07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Just finished watching the game.
Not much to be said except that every single one of our players disgraced the club, not because we lost, but because they were second to every ball, didn;t make runs, had no confidence and basically capitulated.
Brings us back down to earth with a bump and shows just how short we are.
Lacazette was tripe today, as was Ozil - neither were up for the game and Auba was cr*p when he came on - offered nothing.

Who could have any confidence going into the game against Watford?

Once again, cowardly players have not seized the day.
I thought we got our Arsenal back - but we got Emery
User avatar
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Ach » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Was always going to be tough this one

A player who hasn't done anything for years scores

On we go
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13160
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:40 pm

Roycck wrote:Think Emery better go all out against Napoli, top4 is a goner.


On the evidence of that performance, it's best we don't make the CL. We're not ready to be swimming with the big fish.
I thought we got our Arsenal back - but we got Emery
User avatar
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby dc16 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:43 pm

We need the CL money badly.
User avatar
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby gooney » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:44 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Just finished watching the game.
Not much to be said except that every single one of our players disgraced the club, not because we lost, but because they were second to every ball, didn;t make runs, had no confidence and basically capitulated.
Brings us back down to earth with a bump and shows just how short we are.
Lacazette was tripe today, as was Ozil - neither were up for the game and Auba was cr*p when he came on - offered nothing.

Who could have any confidence going into the game against Watford?

Once again, cowardly players have not seized the day.



They are not cowards. They are not good enough. They finished 6th last season. Every bookie had them finishing 6th at best. So far we have overachieved
gooney
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15019
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:44 pm

dc16 wrote:We need the CL money badly.


We have plenty of money and have for over a decade.

What we need is a world class striker, a wide player and at least 3 defenders.
I thought we got our Arsenal back - but we got Emery
User avatar
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Jedi » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Roycck wrote:Think Emery better go all out against Napoli, top4 is a goner.


On the evidence of that performance, it's best we don't make the CL. We're not ready to be swimming with the big fish.

Yeah, we're unlikely to win it so best miss out and basically cut our summer transfer budget in half.

Also "top4 is a goner" while we're still sitting in 4th with the easiest set of fixtures.

Even if we, after this loss to Everton, lose to Watford and lose to Leicester, Cheslea still have to go through United and Liverpool, both away from home.

We're fine. As long as we do our business at home and take these away games one at a time we should be able to secure 4th.
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Angelito » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:06 pm

Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Roycck wrote:Think Emery better go all out against Napoli, top4 is a goner.


On the evidence of that performance, it's best we don't make the CL. We're not ready to be swimming with the big fish.


Also "top4 is a goner" while we're still sitting in 4th with the easiest set of fixtures.


That's not true.

We have 4 away games left.

We've amassed 6 points out of a possible 27 in the last 9 away games.

We do not have the easiest set of fixtures. That's Spurs. 4/6 away games is never easy. Factor in our away form, we're outsiders atm.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26563
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Losmeister » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:08 pm

b tw, their goal. digne throw-in.....foot inbounds. illegal i think, no?
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9498
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby gooney » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:27 pm

Angelito wrote:
Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Roycck wrote:Think Emery better go all out against Napoli, top4 is a goner.


On the evidence of that performance, it's best we don't make the CL. We're not ready to be swimming with the big fish.


Also "top4 is a goner" while we're still sitting in 4th with the easiest set of fixtures.


That's not true.

We have 4 away games left.

We've amassed 6 points out of a possible 27 in the last 9 away games.

We do not have the easiest set of fixtures. That's Spurs. 4/6 away games is never easy. Factor in our away form, we're outsiders atm.


Its like people dont watch us away from home. Our home form has nothing to do with our away record. Its 2 different teams
gooney
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15019
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Phil71 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:13 pm

Today highlights how thin the squad is in terms of quality.

We have some really poor players and a lot of very average ones.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4756
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Fenice » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:16 pm

Laca gave everything he could. I fault every player but him. He needed help up top but he was trying. When he got help, it wasn’t good enough.
Image
User avatar
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7365
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Zenith » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:23 pm

Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31604
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Phil71 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:27 pm

Fenice wrote:Laca gave everything he could. I fault every player but him. He needed help up top but he was trying. When he got help, it wasn’t good enough.


Definitely one of our best players.

Unfortunately we don’t have anywhere near enough like him.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4756
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby elber » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm

We don’t deserve top 4 after that gutless performance tbh.

Disgraceful stuff.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Previous Matchday Chats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests