28/04/19 | Leicester City 3-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 28/04/19 | Leicester City 3-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Jack The Ripper » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:13 pm

Yet another match against Leicester where Vardy scores against us, he always scores against us, every season. Shame on some of you who argued with me saying he is not good enough for us and is a amateurish player, idiots. Now look.. we are stuck with attacking guys on the wing like Iwobi and Mhki who are beyond awful.

Vardy would have been an awesome signing for us at the time and he is fast as ****, Auba is in slow motion compared to him. I still believe we made a big mistake not going full out for Vardy when we could have got him, he is so PERFECT for away games too, he is rapidly fast.

But I know the people who argued with me just want the foreigners who they found out about because of youtube clips and have never seen them play a full 90 minutes, but oh those gorgeous youtube clips <3 <3 those amazing youtube clips that make any footballer in the world look amazing. sigh
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Jack The Ripper » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:40 pm

Vardy would have been a great singing for us, I really believe that. He is so incredibly fast, I seen him play live in person when we played Leicester last season and when you're there live you really realize how fast he is.

He is so perfect for away games, quick balls up to him away from home and he can beat most defenders in prem in a race. He always scores against us and I'm annoyed that people at the time were arguing with me saying he is amateurish and don't really want him, now we are stuck with a lot of deadwood.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:50 pm

Didn't he turn us down tbf, would have been a quality signing though
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Jack The Ripper » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:18 am

Marsbar100 wrote:Didn't he turn us down tbf, would have been a quality signing though

Yeah he did, wanted to stay at Leicester, but I think if we really put the money out then he may have come. But I'm just annoyed with some people on here arguing with me years ago that he is nowhere near good enough for us, and now look at us, we are a shell of a team. He always scores against us, but besides that Vardy is such a PERFECT player for AWAY games. He would have been vital for is in away games.. he can break so fast.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:50 am

He would’ve been used like Lucas Perez was
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:40 am

Vardy decided to stay at Leicester for personal reasons. Nothing to do with football.

He didn't want to move his wife and kids out of their current home situation.

And Leicester offered him an improved contract.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:47 am

He’s not good enough for us still, some goals against our poxy defence doesn’t change that.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby FARM » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:45 pm

Santi wrote:He’s not good enough for us still, some goals against our poxy defence doesn’t change that.

LMAO, you obviously don't watch the prem then, he scores against most teams. More than iwobi, mkhtaryan, ramsey, ozil and xhaxa combined. All 5 of them put together.

Not good enough, but im sure its people like you that wanted us to buy Seri LMAO
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:05 pm

Emery

'I'm not angry with the players, but with myself'

Thats what I want to hear

Its a start anyway.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby foxedup » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:20 pm

Zedie wrote:
casual69 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:..oh and once again our forwards were pants.
Aubamayang has 2 games to score a goal and get to 20 for the season. 20 is not a great haul.. it's a marker for a decent return. Given he does eff all else, he remains a liability.
Lacazette? He worked again today, but ineffective.
Iwobi - well total shite. he had a chance to score and when he was about to shoot I knew (as did all Arsenal fans) that he would would not get clean contact and would mess it up. 100% predictability.

We badly need a top striker.

Least of our concerns atm. Before the sending off, stats showed 20 odd% possession, passed completed 20 to Leicester's 140odd and 2 shot to their 10...crap defense and no creativity. Without Leno, could have 5 or 6

Yup, midfield was providing hopeful balls. Iwobi and mkhi were trash, they couldnt keep hold as were torriera and xhaka.

However, Leicester had all the possession and no threat to speak of until we went a man down.

The scoreline is flattering because they got a huge bonus with the sending off. It just shows we simply couldn't keep shape defensively.

Their 2nd goal was down to a huge error and the third was us giving up physically.

Worst part is we all know we need a significant overhaul to the squad but we can only do it with 40m so we are f***ked.

Wage bill will decrease but we've been starved of EL money so long we apparently cant afford a bigger budget especially with no input from our owner.

In short, prep yourselves for more of the same for a long while

No threat to speak of? 9 shots, 4 on target, Vardy clear through and should have scored, decent save for Ndidi's header, all before the sending off.

I never thought i'd see the day that an Arsenal team came to ours and tried to sit back and just contain us. I'd had a begrudging respect over the years for a team that always came and played wonderful football. Even if you weren't at your best you knew you'd have a torrid time and the slick football would annoy the hell out of you, but you'd hold your hands up to a team that played in the right manner.

