19/09/19 | Eintracht Frankfurt 0-3 Arsenal | Europa League

Re: 19/09/19 | Eintracht Frankfurt 0-3 Arsenal | Europa Leag

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:56 pm

gamechannel wrote:
Ach wrote:
indy23 wrote:Lol saka had himself a game ... Anyone who watched the game. We're we shit again. I went and looked at shots attempts and we got molested again.

lol we had the better chances. Their shots from 40 yards going 50 yards over the top counts as a shot.

Seriously? You're going trot out blatantly lies now?

Martinez made a couple of saves but nothing I would say that was uncomfortable.

We had the better chances. That's a fact

We won 3-0. Also a fact.

First English team to do so away at Frankfurt. Fact

I feel like Rafa Benitez. Fact.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:28 pm

b tw, if one our DM made a tackle like th eone resulting in a second yellow, we'd be up in arms... it was a clear yellow. and doomed them.

saka drew it. a goal. i think he go the 2nd assist on the aub agoal as well
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:28 am

mel4 wrote:Lol....Chambers?
I have never seen a FB get caught out as much I saw with Chambers today. Yes he a had a couple good crosses, but man, did he let Frankfurt have a meal and some on right side of D

As I have said before, it's possible for 60K people to watch the same game and all come away with differing opinions and view points on the same incidents and the match in general.

However and with all respect, I'm inclined to think that with your comment you must be the maternal parent of AMN, as they say that nothing is more biased than the love of a mother for her child.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:35 am

Chambers was gash bar that awesome ball to Auba
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Weird game. We didn't play well, but the result makes it appear like we dominated. Not exactly a recipe for consistent success. Results like this sometimes paper over cracks. Regardless, it's 3 pts and a win is a win is a win.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:12 pm

Santi wrote:Chambers was gash bar that awesome ball to Auba

Whilst not entirely in agreement with that sentiment, I wouldn't invest any great effort to dispute it either, other than to say I would rather the performances he has produced so far this season than those of what AMN has put forward to justify being selected again.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:18 pm

I enjoyed most of the game, have a few scary moments when they were over running us, felt it was like the Alamo on times but unlike the Alamo we held out. I am over the moon with the fact we won but the governor still has lots of work to do. WE were very lucky they could find the net they had their chances thats for sure, I was extremely pleased that Xhaka didn't have any brain farts or Mustafa didn't do anything stupid like he usually does. Chambers tried his best in the right-back spot but looked very uncomfortable and was not convincing at all. Ainsley Maitland-Niles is not the best there either so until Bellerin returns and gets up to match fitness we will remain weak in that position. Still we won that's the main thing.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:51 pm

Nuggets wrote:I enjoyed most of the game, have a few scary moments when they were over running us, felt it was like the Alamo on times but unlike the Alamo we held out. I am over the moon with the fact we won but the governor still has lots of work to do. WE were very lucky they could find the net they had their chances thats for sure, I was extremely pleased that Xhaka didn't have any brain farts or Mustafa didn't do anything stupid like he usually does. Chambers tried his best in the right-back spot but looked very uncomfortable and was not convincing at all. Ainsley Maitland-Niles is not the best there either so until Bellerin returns and gets up to match fitness we will remain weak in that position. Still we won that's the main thing.

Agreed. If anything, my inquisitive nature has me wondering whether or not we might have been more defensively effective swapping Mustafi and Chambers around.

In having witnessed Xhaka break from defence and accelerate (yes, accelerate) up into third or fourth gear even to initiate our second goal, I hope he didn't get selected for the random dope testing afterwards.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mel4 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:05 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:
Nuggets wrote:I enjoyed most of the game, have a few scary moments when they were over running us, felt it was like the Alamo on times but unlike the Alamo we held out. I am over the moon with the fact we won but the governor still has lots of work to do. WE were very lucky they could find the net they had their chances thats for sure, I was extremely pleased that Xhaka didn't have any brain farts or Mustafa didn't do anything stupid like he usually does. Chambers tried his best in the right-back spot but looked very uncomfortable and was not convincing at all. Ainsley Maitland-Niles is not the best there either so until Bellerin returns and gets up to match fitness we will remain weak in that position. Still we won that's the main thing.

Agreed. If anything, my inquisitive nature has me wondering whether or not we might have been more defensively effective swapping Mustafi and Chambers around.

In having witnessed Xhaka break from defence and accelerate (yes, accelerate) up into third or fourth gear even to initiate our second goal, I hope he didn't get selected for the random dope testing afterwards.

There you go, in the last 2 pages it means that myself, Santi, and Nuggets are all Maternal whatevers to AMN, seeing how Chambers was always caught out position. I don't know why you had to bring AMN to the picture. He is only marginally better than than Chambers which says a lot because, AMN at best is a championship level player. If we had to bring other players to the picture, remember how Monreal struggled with over the top balls, Chambers was worse at that. Then add that to all the times Chambers was in no mans land, that will tell you how bad he was.

Yes we won, we are happy about that, that does not stop us from pointing out obvious lapses and errors.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:22 pm

mel4 wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:

There you go, in the last 2 pages it means that myself, Santi, and Nuggets are all Maternal whatevers to AMN, seeing how Chambers was always caught out position. I don't know why you had to bring AMN to the picture. He is only marginally better than than Chambers which says a lot because, AMN at best is a championship level player. If we had to bring other players to the picture, remember how Monreal struggled with over the top balls, Chambers was worse at that. Then add that to all the times Chambers was in no mans land, that will tell you how bad he was.

Yes we won, we are happy about that, that does not stop us from pointing out obvious lapses and errors.

Mel4, you have my most sincere and genuine apology if it has been taken that my comments have been antagonistic or in any way provocative beyond my intention to be humorous.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:26 pm

for me chambers is bizarre... #10 abused him...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:19 am

I was out there and it was amazing
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:39 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:

Whilst not entirely in agreement with that sentiment, I wouldn't invest any great effort to dispute it either, other than to say I would rather the performances he has produced so far this season than those of what AMN has put forward to justify being selected again.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:40 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:

thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20