28/04/19 | Leicester City 3-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 28/04/19 | Leicester City vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:05 am

I'm not even excited for this.

Completely expecting another abject performance from this crap team, making hard work of teams with just a bit of passion, its insane.

Is Wolves better than Napoli ffs? such a weird and backward situation.

I can't understand how all season we've ground out wins, beat Spurs, beat Utd etc and then at the final hurdle the team have decided to turn to dog sh*t and capitulate the entire season they've worked for.

If the players screw up both the EL and top 4 there will be big questions asked from top to bottom, all the players, the manager everyone.

I'm not actually blaming Emery but he cannot, must not let these players drop the ball when they have one foot in the door of success, I know he doesn't have a 2nd string to push his players to perform or be subbed which is the bigger issue, but he has to do something to get the first team motivated and battle for these last few games.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:18 am

DiamondGooner wrote:I'm not even excited for this.

Completely expecting another abject performance from this crap team, making hard work of teams with just a bit of passion, its insane.

I can't understand how all season we've ground out wins, beat Spurs, beat Utd etc and then at the final hurdle the team have decided to turn to dog sh*t and capitulate the entire season they've worked for.

If the players screw up both the EL and top 4 there will be big questions asked from top to bottom, all the players, the manager everyone.

I'm not actually blaming Emery but he cannot, must not let these players drop the ball when they have one foot in the door of success, I know he doesn't have a 2nd string to push his players to perform or be subbed which is the bigger issue, but he has to do something to get the first team motivated and battle for these last few games.

It is predicatble even if not understandable. This has been happening season in season out for over 10 years.
My view is that it is the mentality at the club.. it's not that the players and club dont work towards winning or are lazy, it's simply that they are quite weak mentally. I've seen it time and again - lapses of concentration during a match (several) that lead to goals conceded, wasted chances or even red cards occasionally. There is a pattern to this too. After a big win it's like the team breathes a sigh of relief and fail to get properly focused on the next game. The cycle is... bad run of form....criticised.. criticised.. criticised.... run of good form... praise... collapse.

The good news is that after two abject performances, we're more than likely going to come out focused and play well.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby yadunoe » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:59 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

It is predicatble even if not understandable. This has been happening season in season out for over 10 years.
My view is that it is the mentality at the club.. it's not that the players and club dont work towards winning or are lazy, it's simply that they are quite weak mentally. I've seen it time and again - lapses of concentration during a match (several) that lead to goals conceded, wasted chances or even red cards occasionally. There is a pattern to this too. After a big win it's like the team breathes a sigh of relief and fail to get properly focused on the next game. The cycle is... bad run of form....criticised.. criticised.. criticised.... run of good form... praise... collapse.

The good news is that after two abject performances, we're more than likely going to come out focused and play well.

main consistent is kroenke we will never be a big team under him and will always be mediocre at best until he is gone arsenal is a useless team who will never compete with the big boys it's the reality
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:41 pm

SuperTurrek wrote:This is on me f***ing birthday..

Then in that case we will win just for you :pray: :arse flag.gif:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:31 pm

yadunoe wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

main consistent is kroenke we will never be a big team under him and will always be mediocre at best until he is gone arsenal is a useless team who will never compete with the big boys it's the reality

I don't like Kroenke, but our issues are not his fault. Despite the general perception, we've spent a huge amount of money on players and we pay some of the highest wages in the league. The issue was Wenger, 100%. It was 2006 when it started to go wrong and year by year he destroyed Arsenal football club, it's character, reputation and even class. It took 12 years from 2006 to get rid of the fool and in that time he did enough damage to make a recovery a long term proposition.
We will not be challengers in this league until every single player and coach that had anything to do with Wenger are gone.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:31 am

yadunoe wrote: Main consistent is Kroenke we will never be a big team under him and will always be mediocre at best until he is gone Arsenal is a useless team who will never compete with the big boys it's the reality

But that's just clutching at straws - sure we don't have City or Chelsea funding (nor do Chelsea anymore) however nobody else does either:

The Glaziers have put feck all of their cash into Man Utd, in fact they suck out 65m a year to cover the loans they used to buy the club ....

