19/09/19 | Eintracht Frankfurt 0-3 Arsenal | Europa League

Re: 19/09/19 | Eintracht Frankfurt 0-3 Arsenal | Europa Leag

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:27 pm

ill take it if you insist... but my first action will be to ban Zenith !!! muhahaha
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:28 pm

and, yeah, Martinez looked sharp at cutting out crosses. Not so much at his long balls consistently going to the other team.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:29 pm

Good win, but...

We allowed them 20 chances on our goal.

That can't go on. We need to be tighter.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:29 pm

I thought his long balls were decent tbh. Just we don't really have the players up top to make anything of them
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Ach wrote:
Losmeister wrote:St Looey seems off the boil today.. whats that about? i mean, cripps is cripps yall keep lettinig him back... shrug...

From the biggest troll on here

I even highlighted posts you have made provoking me. What happened?

I got a warning lol

ahh yes, Cripps the victim.

anyhow, what i was tryna say is that St Looey seems to be in a mood.

And i'd love to the what GoonersWorld thinks...

Losmeister= troll
Cripps= victimized innocent

come now.

Exactly.

In fact, lets make Cripps the next MOD and then we all give him a taste of his own medicine.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:32 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Ach wrote:
Losmeister wrote:St Looey seems off the boil today.. whats that about? i mean, cripps is cripps yall keep lettinig him back... shrug...

I got a warning lol

ahh yes, Cripps the victim.

anyhow, what i was tryna say is that St Looey seems to be in a mood.

And i'd love to the what GoonersWorld thinks...

Losmeister= troll
Cripps= victimized innocent

come now.

Ah the classic defence mechanism of a troll.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Re: 19/09/19 | Eintracht Frankfurt vs Arsenal | Europa Leagu

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:38 pm

gamechannel wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:As i said, we will punish them on the counter

But but they have more shots
But but we are not controlling posession

Got the win with half our youth team against the el semi finalist. Absolute class

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

If only you were smart enough to understand my point.

I remember the days that you were a great poster.

Now you have resorted to following cripps around like a lost puppy dog agreeing with everything he says, and now even using his lines. Shame!

Not really. The mood is better on a suicide forum. The criticism emery is getting is absolutely rediculous and its doing my head in. And im not even an emery fanboy. If he doesnt get top 4 he can do one.

Some said we should be controlling posession. Meanwhile we had mustafi, luiz, chambers, esr, saka and willock on. Rediculous. Hitting them on the counter was the perfect thing to do as shown in the scoreline.

3-0 with an half youth team against the el semi finalist. Absolute class by the team and emery. Obviously the latter will be ignored by some.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Feel free to follow cripps to the next forum then.

You totally missed the whole point again, it's really not hard.

You will see when we are trophy less again and not in the UCL.

Unless you have a crystal ball how can you say that, you really are on one tonight and it's not right, who watches the watchers. :Peace:

Its not hard to predict a bad campaign based on what some of the posters including myself have rationally assessed so far this season - today included. We were lucky to not have been punished today. Frankfurt had a lot of good chances that they effed up. I know your counter will be "but so did we!". That doesn't change the fact that we invited them to attack and they did- they were just a little too shit to finish off those moves. The worrying sign is that we are constantly mediocre. The worrying sign is that we are constantly getting outplayed yet Emery continues to persist with negative tactics. Even today, we could have had to share a point with them had they not have one of their players wrongfully sent off and them being down to 10 men because until then, it was primarily all Frankfurt in the 2nd half. Emery can't keep doing this and expect to get lucky everytime or be bailed out by individual brilliance from players - like Saka did today.

Which was my whole pt to begin with.

But people just assume you have an agenda, then an argument ensues all because someone didn't get your point.

Then they resort to troll tactics, and I only have so much patience for ignorance. Call me human I guess.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Let it go STL, cripps is loving your reaction and just using it to keep his game going.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Santi wrote:Let it go STL, cripps is loving your reaction and just using it to keep his game going.

Defending myself is a game?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby mel4 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:52 pm

Lol....Chambers?
I have never seen a FB get caught out as much I saw with Chambers today. Yes he a had a couple good crosses, but man, did he let Frankfurt have a meal and some on right side of D

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:05 pm

Nuggets wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Ach wrote:

I got a warning lol

hey come on ... biggest troll is DG by a country mile.

I think you mean Gooney ;) :rofll:

He know's I don't troll he just hates that I call him out on his.

However one thing I do know is this freak is obsessed with me, I'm not even posting and he's mentioning my name hoping I notice him like a right groupie.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:14 pm

Jesus just looked over the last 5 pages ...............

Ya'll need to calm down.

I actually think its worse around here when we win a game, how does that work out, right?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:18 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Ach wrote:

I got a warning lol

hey come on ... biggest troll is DG by a country mile.

I think you mean Gooney ;) :rofll:

He know's I don't troll he just hates that I call him out on his.

However one thing I do know is this freak is obsessed with me, I'm not even posting and he's mentioning my name hoping I notice him like a right groupie.

You spent a whole month trolling posters where you kept going on about how tough you were - offering to send posters videos of you shadow boxing and calling posters out to meet in real life for fights... LOL

..Back when your name was Diamond ' Knuckles' Geezer.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:26 pm

alexafc12 wrote:You spent a whole month trolling posters where you kept going on about how tough you were - offering to send posters videos of you shadow boxing and calling posters out to meet in real life for fights... LOL

..Back when your name was Diamond ' Knuckles' Geezer.

You mean the one where I actually did post my boxing vids and created one of the greatest threads in this forums history?

............. PS that was like 5 years ago you sad bell end, get with the times, I still had Microsoft 7 ffs!!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:29 pm

kaijuhk wrote:Chambers bringing some sensibility to the backline, shepherding players out, staying on feet. How hard is that? Obviously impossible for our lot.

Mustafi, Luiz and Sokratis will always be liabilities, it's just their characters.

We need to gel Holding and Chambers ASAP but I feel Emery will feel obliged to play a Sokratis/Luiz pairing again just like he feels obliged to play Xhaka as captain.

We have had more shots against us than anyone else in Europe and that's primarily due to having no protection in front of back four. Think about it, do we really have any reliable defensive-minded midfielders? Ceballos and Willock are too attack-minded, Guendouzi is young and experienced and Torreira is nowhere near his best. Then you have Xhaka, it almost makes sense why Emery is so heavily reliant on him.

It's gonna be a long, arduous season if Emergy doesn't right ship. I have hope in the way he handles Ozil, playing him only at home or against weaker opposition but I'm afraid. Very afraid it's going to be another last season.

Chambers looked good today but something isn't right about our shape. There was one moment they hightlighted during the post game analysis where it was a 4 on 4 situation. They had 4 attackers in our final third against our 4 defenders with our midfielders languishing behind. That just shouldn't happen. There is no protection for them and it's a worry that our defenders keep dropping back into their own box and waiting to challenge or block the shot once they're in the box. It explains why we give so many penalties away, They're not well drilled.

Also, in that second half we were just booting it long and giving away possession so they could mount attack after attack. It's a worry that we can't play it short or long without putting ourselves under pressure. There really is no cohesion when in possession. The spacing is too far apart, players in possession find themselves isolated with few passing options and are easily closed down. Emery has to make some key changes soon. It's been this way since he's taken over.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20