18/04/19 | Napoli 0-1 Arsenal | Europa League

Re: 18/04/19 | Napoli vs Arsenal | Europa League

Postby starmandb » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:How weird is it seeing us in red shorts lol

"34s ago
20:03
2 min: Arsenal haven’t touched the ball yet. They’re playing in red shorts and frankly it looks wrong."

Guardian MBM

Played in red shorts for the first time in 40 years
31st Dec 2017 at west brom 1-1
in quarabag in October 18 won 3-0
Napoli won 1-0
Unbeaten in them in this phase
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Re: 18/04/19 | Napoli 0-1 Arsenal | Europa League

Postby starmandb » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:27 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:270 minutes without conceding. Is this real life?
350 mins mate
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:34 pm

Angelito wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:We'd need our strikers to be clinical. If they're as hapless or wasteful as they were against Watford, or have been, we will be on the back foot.

I feel one big chance will come our way in the first 10-15 mins. That will dictate the rest of the game.

............... that being said after their point blank misfires at the Emirates I think they need their players to be able to hit the target even more than we do.

Not sure what this has to do with us missing so many chances against them in the first leg.

But ok.

It has to do with the fact that we're 2 goals ahead, they need to score more than we do.

If they don't improve their shooting we're not going to have too much to worry about although I'm not holding my breath.

Not sure why you thought that observation was a dig but whatever, time of the month Angie?

It was an irrelevant remark from your side. My focus was on us - knowing full well what our strikers are capable and what they also are capable of.

You turned it around into something about them needlessly when you're probably not aware that Napoli have only lost one home game all season, and beat Liverpool at home earlier in the season.

It's not what they do, it's what we do.

Also, warning issued for getting personal for the umpteenth time. It's been quite common with you and anyone who you try and argue with lately.

Stop looking for trouble and trouble won't find you.

What we do ?
We had 1 away game with a score line that would have put us out this season
The 5-1 defeat at Liverpool
Napoli had 5 home wins that would have sent them through
But the best team they did that against was sampdoria
A team considerably worse than us or Liverpool

Please stop budging in without understanding the context of the post.

What I meant was in response to DG criticizing Napoli's attack. I was talking about our attack, what we do is in our hands. What they do or don't isn't.

Simple.

Sorry
Nice to know we stacked things in our favour with those two goals in the first leg wasn't it?
Should go into games with a lot of confidence
starmandb

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:45 am

starmandb wrote:
Angelito wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:We'd need our strikers to be clinical. If they're as hapless or wasteful as they were against Watford, or have been, we will be on the back foot.

I feel one big chance will come our way in the first 10-15 mins. That will dictate the rest of the game.

............... that being said after their point blank misfires at the Emirates I think they need their players to be able to hit the target even more than we do.

Not sure what this has to do with us missing so many chances against them in the first leg.

But ok.

It has to do with the fact that we're 2 goals ahead, they need to score more than we do.

If they don't improve their shooting we're not going to have too much to worry about although I'm not holding my breath.

Not sure why you thought that observation was a dig but whatever, time of the month Angie?

It was an irrelevant remark from your side. My focus was on us - knowing full well what our strikers are capable and what they also are capable of.

You turned it around into something about them needlessly when you're probably not aware that Napoli have only lost one home game all season, and beat Liverpool at home earlier in the season.

It's not what they do, it's what we do.

Also, warning issued for getting personal for the umpteenth time. It's been quite common with you and anyone who you try and argue with lately.

Stop looking for trouble and trouble won't find you.

What we do ?
We had 1 away game with a score line that would have put us out this season
The 5-1 defeat at Liverpool
Napoli had 5 home wins that would have sent them through
But the best team they did that against was sampdoria
A team considerably worse than us or Liverpool

Please stop budging in without understanding the context of the post.

What I meant was in response to DG criticizing Napoli's attack. I was talking about our attack, what we do is in our hands. What they do or don't isn't.

Simple.

Sorry
Nice to know we stacked things in our favour with those two goals in the first leg wasn't it?
Should go into games with a lot of confidence

Mate, ignore him he's just fkin rude, and I'd never say that if he wasn't throwing his mod weight around.

One thing having a chat another thing when your having a chat and next thing your getting a warning.

Over stepping boundaries.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Re: 18/04/19 | Napoli 0-1 Arsenal | Europa League

Postby Santi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:50 pm

Didn’t think their famous fans were all that tbh, AC Milan had a better atmosphere the week before in a fairly nothing game against Lazio.

Didn’t help we spanked em at home I guess but thought it’d be electric and they’d be pushing their team on a lot. In the end, no noise from the pizza boys.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19