15/09/19 | Watford 2-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 15/09/19 | Watford 2-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:40 am

Phil71 wrote:He lost the players at the end of last season. They stopped putting in the effort.

That exact same thing happened yesterday. Nobody wanted the ball and they were happy to just get through the game and take their money.

We need a manager who can motivate them.

That didn't look like a team that stopped putting in an effort. We looked lost on the pitch and confused. When apathy kicks in, the football looks different. We haven't sunk to the abyss just yet under Emery. I hope he's sacked before it gets to that stage.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Dejan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Its a sad fact that we did not manage the intensitity and discipline of spurs 2nd half into this game

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:24 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He lost the players at the end of last season. They stopped putting in the effort.

That exact same thing happened yesterday. Nobody wanted the ball and they were happy to just get through the game and take their money.

That didn't look like a team that stopped putting in an effort. We looked lost on the pitch and confused. When apathy kicks in, the football looks different. We haven't sunk to the abyss just yet under Emery. I hope he's sacked before it gets to that stage.

I think that’s a better assessment. They all looked lost. They either have no idea what to do, or unsure of implementation.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:35 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Ach wrote:Ffs

We were comfortable f Newcastle and Burnley. They hardly bothered us

Liverpool and Tottenham are better than us so understandable but we played Tottenham off the park 2nd half but couldn't get the winner

We were poor today. It happens. We didn't lose which is a good sign which we would have under the previous regime

This isn't a quick fix like some expect it to be. It will take time. Not a season and 5 games ffs.

I agree however, it's very disappointing when we turn up a shitshow like this, we were flying then for some unknown reason we collapsed, a game to try to forget methinks. I just hope some lessons were learnt from this catastrophe.

We were 2-0 up, but very lucky to be so.
Watford were the better side in both halves and deserved to win the game by a few goals.

I very much doubt we'll learn any lessons - we say that regularly and it never comes true.
Next game Xhaka will be playing again and we'll be playing out from the back again - a lapse in concentration away from another chance/goal given away.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby StLGooner » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Fenice wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

I think that’s a better assessment. They all looked lost. They either have no idea what to do, or unsure of implementation.

I have a feeling they don't like the way they're being told to play. And that is part of what we're seeing. Bit of defiance, and a bit of apathy towards it.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:58 pm

:hiding:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Previous