29/05/19 | Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal | Europa League Final

Re: 29/05/19 | Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal | Europa League Final

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:I knew it was a mistake to put Cech in goal for this match.

Wouldn’t have made a jot of difference.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby BerlinGunner90 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:56 pm

Jack The Ripper wrote:I'm not saying Chelsea are the best team in the world, BUT we badly needed to play a foreign team in the final, because the foreign teams can't keep up the pace of the prem teams, Napoli and Valencia looked like they were in slow motion, they can do ok in spells but they can't keep up the intensity and pace for too long.

Its just unlucky we got a prem team in the final, and then anything can happen because they can keep up the pace and intensity unlike the foreign fodder.

Yeah, well luckily we played Atlético last year and they had no chance.

Let‘s face it most of our players were not ready for this. It‘s the mentality Wenger gave them.

Frankfurt would have fight till the end and I doubt that we could have won against them. But in the end it doesn‘t matter.

No CL next year could cost us players like Laca and Auba. Fans that want Auba out scare me because we won‘t get anybody near his level in the summer. Plus don‘t forget the Auba and Laca friendship if one of them goes there is a good chance the other one won‘t be happy.
BerlinGunner90
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby BerlinGunner90 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:58 pm

Santi wrote:Absolute spineless pricks

Will be able to join them in about 4 hours after sleeping on this f***ing prison reject mattress in Baku. £800 for this shit flight route, shit hotel and yet those overpaid pricks can’t even come and clap us after the game

f**k off

It should be the task of a real captain or coach to force the players to thank the fans for the support especially tonight.
BerlinGunner90
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby indy23 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:03 pm

When auba leaves and realizes arsenal are cheaper than f***ing Dortmund.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:09 pm

Fear not.

When UEFA complete their FFP case against Man City, they’ll be thrown out of the champions league and we will take their place.

Or.................. maybe not.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sifent » Wed May 29, 2019 11:13 pm

Where’s the passion lads, are us supporters turning into our players? No heart, no desire, no passion, no fight???

We just lost in a European final against one of our London rivals!

I’m not seeing any disappointment, everyone is bitching about what should have & could have. It’s simple, we ain’t good enough. Our last 10 games is relegation form. We could be in serious trouble next season. We have f**k all budget to replace 3 good quality players. Let alone the players we need to improve the team for next season.

We are not considered a top level club any more. Players like Auba & Laca will not join us.

Am I the only one that sees how important this game really was? We could be like City, Villa or Sunderland were in a few years if we not careful!
Sifent
Liam Brady

Postby keremistanbul » Wed May 29, 2019 11:22 pm

Lets face some facts:

- our defence is shit.

We can rely on only socratis and no one else, including bellerin.

- we need a cm

Xhaka is shit. It takes an hour to decide whom he will pass the ball. Ok he is strong, but this is football not wrestling.

- ozil problem

He gets a lot, and does nothing. Sell or loan at least. I think we can trick some serie a teams.

- auba&laca are luxury.

Sell either auba and laca for good amount money. We cant go with 2 uo front, and none of them is good at the wing.

- desperately need 2 wingers.

Because we only have one average winger, Iwobi.

What we have is 40m+ozil+laca or auba
We need at least 4 high quality players
keremistanbul
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby EliteKiller » Wed May 29, 2019 11:32 pm

Not much to say really, so disappointing, we had plenty of possession but did very little with it, our defence was all over the place as usual, our midfield was a yard slow and a brain short, and the front two showed that when we don't have the ball they're about as much use as chocolate teapots. Over harsh? Maybe but it was a game where all our worst attributes came out not our best.

Not sure what the Don could have done different, however if this is the best the players can do for him maybe it's just never going to work ... depressing
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Wed May 29, 2019 11:40 pm

BerlinGunner90 wrote:
Santi wrote:Absolute spineless pricks

Will be able to join them in about 4 hours after sleeping on this f***ing prison reject mattress in Baku. £800 for this shit flight route, shit hotel and yet those overpaid pricks can’t even come and clap us after the game

f**k off

It should be the task of a real captain or coach to force the players to thank the fans for the support especially tonight.

Modern football. The players and club do not give a flying f*** about fans, which is why it always amuses me to see and hear fans who get emotionally attached to players.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby yadunoe » Thu May 30, 2019 12:40 am

everyone needs to go from top to bottom kroenke coach players everyone
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby indy23 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:02 am

We won't be able to get rid of ozil. Unless it's China. So we won't be able to rebuild till his contract runs dry. Can't believe we have to wait for a rebuild lol again. Worst run pretend big club
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Thu May 30, 2019 1:22 am

EliteKiller wrote:Not much to say really, so disappointing, we had plenty of possession but did very little with it, our defence was all over the place as usual, our midfield was a yard slow and a brain short, and the front two showed that when we don't have the ball they're about as much use as chocolate teapots. Over harsh? Maybe but it was a game where all our worst attributes came out not our best.

Not sure what the Don could have done different, however if this is the best the players can do for him maybe it's just never going to work ... depressing

I thought you said we were as good as City, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea?
Perhaps not.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Thu May 30, 2019 1:30 am

I am hoping that the utter drivel from Emery was just a language issue and he didn't really mean the crud he came out with. Hopefully he knows 'our way' is to collapse completely under pressure and our 'process' is a long drawn out one full of humiliation.

on what the result came down to…
Good evening. Yes [it was a bad second half] but we knew it was going to be difficult to take our first target in the Premier League. We were closer to achieving that but we lost one or two points to teams like Tottenham and Chelsea. The other way was the Europa League. We tried and worked hard and we played against Chelsea in the final. Today, congratulations to them. They are now better than us. In the first half we had some possibilities and we didn’t take a lot of chances to score. We didn’t concede many chances to them, but for one big save from Petr Cech. In the second half, the idea was the same. We wanted to take our moment for the possibility to have the efficiency to score, but they scored the first goal. The first goal was very important in this match because after we needed to play with calmness, but we made mistakes and they have very good players with the efficiency to score. We had the possibility to be in the match but they scored the second goal and after it was more difficult.

on the mentality…
They have very good players and also we can speak about us, the quality, and I think in the second half they used all their quality. We played with some young players and we knew it would be difficult. We are in our process. I want to say to all the supporters that we are in a process. We didn’t achieve our first target this year, but we are closer to them in the Premier League and secondly in this competition, playing in the final. Next year is a big challenge to take another step in our way, with our young players and the spirit. We are really disappointed today but in general we made a new step in improving and being competitive. We made one more step than last year.

on whether this will affect transfers…
Maybe, but I think we are a big team. I think Arsenal is a big name in the world of football. A lot of players want to play here. We are in one process and we need, in this process, to be strong in our idea, to be strong in our way. It’s the reason we started this season. The idea was to get more competitive like a team, be closer to other teams, and we did that. At the moment, it’s not enough for our target, but the next week and next year that idea will continue in our minds. I don’t know our targets for next year, but the club is working to improve and do everything in our way. We have a lot of players who have the possibility to improve and grow up with us. For example, we have given a lot of youngsters their first experience of a final. I am positive for our future, creating our way with young players who are getting better in our way.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby EliteKiller » Thu May 30, 2019 1:47 am

jayramfootball wrote:I thought you said we were as good as City, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea?
Perhaps not.

You celebrating a terrible defeat just to score a personal point? who didn't see that coming .... what a c***

Read this then go shove your "only 20m more" right up your arse ... you trolling piece of filth

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7074643/Winning-Europa-League-final-worth-90MILLION-Arsenal.html

and yeah I am pissed off ................................................
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby coolaa » Thu May 30, 2019 6:06 am

our midfield were too slow and small.

should have started
Guendouzi (AM)
Iwobi(DM) AMN(DM)

Not as skillful as ozil-xhaka-torreira, but at least can fxxking run.
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19