21/10/19 | Sheffield United 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 21/10/19 | Sheffield United vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:08 pm

elkanofan wrote:Defence was ok, the failure today was the attack. Way too disjointed!!! Pepe played very well but he still can't score!

Emery doesn't have an attacking philosophy because he only has one real creative player in the team in Ceballos who is a defensive hazard away from home.

Very disjointed in attack and this is why we lost today. Sheffield United have their fairytale match and win so credit to them, this sadly shows our level right now, Laca coming back will help us away from home but we need another creative player desperately in January!

Agreed.

Pepe. Auba and Saka are never linking up the way Laca and Auba do.

They play wide out on their own and get isolated.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:15 pm

NovaGB wrote:If Emery survives to January, i think he needs to push Pepe out left, buy a RW who can cross, play 442 and flog Xhaka and bring in Doucoure.

And do not sign Ceballos, the guy looks lost.

You do know Xhaka was one of if not our best layer today and we lost a lot of discipline when he was taken off?

Xhaka has his flaws but especially looking at how pathetic Ozil has been in his sissy behavior I have so much respect for Xhaka for his leadership of this team and always standing up, no matter the situation.

People have their favorite and Xhaka is a officially a scapegoat player so even like today he was probably our best player along with Pepe but gets no credit at all!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby NovaGB » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:18 pm

Diablo wrote:
NovaGB wrote:If Emery survives to January, i think he needs to push Pepe out left, buy a RW who can cross, play 442 and flog Xhaka and bring in Doucoure.

Ceballos is quality. Hasn’t fully adapted to English football yet. Needs to play a little deeper too. Let’s be honest Bumery could make any player in world football look mediocre.

I hope you're right, but right now he looks like a player that would be expensive and we are stuck with, if he does not have a run of consistent form in his loan spell then 100% do not want him.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:19 pm

elkanofan wrote:

You do know Xhaka was one of if not our best layer today and we lost a lot of discipline when he was taken off?

Xhaka has his flaws but especially looking at how pathetic Ozil has been in his sissy behavior I have so much respect for Xhaka for his leadership of this team and always standing up, no matter the situation.

People have their favorite and Xhaka is a officially a scapegoat player so even like today he was probably our best player along with Pepe but gets no credit at all!

Whether he played well or not hes still a liability.

Xhaka and Doucoure together would look a lot like Petit and Vieira, which wouldn't be that bad.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:20 pm

no steel
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:35 pm

Just saw the result. WOW is all I can say
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby NovaGB » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Imagine if we didn't get pull it back against Villa.

We really should not be scraping with everything we have against these types of clubs.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:51 pm

Imagine if we beat Liverpool.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:56 pm

NovaGB wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Xhaka and Doucoure together would look a lot like Petit and Vieira, which wouldn't be that bad.

Eh? Doucoure is a peak version of what we have in Willock now.

Xhaka is nowhere near the liability people make him out o be, hes miles better than Henderson for example but if you play in a lesser team when you f**k up you don't have the players around you to bail you out you get scapegoated.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Roycck » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:20 pm

elkanofan wrote:

Wow, amen.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:20 pm

elkanofan wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Eh? Doucoure is a peak version of what we have in Willock now.

Xhaka is nowhere near the liability people make him out o be, hes miles better than Henderson for example but if you play in a lesser team when you f**k up you don't have the players around you to bail you out you get scapegoated.

Hey i'm judging him by what i see, booked pretty much every game, hilarious defensive mistakes, little to nothing coming forward, panicking on the ball, slow as shit, can't tackle, side ways passing, but hey he talks a good game......oh and he scored a long ranger once.

Its not like he makes the odd mistake, hes ridden in them ffs.

Willock is not really like Doucoure, hes nowhere near as physical, Doucoure is a big physical DM that charges forwards in a terrifying manner, similar to Patrick Vieira, a true box to box type, Willock is a attacking midfielder who has a good work ethic and will get back, but they are completely different animals, i'd say Willock was like Aaron Ramsey and Doucoure as i said is more like PV.

We need a intimidating presence in the middle, Doucoure can do a bit of Torreira plus he can attack to, thats what we need....as Emery keeps saying 'Defend and attack as a unit'
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Jack The Ripper » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:33 am

All we do is pass pass pass pass pass pass pass and pass. Its a joke. So easy for Sheff Utd to defend, they had more shots on target at Leno!!!!!!! they do a few passes and then bang they get a chance, but we have 5,000 passes and we don't even have a shot from it. Good lord its unbearable to watch at times
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby dc16 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:30 am

Yup. No one to feed a ball in between the lines it was all played out in front of the Sheffield United defence.

Shades of Wenger when we used to turn up casually, unprepared, get out fought and be unable to break down a lesser team.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Roycck » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:54 am

I am losing confidence in Emery at a rapid rate.

Fix this or please stand down. I rather Freddie takes up the role temporary.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Markx » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:08 pm

Well...maybe you guys have a better idea than me BUT why are we (in my opinion) not playing the best team available to Emery...Surely Tierney would offer better options...surely Holding is better suited in the team....surely Cellobas (?) is with us for a reason...then play him.

I just dont get it and I have watched this team for 50 years......I saw the team last night and any optimism drained .....I knew it would be hard night as most of you guys did

Oh well...we move on....we WILL win on Thursday with the kids PLUS Ozil then we will struggle again on Sunday
Markx
Michael Thomas

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20