Fenway Sports have simply loaned Liverpool 257m at exorbitant rates to take out profits, that actual costs the club millions ....

Joe Lewis has never given Spurs one cent in twenty years .... his entire investment was 14m when he bought them ....

So how do these teams all manage? Kroenke may be the absentee owner but that's no different from four of our main rivals .... blaming Kroenke is just an excuse for management failures at all levels.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:26 am

So you guys who are not blaming Kroenke, are you telling me that you would have done nothing differently if you could have swapped places with Kroenke many years ago? Answering anything other than yes is practically admitting that you’re and have always been satisfied with the overall state of the club since Kroenke took over.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:08 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:So you guys who are not blaming Kroenke, are you telling me that you would have done nothing differently if you could have swapped places with Kroenke many years ago? Answering anything other than yes is practically admitting that you’re and have always been satisfied with the overall state of the club since Kroenke took over.

Kronke is the owner ... it's just like a bank or a building society, who probably own all our house, all they did was put up the cash to buy the assets ... they are a secured investor, after that it's down to you.

If you break everything in your house, replace that with tat, and then drill holes in the foundations, who's fault is that? As long as you keep paying the mortgage the bank aren't bothered, you're the one living in squalor.

Kroenke has seen his investment grow by about 20%, he's doing what he's supposed to do, that is to make money on his investment ... does that mean I'm satisfied? of course not but then there's the whole useless heap of people who are paid to make the club perform and who have been doing an utterly shit job, from the board, management, coaches and ultimately down to the players ... they are failing to achieve their goals, not Kroenke.

Kroenke as the owner has lost Gazidis, Wonger, Mislintat and half the backroom staff ... we will see if the new lot do any better ....

Don't get me wrong he's a useless owner with zero interest in football, I would welcome him gone tomorrow. But it's not Kroenke that's taken our 300m a year income and for the best part of a decade pissed most of it up against the wall ... that's down to those who ran the club, not the owner.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:10 am

EliteKiller wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:So you guys who are not blaming Kroenke, are you telling me that you would have done nothing differently if you could have swapped places with Kroenke many years ago? Answering anything other than yes is practically admitting that you’re and have always been satisfied with the overall state of the club since Kroenke took over.

Kronke is the owner ... it's just like a bank or a building society, who probably own all our house, all they did was put up the cash to buy the assets ... they are a secured investor, after that it's down to you.

If you break everything in your house, replace that with tat, and then drill holes in the foundations, who's fault is that? As long as you keep paying the mortgage the bank aren't bothered, you're the one living in squalor.

Kroenke has seen his investment grow by about 20%, he's doing what he's supposed to do, that is to make money on his investment ... does that mean I'm satisfied? of course not but then there's the whole useless heap of people who are paid to make the club perform and who have been doing an utterly shit job, from the board, management, coaches and ultimately down to the players ... they are failing to achieve their goals, not Kroenke.

Kroenke as the owner has lost Gazidis, Wonger, Mislintat and half the backroom staff ... we will see if the new lot do any better ....

Don't get me wrong he's a useless owner with zero interest in football, I would welcome him gone tomorrow. But it's not Kroenke that's taken our 300m a year income and for the best part of a decade pissed most of it up against the wall ... that's down to those who ran the club, not the owner.

According to what I know about owners, the day Kroenke became majority owner of Arsenal Football Club was the day he started taking most of the responsibilities of the clubs successes and failures. As far as I know, the issues you’ve outlined in your post and are blaming Wenger and his staff for are things that could have been fixed anytime after Kroenke took over the majority shares of the club and that day was a long time ago. Since then it seems like we’ve only been heading in one direction: backwards.

