29/05/19 | Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal | Europa League Final

Re: 29/05/19 | Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal | Europa League Final

Postby Jack The Ripper » Wed May 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Very disappointing final, atmosphere was awful, fans were so far away from the pitch with that stupid green running track.

First half was like amateurish football from both, constantly giving the ball away and about a million throw ins, really bad and low level football.

Second half Chelsea came out fast and we never recovered and we have no creation, we all knew Özil wouldn't show up in the final and just constantly lose the ball as usual. Very timid and frightened soul he is.

Hazard deliberately played near Maitland Niles at all times because he knows he is naive, he may be quicker than our other defenders but he doesn't read the game well for a defender, Hazard just used him. And Hazard is world class and was always in control.

Auba couldn't get into the game, and when he did get the ball his shots were similar to a Cech goal kick.

Everyone on here told me Christensen and Luiz are slow, and Rudiger out is gonna be great for us and Laca and Auba will have a field day, but it was the total opposite, Christensen and Luiz were awesome, both of them played very well and looked as fast as anyone.

I didn't even care about the Europe trophy, because its similar to Carabao Cup for me.. BUT we needed to get in champions league badly, and thats it. Next season is gonna be the same old garbage i feel.. sad
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sifent » Wed May 29, 2019 9:55 pm

WTF was that performance. An absolute disgrace. Those players should be ashamed to wear an Arsenal shirt.

Ozil 350k a week & wants to stay till the end of his contract. Was he even at the game??

We have 3 or 4 players that are any good. The rest are bottom half premier league or championship quality.

If we’ve not got the money we need to blood the young talent like AMN & Willock who have looked good in their all to brief appearances this season
Sifent
Liam Brady

Postby Rockape » Wed May 29, 2019 9:55 pm

Well some of the forum got what they wanted, we just need to hope they got the other half right too. I’ll be watching the CL final in Mallorca and putting tonight out of my mind!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:59 pm

Rockape wrote:Well some of the forum got what they wanted, we just need to hope they got the other half right too. I’ll be watching the CL final in Mallorca and putting tonight out of my mind!

Yep. That’s the best thing to do.

I’m off to Valencia myself in a few weeks.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sifent » Wed May 29, 2019 10:14 pm

To be honest, I can’t believe how mellow everyone is after this absolute stuffing by our local rivals. It could get worse. spurs could win sat & all hell breaks loose then.

We should never have started with Cech who is a Chelsea Ledgend & is going back their in the summer.

Our back 5 is currently relegation quality if you consider the last few games. Which one gets in any of the top 4 teams.

We have one half decent player in midfield that can’t do everything on his own. Xhaka is a yard to slow. He commits too many fouls in dangerous positions. We’d be better with AMN in their who has a bit of pace & can steel the ball. He’s not a right back.

Ozil has gone, don’t know where, but his heart just isn’t in it. We need to sell him on or pay him off to free up the wages.

Auba & Laca will score goals but need more quality service. We have absolutely no wife players to provide for them.

With the 3 that are leaving we need to get rid of another 10 or 12 players which we all know ain’t gonna happen.

40 million for a transfer budget, I shit that every day.

Let’s face it, we are a small club now with a small budget. It’s all very well standing by FFP when every one else is breaking it!
Sifent
Liam Brady

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:15 pm

If only our owner had the ambition to break the FFP rules.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed May 29, 2019 10:15 pm

I am trying to convince myself that I am not that disappointed but honestly I am, this was such a big game with so much at stake. I can't believe we went out with a wimper after the way we fought against Napoli and Valencia.

My first ever Arsenal match was the final against Zaragoza, here I am again, so much older yet still feeling that same feeling.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:17 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:I am trying to convince myself that I am not that disappointed but honestly I am, this was such a big game with so much at stake. I can't believe we went out with a wimper after the way we fought against Napoli and Valencia.

My first ever Arsenal match was the final against Zaragoza, here I am again, so much older yet still feeling that same feeling.

This weak, limp, pathetic bunch of players have gone out with a whimper far too many times in recent weeks.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Wed May 29, 2019 10:18 pm

Absolute spineless pricks

Will be able to join them in about 4 hours after sleeping on this f***ing prison reject mattress in Baku. £800 for this shit flight route, shit hotel and yet those overpaid pricks can’t even come and clap us after the game

f**k off
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sifent » Wed May 29, 2019 10:18 pm

Phil71 wrote:If only our owner had the ambition to break the FFP rules.

Does he even know what FFP is? He’s got the dough, just given 1.6BN for a stadium for some American shite!

We are all being taken for mugs.

I’ve just paid 8k for 2 club level tickets next season anyone interested in buying a few games?
Sifent
Liam Brady

Postby indy23 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:22 pm

Manoban wrote:
indy23 wrote:
Manoban wrote:I fail to see how this Chelsea team has more quality than us. A team of rejects + Kepa, Hazard, and an injured Kante.

But our team is prone to getting f***ked in the back end. Either fund the manager or get rid of him . Asking him to use this defence and wide players is hilarious

Look at their attack, the only threat is Hazard. If Emery can't even control one player, irrespective of the quality of players at his disposal, how can he take no blame? If seen worse teams than ours shut down Messi...

The same way opposition player used to control Henry ? He is Chelsea's best ever player next to probably drogba. We have plebs on this team and all it was gonna take was a great player to whoop us. Don't worry we got money coming in we can buy some more nobodys or stop gaps and try again. Next year.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed May 29, 2019 10:26 pm

I knew it was a mistake to put Cech in goal for this match.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zenith » Wed May 29, 2019 10:28 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:I knew it was a mistake to put Cech in goal for this match.

I wouldn't have played him either.

Though, ultimately none of the goals conceded were his fault.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Jack The Ripper » Wed May 29, 2019 10:28 pm

I'm not saying Chelsea are the best team in the world, BUT we badly needed to play a foreign team in the final, because the foreign teams can't keep up the pace of the prem teams, Napoli and Valencia looked like they were in slow motion, they can do ok in spells but they can't keep up the intensity and pace for too long.

Its just unlucky we got a prem team in the final, and then anything can happen because they can keep up the pace and intensity unlike the foreign fodder.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby goonerj08 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Holy f**k, just realized that Mustafi did not start today! :D
goonerj08
Patrick Vieira

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19