14/03/19 | Arsenal 3-0 Rennes | Europa League

Re: 14/03/19 | Arsenal 3-0 Rennes | Europa League

Postby Losmeister » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Zedie wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Favourite thing about this game was we gave them as good as we got in terms of gamesmanship. They are a bunch of slimy little shitbags and we obviously weren't ready for that in the first leg. But we learned from it and got under their skin. Good management, under Wenger we would have lost our heads tonight

I absolutely loved that we stepped up our shithousery after they escalated it initially. They were massive pussies who knew they weren't scoring without a man advantage.

Special applause to the level of pettiness iwobi took it to when he destroyed that mans life about his breath.

I was in stitches. Straight back to school days with that move

this ...

fwiw, i have NEVER heard a scream quite as loud as the one the renneskhunt let out when laca scythed him down.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby HalHartley » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Zedie wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Favourite thing about this game was we gave them as good as we got in terms of gamesmanship. They are a bunch of slimy little shitbags and we obviously weren't ready for that in the first leg. But we learned from it and got under their skin. Good management, under Wenger we would have lost our heads tonight

I absolutely loved that we stepped up our shithousery after they escalated it initially. They were massive pussies who knew they weren't scoring without a man advantage.

Special applause to the level of pettiness iwobi took it to when he destroyed that mans life about his breath.

I was in stitches. Straight back to school days with that move

this ...

fwiw, i have NEVER heard a scream quite as loud as the one the renneskhunt let out when laca scythed him down.

They were getting me so mad last night with their antics, dropping like a sack of spuds every couple of mins when they were hardly touched. Glad we stuck it to them
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Losmeister » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:41 pm

very pleased with last night though have niggling worry that his penchant for blowing good chances will cost us another game or 2... his pen convert was still a wank attempt
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:46 pm

Still love that second trick goal. Happened right in front of me. You knew they knew exactly what they were doing in hindsight but watching it live, it fooled everyone
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:46 pm

Losmeister wrote:very pleased with last night though have niggling worry that his penchant for blowing good chances will cost us another game or 2... his pen convert was still a wank attempt

He mentioned the misses in the interview. I think he'll work on being more clinical. I have to give him credit for how he's responding to the penalty set back. Shows character.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Losmeister wrote:very pleased with last night though have niggling worry that his penchant for blowing good chances will cost us another game or 2... his pen convert was still a wank attempt

He mentioned the misses in the interview. I think he'll work on being more clinical. I have to give him credit for how he's responding to the penalty set back. Shows character.

He's not ever going to become more clinical in front of goal. He's just not that good a finisher, BUT... if he works hard to get into position, which he is very good at, then he'll get enough chances to make a difference despite the missed chances he will invariably have.
Yesterday was a good example of him having a great game regardless of missed chances because he had so many opportunities. As long as he keeps that going he can still be a match winner.
The problems come when the team don't create enough chances or he is not making the right runs - if he only gets one chance he's liable to miss it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19