Using your house example: if you are the owner of your household and have a maid who breaks everything he or she touches. Do you let the maid continue what he or she is doing for years? Or do you help the maid do a better job? Or do you replace the maid as soon as you realize the maid is beyond help? Of these three options, which course of action applies the most and which one applies the least to Kroenke? Then ask yourself which of these options should apply most to Kroenke? From what I’ve seen up until now, Kroenke falls under the worst category for me and I think you will find from your answer that Kroenke is not absolved from any blame which seems to be the main point of the argument at hand.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Roycck » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:33 pm

Another chance to drag spuds back into the top 4 race, the motivation must be there COYG!!!!
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:16 pm

yadunoe wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It has nothing to do with Kroenke. We have spent more in the last 5 years net than every other club in the league other than Utd and City. Yep, we spent more than Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea in the last 5 years. Kroenke is an absent owner who just allows the money to be spent. Lots of it.
100% of the blame for the club being in a mess falls on Wenger. Even the financial side - he screwed our wage bill paying silly money to crap players. Wenger signed the wrong players, paid them too much, fostered a lack of motivation, and looked like he was unable to even understand the most basic of faults, especially defensively. It will take a long time to recover from such bad management.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier ... bewerb/GB1
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:19 pm

Roycck wrote:Another chance to drag spuds back into the top 4 race, the motivation must be there COYG!!!!

Lets hope for a Utd / Chelsea draw also...
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Interest: waning » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:46 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

According to what I know about owners, the day Kroenke became majority owner of Arsenal Football Club was the day he started taking most of the responsibilities of the clubs successes and failures. As far as I know, the issues you’ve outlined in your post and are blaming Wenger and his staff for are things that could have been fixed anytime after Kroenke took over the majority shares of the club and that day was a long time ago. Since then it seems like we’ve only been heading in one direction: backwards.

Using your house example: if you are the owner of your household and have a maid who breaks everything he or she touches. Do you let the maid continue what he or she is doing for years? Or do you help the maid do a better job? Or do you replace the maid as soon as you realize the maid is beyond help? Of these three options, which course of action applies the most and which one applies the least to Kroenke? Then ask yourself which of these options should apply most to Kroenke? From what I’ve seen up until now, Kroenke falls under the worst category for me and I think you will find from your answer that Kroenke is not absolved from any blame which seems to be the main point of the argument at hand.
A maid being a "he"? LMAO good one, nice attempt not to offend this liberal bullshit generation!
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Ach » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:09 am

Just noticed the time it's on wtf

Who the f**k gets up that early?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:16 am

jayramfootball wrote:
yadunoe wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It has nothing to do with Kroenke. We have spent more in the last 5 years net than every other club in the league other than Utd and City. Yep, we spent more than Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea in the last 5 years. Kroenke is an absent owner who just allows the money to be spent. Lots of it.
100% of the blame for the club being in a mess falls on Wenger. Even the financial side - he screwed our wage bill paying silly money to crap players. Wenger signed the wrong players, paid them too much, fostered a lack of motivation, and looked like he was unable to even understand the most basic of faults, especially defensively. It will take a long time to recover from such bad management.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier ... bewerb/GB1

1. Re: the bit in bold, it needs to be said that that’s after years of spending like we’re a relegation side
2. 2018/19 does not count as a Wenger season wrt buying players so only 4 of the 5 seasons from that link can be attributed to Wenger.
3. In the 5 years before 2018/19, Mustafi and Xhaka can be considered as the signings that hit us the hardest and some rumors suggest that they werent even Wenger signings.
4. In those 5 years, Wenger returned:

3 FA Cups
3 Community Shields
3 Top 4 finishes
1 Europa League semi final
1 League Cup semi final

5. Wenger started ending our trophy drought when more money became available for him to spend in a climate where certain clubs have catapulted their value through a few seasons of exorbitant spending and where we just finished self-funding an entire stadium. Logic suggests that he could have done more with even more money but that’s not something he can control.

I’m not going to defend Wenger for whatever contribution he made to the wage bill but to say Wenger is 100% at fault for the state of the club when it’s clear that there have been others who have had a major say in setting us back is just wrong.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19