05/05/19 | Arsenal 1-1 Brighton | Premier League

Re: 05/05/19 | Arsenal vs Brighton | Premier League

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 05, 2019 5:31 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:We need to accept Iwobi is a redundant youth player now. Get all the dross out this summer. We need some legit wingers for one.

We knew this last summer.

Still some fans defending these types of players, Xhaka just lost us that game, Mustafi lost us Crystal Palace.

No manager in the world can account for our crap players who are part of our first 11 ffs.

Win the Europa or all of them can get out apart from Laca, Auba, Torriea, Leno and Sokratis.

The whole rest of the team are garbage bottle jobs, that is one mistake Emery made, brought on Iwobi etc for Mkhitarayan who was actually having a rare good game, Iwobi couldn't even cross past the first man ffs.

Despite the crap from the likes Iwobi, we created really good chances and our strikers screwed them up again - a theme.
You can't win games with countless squandered chances.
We have bigger problems than just Iwobi.
We need a new defence (entirely new), a replacement for Ramsey, a striker who is lethal in front of goal and a winger who can actually beat a defender.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby indy23 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:31 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:We need to accept Iwobi is a redundant youth player now. Get all the dross out this summer. We need some legit wingers for one.

Still some fans defending these types of players, Xhaka just lost us that game, Mustafi lost us Crystal Palace.

No manager in the world can account for our crap players who are part of our first 11 ffs.

Win the Europa or all of them can get out apart from Laca, Auba, Torriea, Leno and Sokratis.

The whole rest of the team are garbage bottle jobs, that is one mistake Emery made, brought on Iwobi etc for Mkhitarayan who was actually having a rare good game, Iwobi couldn't even cross past the first man ffs.

cant make someone good. they either are or they arent especially at their age. got xhaka mustafi in same summer. meanwhile pool have so many wide options, we need to make some class signings.
Last edited by indy23 on Sun May 05, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 05/05/19 | Arsenal 1-1 Brighton | Premier League

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:32 pm

Well I believe Emery deserves another chance because the first season is all about settling in but my word, hes on thin ice. Fans will turn on him in an instant and unlike Wenger, I believe the board wont hesitate to tell him to go. We was in pole position for weeks to finish top 4 and he f***ked up every chance.
Last edited by Gooner_ESR10 on Sun May 05, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 05, 2019 5:32 pm

Rockape wrote:If say we are firm favourites for 6th place now.

Depends on Utd. We're massive underdogs away to Burnley, so it's unlikely we get 3 points there.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Sun May 05, 2019 5:32 pm

Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Strange sub that, I thought he was playing well and was a danger ?????

All the subs were f***ing shit because the manager is an idiot.

All he needed to do was take mustafi off, put xhaka at the back (which was basically inside their half) and put nketiah on. The subs he made killed the momentum and didn’t help us keep the ball at all, xhaka was vital for that despite his blunder in the box.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun May 05, 2019 5:33 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Rockape wrote:If say we are firm favourites for 6th place now.

Depends on Utd. We're massive underdogs away to Burnley, so it's unlikely we get 3 points there.

Who gives a flying f**k? 5th and 6th is no different, both are shit.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Sun May 05, 2019 5:33 pm

We will rightfully play the kids against Burnley . So yes we are finishing 6th :lol:
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun May 05, 2019 5:33 pm

That was incredibly frustrating but now we can go into the week with a clear head. Throw everything at Valencia, play all the backups on Sunday,
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby indy23 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:Well I believe Emery deserves another chance because the first season is all about settling in but my word, hes on thin ice. Fans will turn on him in an instant and unlike Wenger, I believe the board wont hesitate to tell him to go. We was in pole position for weeks to finish top 4 and he f***ked up every chance.

50 million summer and a 6th place squad? who could save this team with that shit. lol find me someone. get used to this. we sell to make purchases. net spend masters.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:35 pm

Yeh very shocking to not put on a striker when you need a goal.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 05, 2019 5:35 pm

indy23 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

cant make someone good. they either are or they arent especially at their age. got xhaka mustafi in same summer. meanwhile pool have so many wide options, we need to make some class signings.

True - but then you judge a manager on who he gets rid of and who he brings in.
If he doesn't manage us through the biggest summer transfer window in our history in terms of personel changes, he is quite simply not good enough for the job.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:36 pm

indy23 wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:Well I believe Emery deserves another chance because the first season is all about settling in but my word, hes on thin ice. Fans will turn on him in an instant and unlike Wenger, I believe the board wont hesitate to tell him to go. We was in pole position for weeks to finish top 4 and he f***ked up every chance.

50 million summer and a 6th place squad? who could save this team with that shit. lol find me someone. get used to this. we sell to make purchases. net spend masters.
True but the managers are the first to go in these situations.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sun May 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Spot on
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 05, 2019 5:37 pm

indy23 wrote:

We need £100m NET this summar and close to £300m of signings.
We're not net spend masters by the way - in the last 5 years we've spent more NET than any other club other than City and Utd. More then Chelsea, more than Spurs, more then Liverpool.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun May 05, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:Yeh very shocking to not put on a striker when you need a goal.

True very strange decision ??????
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19