24/04/19 | Wolves 3-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 24/04/19 | Wolves 3-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Losmeister » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 pm

so the 2 schitt goals were the difference but dont blame Leno?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Re: 24/04/19 | Wolves vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Jedi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:53 pm

Angelito wrote:
Dejan wrote:Worst performance of the season

Shocking

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

It's not shocking. Some of us have seen this coming.

Now the way forward is to re-group and re-strategize for the EL. That's where the nectar is.

Top 4 is still objectively an easier route to CL than the EL.

Also shades of Gooney there. If you're constantly negative you're bound to get something right.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ThatAndrew » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:01 pm

Nuggets wrote:What an embarrassing game and result WTF is going on with these players don't they know whats up for grabs?

Respect The Don :frogwink: :smart:
ThatAndrew
Liam Brady

Postby Zenith » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Player ratings thread open -

viewtopic.php?f=127&t=32696
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Nuggets » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:11 pm

ThatAndrew wrote:
Nuggets wrote:What an embarrassing game and result WTF is going on with these players don't they know whats up for grabs?

Very true Andrew unlike Wonga. :arse fan: :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:14 pm

Ozil, while far from being a problem attitude-wise, simply has to be moved on. AFC isn't the right team for him.

Games like this disaster against Wolves are when RVP, Fabregas and Alexis could grab something out of nothing. Ozil simply can't. He has zero magic when the team is down the way they are now. For 5 out of 6 seasons here he's managed less than 10G and 10A in the league. Please stop talking about how he is world class.

Today wasn't his fault, but it's shocking how average he appears among a sea of players who absolutely aren't Arsenal material.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby dc16 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Zenith wrote:Player ratings thread open -

viewtopic.php?f=127&t=32696

I admire your commitment as much as your belief that some of our players deserve rating. ;)
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThatAndrew » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Nuggets wrote:
ThatAndrew wrote:

Very true Andrew unlike Wonga. :arse fan: :rofll:

I see you're really enjoying getting smashed 3-0 at HT by f***ing wolverhampton. Thats after losing AT home to Palace.

just great

:rolleyes:
ThatAndrew
Liam Brady

Postby Jack The Ripper » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:57 pm

Awful performance. I knew this would be a very hard game, but really worried we won't make top 4 now, Leicester and Burnley are gonna be very hard to beat at their grounds, I know our home form is good but Brighton are playing like mad men the last 2 matches against Wolves and Spuds, and desperate to stay up.. I don't think its gonna be a foregone conclusion we win that easily either.

Way too many 5 yard passes, pass pass pass pass pass but no shots. how many shots did we actually have on target? barely any. This has been a big problem since Wenger days, too much passing and not enough shots. Dejavu from the last 14 years.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Interest: waning » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Jack The Ripper wrote:Awful performance. I knew this would be a very hard game, but really worried we won't make top 4 now, Leicester and Burnley are gonna be very hard to beat at their grounds, I know our home form is good but Brighton are playing like mad men the last 2 matches against Wolves and Spuds, and desperate to stay up.. I don't think its gonna be a foregone conclusion we win that easily either.

Way too many 5 yard passes, pass pass pass pass pass but no shots. how many shots did we actually have on target? barely any. This has been a big problem since Wenger days, too much passing and not enough shots. Dejavu from the last 14 years.
Be angry then. Why so passive? Wish our fans had fire in them. It's the only way to force something at the club to change. We deserve what we get.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby indy23 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:50 pm

Depth is showing here now.and having ass players on salary doesn't help.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Roycck » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:54 am

Don’t really understand why Emery didn’t instruct the team to play to a draw? As in more defensively. A point is a good result here and now.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:32 am

I can only conclude that Emery is donkey shit bad when it comes to defending. I am also beginning to think he is a one trick pony, because far too many games we have looked absolutely clueless, I have seen the worst performances under any Arsenal manager this season. The absolute worst.

Its bad enough when the team look shit, we looked shit at times under George Graham, but at least we could defend. If you know tour team cannot defend - as we clearly know this Arsenal team cannot - why not set up your team to be defensively difficult to beat away to a team that have been magnificent at home.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LMAO » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:01 am

theHotHead wrote:I can only conclude that Emery is donkey shit bad when it comes to defending.

Hold your head high, bro. This is a hill you've been willing to die on, and I don't see where you're wrong.

Newcastle and Everton have better defensive records. That's not acceptable.

But it's to be expected. In his opening press conference, he said that he'd rather win 5-4 than 1-0.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:36 am

theHotHead wrote:I can only conclude that Emery is donkey shit bad when it comes to defending. I am also beginning to think he is a one trick pony, because far too many games we have looked absolutely clueless, I have seen the worst performances under any Arsenal manager this season. The absolute worst.

Its bad enough when the team look shit, we looked shit at times under George Graham, but at least we could defend. If you know tour team cannot defend - as we clearly know this Arsenal team cannot - why not set up your team to be defensively difficult to beat away to a team that have been magnificent at home.

You blame the manager, that's fair enough. So in his position which back four/five would you have played last night? and how would that have stopped Xhaka from making yet another feck up? Leno from having his worst game of the season? or Ozil and Mkhi from completely going missing yet again?

Be interested to hear your solution ......

As for the 'absolute worst' get real .... Utd 8-2, Utd 6-1, Spuds 5-1, Liverpool 5-1, Chelsea 6-0 ... hammered by our main rivals is far worse than a bad night at Wolves, or a 2-3 loss at home to Palace will ever be .... and let's not even talk CL hammerings .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19