. Really poor.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Holdini » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:52 pm

the fact we needed 2 set piece goals against palace says it all.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:53 pm

Palace are a very good team away from home. Only city have got more points than them away from home this calendar year

And a game we should've won bar VAR
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Holdini » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:59 pm

josh kroenke was at the game today LOL wonder what he made of it.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Diablo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:01 pm

Some of the fans think Emery will be sacked after this result. :lol:

Trust me Emery will be at the helm for Leicester and Xhaka will be starting.
Diablo
Michael Thomas

Postby elkanofan » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:02 pm

First of all we where total rubbish and a point is all we deserve since Palace where also shit!

So disjointed again. Too many issues to mention them all is players lacking sharpness like Lacazette at fault for the first goal. He's walking and moaning while Milojevic plays the long ball to Zaha who turns chambers inside out.

Chambers fought well and showed heart but was rubbish defensively.

Our best player was Guendouzi again. Our only real good player today. The issue is we have nobody in our midfield who can move, is a attack minded and can link the play in the final 3rd. This inconjuction with Pepe who still struggling in open play, Laxa who was dreadful until about 60 minutes where he finally started to find his feet. Auba was rubbish today

Terrible reaction from Xhaka being substituted. He's been over emotional there. The issue is clearly he's pissed at our toxic fanbase, but you have to keep your cool and accept whatever they say. That's now created a bad energy. He was playing very well up until he's totally misjudged it, been too passive and allowed a cross for the equalizer which the blame also goes to tierney and luiz who ball watched it all happen rather than communicated.

The worst thing is unless our front 3 really step up theres few to no ways to improve this team. We had so many attacking mids, we had 4 last season and we decided to sell two at the end if the window which has quite clearly landed us in deep, deep shit and now we don't really have one who is reliable and ready to play so this absolute shitshow we are seeing is the truth of how crap we are as a club overall from top to bottom.

Its not just our players, our manager is clearly feeling the pressure and it don't look good its starting to look as if he's running out of ideas, its a shame because there isn't too much he can do. This is a huge collective failure. He looks like he may walk if things don't click for him. He looks genuinely fed up.

Our fans. Just a joke. The Ozil chants say it all, this is how toxic we have become. Our rivals are not just happy we are playing poorly but us booing our own players and supporting this guy is once again making us banter club number 1. Maybe we should just play him every game and give in into FC Ozil, and when we get battered 4-1 again by Chelsea we can take selfie next to the scoreboard or something.

We need to wake up, we need to understand we dont have a great well balanced squad. You can see despite playing so badly there is a lot of fight and passion, but our players lacl quality, they arent that good! My biggest concern is we We may aswell sack emery now and get this freefall to happen now because thats where we are heading. Unless we grind it out to January we are in clear and present danger of losing our status as a top 6 club and being London's very own version of Everton.

Am i calling for Emery's head? No, but I'm going to be honest after today i can't see him staying longer than this season even if he gets top 4. We are rotten, broken club now and its going to take 2-3 years to rebuild.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:03 pm

But i feel numb.

Not the performance but VAR.

football is dead.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Diablo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:05 pm

Ach wrote:Palace are a very good team away from home. Only city have got more points than them away from home this calendar year

And a game we should've won bar VAR

I’m starting to think you’re that idiot Ty from AFTV.
Diablo
Michael Thomas

Postby Nuggets » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:05 pm

elkanofan wrote:First of all we where total rubbish and a point is all we deserve since Palace where also shit!

So disjointed again. Too many issues to mention them all is players lacking sharpness like Lacazette at fault for the first goal. He's walking and moaning while Milojevic plays the long ball to Zaha who turns chambers inside out.

Chambers fought well and showed heart but was rubbish defensively.

Our best player was Guendouzi again. Our only real good player today. The issue is we have nobody in our midfield who can move, is a attack minded and can link the play in the final 3rd. This inconjuction with Pepe who still struggling in open play, Laxa who was dreadful until about 60 minutes where he finally started to find his feet. Auba was rubbish today

Terrible reaction from Xhaka being substituted. He's been over emotional there. The issue is clearly he's pissed at our toxic fanbase, but you have to keep your cool and accept whatever they say. That's now created a bad energy. He was playing very well up until he's totally misjudged it, been too passive and allowed a cross for the equalizer which the blame also goes to tierney and luiz who ball watched it all happen rather than communicated.

The worst thing is unless our front 3 really step up theres few to no ways to improve this team. We had so many attacking mids, we had 4 last season and we decided to sell two at the end if the window which has quite clearly landed us in deep, deep shit and now we don't really have one who is reliable and ready to play so this absolute shitshow we are seeing is the truth of how crap we are as a club overall from top to bottom.

Its not just our players, our manager is clearly feeling the pressure and it don't look good its starting to look as if he's running out of ideas, its a shame because there isn't too much he can do. This is a huge collective failure. He looks like he may walk if things don't click for him. He looks genuinely fed up.

Our fans. Just a joke. The Ozil chants say it all, this is how toxic we have become. Our rivals are not just happy we are playing poorly but us booing our own players and supporting this guy is once again making us banter club number 1. Maybe we should just play him every game and give in into FC Ozil, and when we get battered 4-1 again by Chelsea we can take selfie next to the scoreboard or something.

We need to wake up, we need to understand we dont have a great well balanced squad. You can see despite playing so badly there is a lot of fight and passion, but our players lacl quality, they arent that good! My biggest concern is we We may aswell sack emery now and get this freefall to happen now because thats where we are heading. Unless we grind it out to January we are in clear and present danger of losing our status as a top 6 club and being London's very own version of Everton.

Am i calling for Emery's head? No, but I'm going to be honest after today i can't see him staying longer than this season even if he gets top 4. We are rotten, broken club now and its going to take 2-3 years to rebuild.

Good post. :clap:
Nuggets

Postby Nuggets » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:16 pm

No mention of being robbed of a goal in the BBC write up of the game, just how good palace were. Wank*rs
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20