02/03/19 | Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 02/03/19 | Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Rockape wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Rockape wrote:I am extremely pissed off!

at refs? at missed chances?

i dunno... i thought we had it there for a minute... :crybaby:

Pissed off that we were effectively robbed of the win and pissed off that a guy being paid £200k a week and flashing off his new Lambo last week, couldn’t strike a decent shot into the corner to make my weekend! :BangHead:

i know. it was so lame.

Same guy who once wore boots studded with crystals. All show and no go. He's got a flashy haircut, though, so that makes up for it.
:arse flag.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Hybrid47 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:54 pm

Anthony Taylor's refereeing of this game was ridiculous.

There were major incorrect calls for both sides.

1. Spuds penalty - correct call - That said Kane was offside from the free kick but doesn't excuse Mustafi's brain fart
2. Our penalty - incorrect call - Auba went down very very soft and that's not a penalty
3. Torreira red card - incorrect call - No way that's a red Lucas wins the ball and his momentum is slowing as he collides with Rose // secondly if that's deemed a red Rose on Leno should be a red also
4. Our penalty - despite the incorrect call - 3 Spurs players inside the area before the kick is taken

Pathetic!
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Losmeister » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:01 pm

i realize after reading bunches of articles that the call v Mustafi was "correct".. but hgwo teh hell is it so many refs chimed in and DIDNT KNOW the rule?

that's bad. that means the rule is unclear.

for me, the rule is bollocks. if the guy is OS going for a damned free kick in the 6 yd box he is obviously playing the ball. besides, they were gonna let him score and not call it OS anyway!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:55 pm

TrafalgarLaw wrote:Played like Atletico Madrid today, only difference is that they score most of the few chances they get in the game.

12/13 atletico Madrid 4 vallecano 3
Vallecano 2 atletico 1
13/14
Atletico 4 almeria2
Almeria 2 atletico 0
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Re: 02/03/19 | Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Zedie wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:The result is pretty typical of a team trying to win a game against a big team away from home.
If you don't have top strikers, you drop points. SImple.
You don;t get too many chances and when the come around they must be taken.

I think we can now close the book on the Auba argument. I was correct. Again.

Lol ok mate.

By your logic, harry kane is shit because all he did was score a pen all game.

Son is trash because he did absolutely nothing.

One penalty miss doesn't make your point, especially when you're talking about the same player that scored a brace v the very same team in the reverse fixture.

The obsession is real.

Mate it has been said that time and time again Auba has been shit, his hold up play has been shit, his link up play has been shit, but he was scoring goals which masked a lot of his deficiencies to some.

But he has been missing lots of chances so now he is not scoring as much as he was plus his general game being shit means he has been dreadful for a while. Its not just this game its been lots of games.

Son and Kane have not been shit for lots of games, thats the big difference. When Son doesn't score he tends to play well otherwise.

I like Auba, but only the most biased fan say say he has not been dreadful more often than not recently.

Pretty much this ^

The obsession with players based on how much they cost or what the media says about them is one of the clubs big problems we have. More pressure put on average players is what is needed. Run them out of town, because we can do better, much better.
Neither Auba or Laca are top strikers (by top I mean at the level of Aguero, Kane, or even with the potential).

Of all the players in our entire squad - even the goalkeeper - Auba is the very LAST player I would choose to take a penalty under pressure. I knew he'd miss. I expect many others did too.

Him and sokratis were in the dortmond team that won the German cup final in 2017
2-1
The winner scored from the penalty spot by aubamayang
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:23 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Wow didn’t see that. Tbh though how many pens are retaken for encroachment now aways.

Nonetheless that’s taking the piss. This result really got me down. f**k emery ;)

Arteta had to take a penalty twice in the 2014 fa cup quarter final v Everton
Giroud had encroached
It was 1-1 at the time
starmandb

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19