That was possibly the worst away team performance at ours all season, about on par with Huddersfield, and I'm genuinely sorry that such a wonderful footballing team has regressed to that. It must break the heart of your fans to watch that.
foxedup
Patrick Vieira

Postby foxedup » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:21 pm

Phil71 wrote:Vardy decided to stay at Leicester for personal reasons. Nothing to do with football.

He didn't want to move his wife and kids out of their current home situation.

And Leicester offered him an improved contract.

Well that's not true because they moved further south not long after signing the new contract.
foxedup
Patrick Vieira

Postby Winchesterfox » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:22 pm

I thought Leno was absolute class on Sunday. I'm struggling to remember a better performance by a visiting keeper to the King Power. He kept you in it until nearly the end, and the result could have been a lot worse.

From what I saw, the first yellow for Maitland-Niles was for deliberately impeding a player on the break with little attempt to play the ball. Doesn't matter that there wasn't much contact - refs always give yellows for them and players know that. His second tackle was a bit of a lunge and a so a bit of a risk for a player on a yellow. But Maddison did make a meal of it and I didn't think it was worth a second yellow.

But I don't think it changed the result. Arsenal were being outplayed long before then, and on the day didn't have the organisation or skill we've come to expect, and no leadership on the pitch or fight. But you're still fifth in the table, and I'm sure you'll be back to your usual selves soon enough.
Winchesterfox
Liam Brady

Postby Santi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:12 pm

FARM wrote:
Santi wrote:He’s not good enough for us still, some goals against our poxy defence doesn’t change that.

LMAO, you obviously don't watch the prem then, he scores against most teams. More than iwobi, mkhtaryan, ramsey, ozil and xhaxa combined. All 5 of them put together.

Not good enough, but im sure its people like you that wanted us to buy Seri LMAO

Ok mate, hope you get your tractor out of the mud.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:20 pm

FARM wrote:

You're really comparing your star strikers goal rate to midfielders? How does he compare to auba?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:27 pm

foxedup wrote:
Zedie wrote:
casual69 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:..oh and once again our forwards were pants.
Aubamayang has 2 games to score a goal and get to 20 for the season. 20 is not a great haul.. it's a marker for a decent return. Given he does eff all else, he remains a liability.
Lacazette? He worked again today, but ineffective.
Iwobi - well total shite. he had a chance to score and when he was about to shoot I knew (as did all Arsenal fans) that he would would not get clean contact and would mess it up. 100% predictability.

We badly need a top striker.

Least of our concerns atm. Before the sending off, stats showed 20 odd% possession, passed completed 20 to Leicester's 140odd and 2 shot to their 10...crap defense and no creativity. Without Leno, could have 5 or 6

Yup, midfield was providing hopeful balls. Iwobi and mkhi were trash, they couldnt keep hold as were torriera and xhaka.

However, Leicester had all the possession and no threat to speak of until we went a man down.

The scoreline is flattering because they got a huge bonus with the sending off. It just shows we simply couldn't keep shape defensively.

Their 2nd goal was down to a huge error and the third was us giving up physically.

Worst part is we all know we need a significant overhaul to the squad but we can only do it with 40m so we are f***ked.

Wage bill will decrease but we've been starved of EL money so long we apparently cant afford a bigger budget especially with no input from our owner.

In short, prep yourselves for more of the same for a long while

No threat to speak of? 9 shots, 4 on target, Vardy clear through and should have scored, decent save for Ndidi's header, all before the sending off.

I never thought i'd see the day that an Arsenal team came to ours and tried to sit back and just contain us. I'd had a begrudging respect over the years for a team that always came and played wonderful football. Even if you weren't at your best you knew you'd have a torrid time and the slick football would annoy the hell out of you, but you'd hold your hands up to a team that played in the right manner.

That was possibly the worst away team performance at ours all season, about on par with Huddersfield, and I'm genuinely sorry that such a wonderful footballing team has regressed to that. It must break the heart of your fans to watch that.

That's all well and good, but it was still 0-0 and all to play for. It took some shite play acting from Madison to secure the 3 points for you and that bellend Oliver to fall for it.

The irony in your lot chanting same old arsenal while one of your golden boys got someone sent off via blatant play acting wasn't lost on us either.

Good luck for the rest of the season mate.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19