15/09/19 | Watford 2-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 15/09/19 | Watford 2-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby VCC » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Parzival38 wrote:
gooney wrote:shots: Arsenal 8-9 Newcastle Arsenal 15-18 Burnley Arsenal 8-25 Liverpool Arsenal 6-24 Watford

Well its not looking good for emery lovers. Rumors coming out the players are unhappy with him and dont ubderstand his weird tactics. I pray to god he gets sacked the same way he got sacked at spartak

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!

I would fancy my chances to score with 24 shots and I am f***ing 50
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Parzival38 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:06 pm

When Klopp laughed when interviewed about our diamond, that was it for me. He literrally couldn't not laugh at the opposing managers tactics and he is a respectful man!

Emery wow
Parzival38
Michael Thomas

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Ffs

We were comfortable f Newcastle and Burnley. They hardly bothered us

Liverpool and Tottenham are better than us so understandable but we played Tottenham off the park 2nd half but couldn't get the winner

We were poor today. It happens. We didn't lose which is a good sign which we would have under the previous regime

This isn't a quick fix like some expect it to be. It will take time. Not a season and 5 games ffs.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Parzival38 wrote:When Klopp laughed when interviewed about our diamond, that was it for me. He literrally couldn't not laugh at the opposing managers tactics and he is a respectful man!

Emery wow

Klopps a classless c*** so wouldn't pay much attention to his interviews.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:39 pm

We'd have won if Emery had stuck to his boring tactics imo

I wonder if he's trying too hard to please the fans :dontknow:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:44 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:We'd have won if Emery had stuck to his boring tactics imo

Hard to please fans who want attacking football with the squad we have when you take off Ceballos and Ozil.

At least we're not Everton :dontknow:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:12 pm

Today sums up all our problems - first half Emery picks the attacking line-up we all begged for - two assists from fullbacks and two bits of quality pacey finishing from our 30 year old striker ... but who couldn't see the problems

Once Watford dropped off Auba he was no longer a threat, once they started pushing our fullbacks deeper they were no longer a threat, with no outlets our midfield started passing sideways and backwards and we were under pressure.

Second half with Watford having worked us out we were played off the park - by the worst team in the EPL - the front six give the back five about as much cover as a dental floss bikini utterly useless ... the back five are guaranteed to panic, and so it proved.

Do I blame Emery - yes he plays the wrong line ups - but the problems are far bigger than that, an ageing squad running down contracts, loan players in a gap year, starting defenders who are not even championship standard it's a clusterfuck

Don't fool yourselves Watford won't get many easier games, Spurs were awful against us and still got a draw, even Newcastle and Burnley had enough shots to have taken points ... we are poor, very poor we just need to hope we can score enough goals to get enough points to at least be close to top six .... somehow I doubt that's possible, very depressing.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:56 pm

I don't get this post, the line up I literally called out (minus Xhaka) before the game got us 2-0 and were spanking Watford.

We come out 2nd half and Emery's "play out from the back" tactics gifted Watford a way back into the game, then instead of letting them have their 10min burst of energy then we take back over the game with quality and punish them on the counter .......... he takes off Ceb and Ozil!!!!!

The two fkin players who were punishing Watford in offence and getting Auba his goals and helping us retain the ball.

He then decides instead to park the bus at 2-1 for 30mins meaning Watford come reigning down on us in waves and we have no out to take advantage on the break.

Emery panicked too early and took off the two players that were making the difference between us and Watfords offence, the only reason we were winning is because Watford didn't have an Ozil or Ceballo's that could get those quality balls in to their forwards, we did and we took them off handing Watford a free pass.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby FARM » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:18 am

bottom team with 1 point, has 31 shots to our 7, its embarrassing and pathetic, anyone would think we were down to 9 men the way we were playing. Tom fuking Cleverley running rings round our midfield. Enough is enough, we aint going nowhere with this manager, robotic clown he is. Get rid
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:01 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

I don't get this post, the line up I literally called out (minus Xhaka) before the game got us 2-0 and were spanking Watford.

We come out 2nd half and Emery's "play out from the back" tactics gifted Watford a way back into the game, then instead of letting them have their 10min burst of energy then we take back over the game with quality and punish them on the counter .......... he takes off Ceb and Ozil!!!!!

The two fkin players who were punishing Watford in offence and getting Auba his goals and helping us retain the ball.

He then decides instead to park the bus at 2-1 for 30mins meaning Watford come reigning down on us in waves and we have no out to take advantage on the break.

Emery panicked too early and took off the two players that were making the difference between us and Watfords offence, the only reason we were winning is because Watford didn't have an Ozil or Ceballo's that could get those quality balls in to their forwards, we did and we took them off handing Watford a free pass.

You convinced yourself we were spanking Watford but we simply weren't ... after our second goal Watford took over we didn't manage another shot that half whilst Watford managed five ... the game had already turned on its head.

That's not to say Emery didn't make it worse but between 45 and 61 minutes we were absolutely battered so changes had to be made, problem is we lack anyone with the quality to come on and steady thing up ... and it showed. For you claim we had two fkin players who were punishing Watford in offence and getting Auba his goals and helping us retain the ball. Well not after halftime, we had just 38% possession and Auba had just 3 touches from 45 - 61 minutes so not sure what game you were watching .....

Ozil completed just 38 passes with just 6 whilst he was on in the second half - compare that to Deulofeu 64, Capoue 64, and Doucoure 83. For all Ozil's skill and vision he made just 1 Key Pass ... Deulofeu managed 8 ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Godlop » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:08 am

No comment on the manager from the club or a refund for away fans.

Embarassing and sad times for the club.

Emery Out!
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:12 am

Ach wrote:Ffs

We were comfortable f Newcastle and Burnley. They hardly bothered us

Liverpool and Tottenham are better than us so understandable but we played Tottenham off the park 2nd half but couldn't get the winner

We were poor today. It happens. We didn't lose which is a good sign which we would have under the previous regime

This isn't a quick fix like some expect it to be. It will take time. Not a season and 5 games ffs.

I agree however, it's very disappointing when we turn up a shitshow like this, we were flying then for some unknown reason we collapsed, a game to try to forget methinks. I just hope some lessons were learnt from this catastrophe.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:54 am

He lost the players at the end of last season. They stopped putting in the effort.

That exact same thing happened yesterday. Nobody wanted the ball and they were happy to just get through the game and take their money.

We need a manager who can motivate them.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:13 am

Phil71 wrote:He lost the players at the end of last season. They stopped putting in the effort.

That exact same thing happened yesterday. Nobody wanted the ball and they were happy to just get through the game and take their money.

We need a manager who can motivate them.

Or put a rocket up their ass.
Nuggets

Postby indy23 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:36 am

Once we are healthy I could see us go 3-4-1-2. Holding-Luiz-Papa KT-Cebalos-Guen -Hector Ozil Auba-Laca/ auba-Laca-pepe
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20