03/10/19 | Arsenal 4-0 Standard Liège | Europa League

Re: 03/10/19 | Arsenal 4-0 Standard Liège | Europa League

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:54 am

Ach wrote:First game I've been to in a while. Left earlier than usual cos had to go to brothers flat as he was coming to the game a season well and he's over from New Zealand. I didn't go to his flat in New Zealand but it was just as far as it was in Stepney Green on the horrible district line. On the way there, saw a gooner with the famous red and white jersey on, I had no Arsenal merchandise on yet we know. We nodded at each other and went our separate ways. Can't remember the last time I wore an arsenal top. I'm not a full kit w***er. Just a plain clothed w***er.

Got my brother, on we went. Weather held out and the trains weren't packed. Good signs for a good night. As we got closer to the bridge, there were stewards directing Arsenal fans shouting Arsenal fans to the right. I saw a few emery haters and they conveniently took a left. Said it all.

Then disaster struck. My Arsenal card wouldn't scan to let me in through the turnstiles. Fortunately I was led in by a steward through the back where I assume bungs and stuff take place. But cos of this I missed he iconic Europa league spine chilling music. Didn't help I stopped to get food but when one is hungry, one has to eat

Game starts, heavens open. Annoyed Auba didn't start but then remember I traded aguero for him so need him fit for the league games even if I think Europa is more important but fantasy is life.

We play good football. Tierney becomes a beast making a mockery of all those fools who doubted him cos he came from up north beyond the wall. Our short goal kick routine actually work for once as we score from it helped by a glorious pass by Mustafi. Showed his inner luiz with that pass. Then we prayed he doesn't show his inner luiz again and f**k up the rest of the night. He didn't.

Martinelli with another great header and a great finish. A shame he didn't get his hat trick. Was the ball going in when ceballos tapped it in? Nevertheless good to see the Spaniard score and finish a game. With his rise comes the end for Ozil. No bigger fan than Ozil than me but we are getting the results so can't criticise the Don. Others have agendas. I save my agendas for something else.

Was interested to see how our kids would do. Willock bossed it. AMN was there. Nelson is finished. Holding is a captain in the making. Loved how when AMN made a mistake and Martinez made a save, holding went straight to AMN and told him to keep his head up. Tierney and Willock did likewise. Great to see bellerin back

Went to the Arsenal shop before and after the match. £150 spent on nephews to take back to New Zealand and for me to wear. Refuse to get the kit but hoodies and other shit is fine.

With Arsenal on the up, it's a good time to go to matches. Hope is rekindled. Looking forward to the next game. On we go

Well written.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:17 am

Ach wrote:First game I've been to in a while. Left earlier than usual cos had to go to brothers flat as he was coming to the game a season well and he's over from New Zealand. I didn't go to his flat in New Zealand but it was just as far as it was in Stepney Green on the horrible district line. On the way there, saw a gooner with the famous red and white jersey on, I had no Arsenal merchandise on yet we know. We nodded at each other and went our separate ways. Can't remember the last time I wore an arsenal top. I'm not a full kit w***er. Just a plain clothed w***er.

Got my brother, on we went. Weather held out and the trains weren't packed. Good signs for a good night. As we got closer to the bridge, there were stewards directing Arsenal fans shouting Arsenal fans to the right. I saw a few emery haters and they conveniently took a left. Said it all.

Then disaster struck. My Arsenal card wouldn't scan to let me in through the turnstiles. Fortunately I was led in by a steward through the back where I assume bungs and stuff take place. But cos of this I missed he iconic Europa league spine chilling music. Didn't help I stopped to get food but when one is hungry, one has to eat

Game starts, heavens open. Annoyed Auba didn't start but then remember I traded aguero for him so need him fit for the league games even if I think Europa is more important but fantasy is life.

We play good football. Tierney becomes a beast making a mockery of all those fools who doubted him cos he came from up north beyond the wall. Our short goal kick routine actually work for once as we score from it helped by a glorious pass by Mustafi. Showed his inner luiz with that pass. Then we prayed he doesn't show his inner luiz again and f**k up the rest of the night. He didn't.

Martinelli with another great header and a great finish. A shame he didn't get his hat trick. Was the ball going in when ceballos tapped it in? Nevertheless good to see the Spaniard score and finish a game. With his rise comes the end for Ozil. No bigger fan than Ozil than me but we are getting the results so can't criticise the Don. Others have agendas. I save my agendas for something else.

Was interested to see how our kids would do. Willock bossed it. AMN was there. Nelson is finished. Holding is a captain in the making. Loved how when AMN made a mistake and Martinez made a save, holding went straight to AMN and told him to keep his head up. Tierney and Willock did likewise. Great to see bellerin back

Went to the Arsenal shop before and after the match. £150 spent on nephews to take back to New Zealand and for me to wear. Refuse to get the kit but hoodies and other shit is fine.

With Arsenal on the up, it's a good time to go to matches. Hope is rekindled. Looking forward to the next game. On we go

Good post where does your brother live in NZ
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:53 am

Auckland.

Need to go there but that journey is too long
Ach
SE13
SE13

Re: 03/10/19 | Arsenal vs Standard Liège | Europa League

Postby Losmeister » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:41 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Holdini wrote:tierney first in. love it.

Hey, wha ya de-in ya bastar?

had to go back and look for this it was so funny.... :rofll: :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif: :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20