14/03/19 | Arsenal 3-0 Rennes | Europa League

Re: 14/03/19 | Arsenal vs Rennes | Europa League

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Got away with it in the 2nd half there - we were terrible.
Still, quarter finals and we actually have a manager now who has won in Europe.
You never know...

I think the subs saved our second half and we should have out of sight with the chances created. More clear cut than anything created in the first half but Auba missed them. Won't kill him though because he had a really good game. Touches, dribbling, passes... all round classy game.

Pertty much agree - Ozil was tiring it seemed and we were starting to get over run (though mainly from some really sloppy play in midfield). Laca was sh*te all game, so had to be subbed.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:12 pm

Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Jedi wrote:Iwobi and Mkhi both done more in 10 minutes than Ozil and Laca in in 70.

I'm struggling to find a reason for Ozil to keep his spot in the 1st eleven.

His passing and the way he keeps the ball moving. There's a reason why we've looked good since he's come back.

Same people would have shit on Iniesta.

Ok mate everything at the club is terrible, especially Emery, with the one exception of Ozil who is magnificent

Agendas massaged adequately?

Tsk, tsk.

Well stop being a wet blanket all the bloody time then

Do you even have anything to say apart from getting personal with members, threatening to stop supporting the club, or simply insulting people flat out?

Yes mate plenty

Notably the ones I insult are almost exclusively ones you fail to take action on and then eventually do, months later.

It's a two way street I'm not going to ignore your crappy posting because your name's in blue.

You're capable of better

Oh please.

If you have specific points to discuss, you're free. But it's almost always something vague as agendas, or a personal attack of "hating so and so" instead of sticking to specific points of arguments where you might disagree.

You're fooling nobody here. Here's a news flash: just because someone disagrees with you, they're not trolls. The two street doesn't start at hypocrisy point.

Angelito why don't you just do yourself and everyone a favor and jump on the Arsenal / Emery bandwagon till the end of the season like everyone agreed in the beginning?

You were banning people at the beginning of the season for trolling Emery then you almost became one of them.

I'm not sticking it to you, I'd just like you to be able to support alongside the rest of us on this final run to what hopefully is a top 4 place .............

Up to you, but I think you should just admit you may of jumped the gun on Emery's debut season.

He's over achieving and that's a fact.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Re: 14/03/19 | Arsenal 3-0 Rennes | Europa League

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:12 pm

UFGN wrote:I'm worried about our depth of squad. We're not good enough beyond the first 11 save a few notable exceptions

Injuries or lack of them will be key for the rest of the season

I thought the subs showed some depth and we still had Guendouzi and Saurez on the bench. Not the best players but we had options tonight tonight.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Zedie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:13 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
UFGN wrote:I'm worried about our depth of squad. We're not good enough beyond the first 11 save a few notable exceptions

I thought the subs showed some depth and we still had Guendouzi and Saurez on the bench. Not the best players but we had options tonight tonight.

Dont forget we missing bellerin, holding and sokratis. That's three quarters of our 23 unbeaten run defence.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 pm

Power n Glory wrote:

Mkhi and Iwobi got us that last goal tbf.

Think we look pretty good even subs wise, your never going to really see worldies on an AFC bench are we, we're not Barca or city.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:15 pm

Zedie wrote:Draw a line under it please guys, nows not the time, we through to the quarter finals with a good chance of pubbers in the next round

Fair enough. :grouphug:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:15 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Jedi wrote:Iwobi and Mkhi both done more in 10 minutes than Ozil and Laca in in 70.

His passing and the way he keeps the ball moving. There's a reason why we've looked good since he's come back.

Ok mate everything at the club is terrible, especially Emery, with the one exception of Ozil who is magnificent

Tsk, tsk.

Do you even have anything to say apart from getting personal with members, threatening to stop supporting the club, or simply insulting people flat out?

Yes mate plenty

Notably the ones I insult are almost exclusively ones you fail to take action on and then eventually do, months later.

It's a two way street I'm not going to ignore your crappy posting because your name's in blue.

You're capable of better

Oh please.

If you have specific points to discuss, you're free. But it's almost always something vague as agendas, or a personal attack of "hating so and so" instead of sticking to specific points of arguments where you might disagree.

You're fooling nobody here. Here's a news flash: just because someone disagrees with you, they're not trolls. The two street doesn't start at hypocrisy point.

Angelito why don't you just do yourself and everyone a favor and jump on the Arsenal / Emery bandwagon till the end of the season like everyone agreed in the beginning?

You were banning people at the beginning of the season for trolling Emery then you almost became one of them.

I'm not sticking it to you, I'd just like you to be able to support alongside the rest of us on this final run to what hopefully is a top 4 place .............

Up to you, but I think you should just admit you may of jumped the gun on Emery's debut season.

He's over achieving and that's a fact.

Who the eff cares what someone said at the start of the season - or even the last game?

We just won 3-0 and went through to the 1/4 finals? WTF do you insist on gotcha moments?
Just enjoy the win FFS.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby UFGN » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:16 pm

Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Tsk, tsk.

Yes mate plenty

You're capable of better

Oh please.

Every person I've accused of trolling has subsequently been banned or suspended, usually months later

So bugger my britches if they're not trolls why did you ban them?

You accuse me of hypocrisy but it's you who's the hypocrite. I'm in the wrong until it's a mod's buttons who are being pushed, then suddenly it is an issue after all

As for agendas, I don't partake with the single exception of Wenger. However you really have been moany about everything to do with the club and you really have been banging on and on about Ozil.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:18 pm

:arsenal3:

3-0!!!! Woohoo.
..and Auba was excellent :1990_dancing.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:19 pm

Pretty strong performance from what I read on BBC. Didn't see the game due to work.
But , great job by Auba and the rest.
Look for a strong finish from here on.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:19 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Got away with it in the 2nd half there - we were terrible.
Still, quarter finals and we actually have a manager now who has won in Europe.
You never know...

I think the subs saved our second half and we should have out of sight with the chances created. More clear cut than anything created in the first half but Auba missed them. Won't kill him though because he had a really good game. Touches, dribbling, passes... all round classy game.

Pertty much agree - Ozil was tiring it seemed and we were starting to get over run (though mainly from some really sloppy play in midfield). Laca was sh*te all game, so had to be subbed.

We were struggling to play the ball out into the final third because it wasn't sticking. Lacazette was having a poor game and Ozil just went missing. We were vulnerable to counter attacks in that situation. As soon as both players went off we just had a different enegery and nearly scored straight away.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Losmeister » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Zedie wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Dont forget we missing bellerin, holding and sokratis. That's three quarters of our 23 unbeaten run defence.

thank you. spot the fark on
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby HalHartley » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 pm

jayramfootball wrote::arsenal3:

3-0!!!! Woohoo.

So was Niles he has really been key the last couple of games
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Losmeister » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Angelito wrote:
Zedie wrote:Draw a line under it please guys, nows not the time, we through to the quarter finals with a good chance of pubbers in the next round

Fair enough. :grouphug:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:22 pm

HalHartley wrote:
jayramfootball wrote::arsenal3:

3-0!!!! Woohoo.

So was Niles he has really been key the last couple of games

Hes been immense. I'm so happy for him given the turmoil hes had to come back from and what hes gone through to get back to fitness.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19