02/05/19 | Arsenal 3-1 Valencia | Europa League

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Roycck » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:12 pm

Emery can field the best 11 and will still lose if there isnt any pressing game from the lads. The fight and effort is just not there at the moment.
Roycck
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Santi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:00 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:Why will they be tougher than Napoli? Napoli are a far better team.


Napoli are also better than Leicester.

You should know by now that what you said has no bearing on results in football, if that were the case lesser teams could never beat a better one, but they do every season without fail.



What part of that backs up the point I was questioning from Angelito? By your logic there is no point trying to predict any game as any team can beat anyone.

Valencia are a weaker team than Napoli so don’t see why they will be harder to beat. We played shit against Leicester and that’s why we lost, nothing to do with the comparative strength of Leicester, Napoli or Valencia for that matter.
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 34811
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:02 am

Santi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:Why will they be tougher than Napoli? Napoli are a far better team.


Napoli are also better than Leicester.

You should know by now that what you said has no bearing on results in football, if that were the case lesser teams could never beat a better one, but they do every season without fail.



What part of that backs up the point I was questioning from Angelito? By your logic there is no point trying to predict any game as any team can beat anyone.

Valencia are a weaker team than Napoli so don’t see why they will be harder to beat. We played shit against Leicester and that’s why we lost, nothing to do with the comparative strength of Leicester, Napoli or Valencia for that matter.


I'm not saying they "will be" but it could be anything from current form, style of play, intensity of their team (we got thrashed by Rennes ffs) so there are lots of reasons why they "could be" a harder game than Napoli, I'm not saying they're the better team though.

I'm just saying they don't need to be the better team to kick our ass.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 21499
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Dejan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:58 am

2-0 wi
Easy lets go

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 25717
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Phil71 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:49 am

Valencia dropped out of the CL this season with a record of P6 W2 D2 L2 F8 A4.

Their away record in the CL was: P3 W0 D2 L1 F1 A2. They drew 0-0 away at Man Utd and 1-1 away at Young Boys, before losing 1-0 away to Juventus.

Since dropping into the EL they have won 5 and drawn 1, but haven't played anyone of any real significance (Celtic, Krasnodar and Villareal).

Our home record in the EL this season is very good - P6 W5 D1 L0 F13 A2.

Arsenal goal average at home in European competition this season - F2.17 A0.33

Valencia goal average away in European competiton this season - F1.165 A0.67

Prediction: 1-0 Arsenal.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5789
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Losmeister » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:05 pm

still waiting for the "complete performnace" been waiting about 3 farin weeks!

gaaah! Come ye bleepity bleep bleep Gunners!!
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10094
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:28 pm

COME ON YOU CUN.TING GUNNERS!!

GET THE JOB DONE AT HOME AND GET TO THE FINAL

WE CAN SMASH THE CHAV SCUM IN BAKU

FOCUS EVERYONE, THIS IS ALL THAT MATTERS NOW

BIGGEST TROPHY WIN IN 14 YEARS IS IN SIGHT
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 19
Member of the Year 2014, 19
 
Posts: 19785
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Losmeister » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:52 pm

UFGN wrote:
BIGGEST TROPHY WIN IN 14 YEARS IS IN SIGHT



insprirational speeches not really needed, right?
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10094
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:57 pm

Losmeister wrote:
UFGN wrote:
BIGGEST TROPHY WIN IN 14 YEARS IS IN SIGHT



insprirational speeches not really needed, right?


You'd think not

But

Theres a weird apathy around the club at the moment. Everyone's got to get onboard for this, its still a huge trophy
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 19
Member of the Year 2014, 19
 
Posts: 19785
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby HalHartley » Wed May 01, 2019 10:22 am

We should play Leno, but I fear Cech will start.
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Losmeister » Wed May 01, 2019 3:00 pm

UFGN wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
UFGN wrote:
BIGGEST TROPHY WIN IN 14 YEARS IS IN SIGHT



insprirational speeches not really needed, right?


You'd think not

But

Theres a weird apathy around the club at the moment. Everyone's got to get onboard for this, its still a huge trophy


there is a weird SOMETHING.. am not sure I'd call it apathy...

sorta like waiting for a cataplectic to fall out...
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10094
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 01, 2019 3:30 pm

If AFC throw away the EL after they've thrown away top 4 then I wouldn't mind seeing the lot of them gone top to bottom even possibly including the poor manager (although I think that's harsh until he gets his own players but he needs to to sort the formation out).

Fact is if they do blow it the only people I'd keep is Auba, Laca, Torreia, Sokratis, Bellerin and possibly Ozil.

Everyone else can do one, they're all weak links, we've supported and propped them up all season, but they are just not good enough, we're being way too sentimental with our squad and accepting players who can't even beat Crystal Palace, Everton or Leicester.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 21499
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby Losmeister » Wed May 01, 2019 4:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:If AFC throw away the EL after they've thrown away top 4 then I wouldn't mind seeing the lot of them gone top to bottom even possibly including the poor manager ... just not good enough, we're being way too sentimental with our squad and accepting players who can't even beat Crystal Palace, Everton or Leicester.



blow it up.. i can get down with that
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10094
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby yadunoe » Wed May 01, 2019 11:00 pm

Our only hope we need to win and take out a desperate chelsea in the final
User avatar
yadunoe
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby LMAO » Thu May 02, 2019 6:01 am

yadunoe wrote:Our only hope we need to win and take out a desperate chelsea in the final


Weird way to spell Frankfurt :)
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 8122
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Previous Matchday Chats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests