29/05/19 | Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal | Europa League Final

Re: 29/05/19 | Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal | Europa League Final

Postby EliteKiller » Thu May 30, 2019 2:12 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Your own link proved you wrong.
Your argument is in tatters, so I guess all you've got is insults.

I don't mind positivity, but when you insult others for questioning your inaccuracies or fantsasies that we're as good as City, that's not just too much to not call you on, but also counter productive. We had years of fans pretending Wenger was not a complete idiot. We suffered becasue of it.

We're behind City, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea. Utd and us are on about the same level and other clubs are catching us.
It's time to rebuild, not hope or kid ourselves.

The entire football world knows that the CL is worth massively more than the EL - it's why the Europa League Final is played in the middle of the night, in the arse end of nowhere, to a half full stadium with an estimated 50m TV viewers ... sounds good ... but then consider the Champions League Final is played in a major footballing capital, prime time on a Saturday, to a sold out stadium, with an estimated 350m TV viewers ... can you see the massive difference for TV, Sponsors, Marketing and don't forget us fans ... you can't? well I guess that's up to you.

If you think it's just a 20m gap you're a total plank ... sure we are dropping behind the rest of the top six, but 2 points behind Chelsea and 1 point behind Spurs is hardly a giant gap ... get a grip

Tired of this argument, you think the EL is 20m less than the CL, I think that's utter bollocks ... let's just agree to disagree ...

When this seasons accounts come out in a year's time we will all see the true impact ... I can wait
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Thu May 30, 2019 3:34 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Your own link proved you wrong.
Your argument is in tatters, so I guess all you've got is insults.

I don't mind positivity, but when you insult others for questioning your inaccuracies or fantsasies that we're as good as City, that's not just too much to not call you on, but also counter productive. We had years of fans pretending Wenger was not a complete idiot. We suffered becasue of it.

We're behind City, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea. Utd and us are on about the same level and other clubs are catching us.
It's time to rebuild, not hope or kid ourselves.

The entire football world knows that the CL is worth massively more than the EL - it's why the Europa League Final is played in the middle of the night, in the arse end of nowhere, to a half full stadium with an estimated 50m TV viewers ... sounds good ... but then consider the Champions League Final is played in a major footballing capital, prime time on a Saturday, to a sold out stadium, with an estimated 350m TV viewers ... can you see the massive difference for TV, Sponsors, Marketing and don't forget us fans ... you can't? well I guess that's up to you.

If you think it's just a 20m gap you're a total plank ... sure we are dropping behind the rest of the top six, but 2 points behind Chelsea and 1 point behind Spurs is hardly a giant gap ... get a grip

Tired of this argument, you think the EL is 20m less than the CL, I think that's utter bollocks ... let's just agree to disagree ...

When this seasons accounts come out in a year's time we will all see the true impact ... I can wait

Your own linked confirmed it was £20m, but you keep shifting arguments. The £20m is the difference between being in the final of the EL vs last 16 of the CL. It's a fact. £20m.

Like I said, your issue is you think we can make £100m by winning the CL because you have this crazy notion we're as good as City and Liverpool. We're not, and we're not as good as Spurs or Chelsea either. We have absolutely zero chance of making it to a CL final with our current squad of players, even if we managed to scrape into the competition.

You have been wrong at every turn.

As for accounts, again you are comparing winning the CL to winning the EL. i.e. you're not being realistic.
When the accounts come out it will show that teams who have a coefficient similar to ours who made it to the last 16 of the CL earned about £20m more than we did from being in the final of the EL. We already know that from previous seasons accounts. New ones are not going to change that.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm

StLGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:StL, the only good thing to come from this season is the knowledge that Emery MUST fix our defensive issues this coming season, I mean, if he does not see that is our biggest and most pressing issue then he deserves to be sacked.

Didn't we already know that needed fixing though?

I don't think we had to go thru a whole other season to figure that out.

Thank youu. Groundhog day will never end with this club
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby yadunoe » Thu May 30, 2019 5:56 pm

id get rid of every single player legit they are all dead to me f***ing uselss xhaka saying i dong kn ow if emery improved us maybe cause he has shit heads like you and mustafi in the squad
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Interest: waning » Thu May 30, 2019 8:07 pm

Agreed. I'd sell all of them bar the 22-and-unders.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:32 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:StL, the only good thing to come from this season is the knowledge that Emery MUST fix our defensive issues this coming season, I mean, if he does not see that is our biggest and most pressing issue then he deserves to be sacked.

Didn't we already know that needed fixing though?

I don't think we had to go thru a whole other season to figure that out.

Thank you. Groundhog day will never end with this club

Defensive issues have been an issue for last couple of seasons now.

Even the season before Emery joined, we let in as many goals as mid table teams.

More of the same this year.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:02 pm

Finally got home, best bit football wise was that we got a new chant for Lacasexy.

Tbilisi is awesome btw
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby north bank gooner » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:29 am

Santi wrote:Finally got home, best bit football wise was that we got a new chant for Lacasexy.

Tbilisi is awesome btw

Tbilisi is bidding for the 2021Europa League final. That will be fun if 2 British sides qualify again.

UEFA can't be as stupid again surely.
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19