02/05/19 | Arsenal 3-1 Valencia | Europa League

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Looking forward to this game tonight.

Would be great to get the win.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5789
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby keremistanbul » Thu May 02, 2019 12:25 pm

confident to get this one. expecting a real character from the whole team. 2-0
keremistanbul
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 02, 2019 12:37 pm

If the team fluff this with the sort of languid (seasons already over) type performance we've seen in the Prem then the fans and rightfully so are going to start to get nasty.

They've mentally decided from 4th spot to just give up the prem, they better hope that they are planning on making amends in the EL ......... by nothing short of winning the whole thing.

Anything less than that and I'll be fuming.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 21499
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:If the team fluff this with the sort of languid (seasons already over) type performance we've seen in the Prem then the fans and rightfully so are going to start to get nasty.

They've mentally decided from 4th spot to just give up the prem, they better hope that they are planning on making amends in the EL ......... by nothing short of winning the whole thing.

Anything less than that and I'll be fuming.


I've done my fuming already over the past couple of weeks.

I'm past fuming.

I may get to fuming again though. You never know.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5789
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Zenith » Thu May 02, 2019 1:09 pm

Only a few more hours to get your predictions in -

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=32701
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 32360
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby elkanofan » Thu May 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:I'd rather we lose every PL game but win the EL.

We will win this, and win well


I said at the start of the season it was all about winning the EL.

If we weren't in Europe i'm convinced the players would have done much better in their last 3 games, firstly we would of beaten palace by playing our strongest team, infact most likely kept that team and just focused on winning those matches, we have never won the Europa League or it's previous name the UEFA Cup! We haven't really won much in Europe in general as a club.
Just the Cup Winners Cup in 1993 which don't even exist sadly anymore. Winning this will help cement a backbone for Emery to build with next season and further. It will be the start of a winning mentallity, much more so than just getting 4th or above which we did for 10 years and look at the crap our club turned into because of that loser mentallity!
Image
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13834
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Losmeister » Thu May 02, 2019 2:04 pm

it's do or dizzle time for the Gunners...
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10094
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Thu May 02, 2019 2:39 pm

We NEED to win EL. Considering our standing in the game, our budget, the budget of other clubs in EL, our need for CL, our star players, this history of our club, the history of Emery in this tourney, we NEED to win it all. Anything other than that is a massive failure, especially seeing how our current EPL season has gone.
all of my posts are my own opinion
User avatar
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:03 pm
Location: Nola

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Roycck » Thu May 02, 2019 2:40 pm

Win or bust! Not watching the game live.
Roycck
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Losmeister » Thu May 02, 2019 3:47 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:If the team fluff this with the sort of languid (seasons already over) type performance we've seen in the Prem then the fans and rightfully so are going to start to get nasty.

They've mentally decided from 4th spot to just give up the prem, they better hope that they are planning on making amends in the EL ......... by nothing short of winning the whole thing.

Anything less than that and I'll be fuming.


I've done my fuming already over the past couple of weeks.

I'm past fuming.

I may get to fuming again though. You never know.



seroiusly, we should only fume at ourselves for even THINKING that maybe the team grew a backbone secretly
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10094
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Nuggets » Thu May 02, 2019 4:08 pm

Keep the faith brothers, we will win if it is our fate.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 17345
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby themessiah » Thu May 02, 2019 5:23 pm

SZN defining night. Time to see if Emery has the winning mentality he was brought here for. And time for the big earners to stand up and show their worth.
User avatar
themessiah
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Location: London

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby #ST » Thu May 02, 2019 5:34 pm

I'm drugging myself up crazy.. Not looking forward to this at all.

The team is in shambles, Valencia will smell blood.. 3 defeats in a row. Please God give the Gunners the strength to win this and win it good.

We need to win the EL FFS
I f***ing hate Granit Xhaka
User avatar
#ST
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Losmeister » Thu May 02, 2019 5:39 pm

themessiah wrote:SZN defining night. Time to see if Emery has the winning mentality he was brought here for. And time for the big earners to stand up and show their worth.


this means YOU! AUBA/LACA/OZIL!!
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10094
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby themessiah » Thu May 02, 2019 5:39 pm

They are not that great as well. They lost just lose to Eibar at home.

If we go out to Valencia, I'm joining the Emery out crowd.
User avatar
themessiah
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Location: London

PreviousNext

Return to Previous Matchday Chats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests