14/02/19 | BATE Borisov 1-0 Arsenal | Europa League

Re: 14/02/19 | BATE Borisov vs Arsenal | Europa League

Postby ESR10 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:19 pm

StLGooner wrote:His selections are mind boggling to me.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby BS221B » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Xhaka is a defensive midfielder, he is just shit at it.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Getting boring this. Emery has ripped apart every critic pf his this season and now the tears of his haters is going in to overdrive with the boring shit

Stick to supporting Spurs
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby gooney » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:21 pm

Our best u23 can beat this team and he is going there to defend. This is moyes all over again, but our fans are the same ones who accepted wenger for years of underachieving. They actually think it makes you better fan if you accept anything a manager does
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Who's missing? Ramsey? It's BATE away, we should not need him for this. Ozil and Seka I feel should have been picked. Mavropanos on the bench would have been good too.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:30 pm

gooney wrote:Our best u23 can beat this team and he is going there to defend. This is moyes all over again, but our fans are the same ones who accepted wenger for years of underachieving. They actually think it makes you better fan if you accept anything a manager does

I don't know where this cult following of Unai Emery has come from. With Wenger, you could attribute it to his legendary status at the club. Unai's a nobody at Arsenal. Yet, some fans act like we're daring to criticize a club legend. Criticize is the key word there.

Criticism.
n. A critical comment or judgment.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:32 pm

aniym wrote:

Who's missing? Ramsey? It's BATE away, we should not need him for this. Ozil and Seka I feel should have been picked. Mavropanos on the bench would have been good too.

Hes explained the Ramsey and Ozil absences

Mav is hardly worth getting upset over
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby BrunelGooner » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Angelito wrote:
gooney wrote:Our best u23 can beat this team and he is going there to defend. This is moyes all over again, but our fans are the same ones who accepted wenger for years of underachieving. They actually think it makes you better fan if you accept anything a manager does

I don't know where this cult following of Unai Emery has come from. With Wenger, you could attribute it to his legendary status at the club. Unai's a nobody at Arsenal. Yet, some fans act like we're daring to criticize a club legend. Criticize is the key word there.

Criticism.

Mate, come on now. Don't kid yourself. You're not fooling anyone on here.

You know full well that the things you've said about him have gone beyond constructive criticism.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby BrunelGooner » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:34 pm

As for the team, it's very frustrating that we've gone for 3 at the back again. Really wished we'd play a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, where we have more license to attack and dominate the midfield.

We should still win anyway, but I don't think it will be pretty.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooney » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:38 pm

Angelito wrote:

Criticism.

I dont get it either. I am sure he is a nice guy. But he is a defensive small time manager who isnt much for flair and attacking players. He focuses way too much on stopping opponent rather imposing himself on them. This is very normal when you manage small teams. But he has brought that thinking with him here
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:39 pm

Angelito's comment on how AFC treats players is something I was thinking about yesterday.

the sanchez thing was horribly handled. and this ozil matter, independent of ones analysis of him as a player, is not being handled well.

he brought in RVP and sgana and others too. i have to agree.

now lets go score 5 goals, ffs!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:41 pm

BrunelGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Criticism.

You know full well that the things you've said about him have gone beyond constructive criticism.

Criticizing him isn't an offense. I'm tired of explaining this to people. Tomorrow, if we win the EL, I'd be cheering for Arsenal and Unai because I support the club. But that doesn't mean we live in Nazi Germany where we have to agree with everything the club/manager does. So far, Unai hasn't been perfect and every bit of criticism hurled at him has some sort of justification.

None of us can deny that.

I'm just tired of you lot making it personal when nobody else has any remote interest in getting personal.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Losmeister wrote:Angelito's comment on how AFC treats players is something I was thinking about yesterday.

the sanchez thing was horribly handled. and this ozil matter, independent of ones analysis of him as a player, is not being handled well.

he brought in RVP and sgana and others too. i have to agree.

now lets go score 5 goals, ffs!

the worst thing the club does is it uses the media to turn fans against players. RVP is perfect example, he gave them every chance and even the meeting they had, his people said he asked for what the plans are and who they gonna bring in. They refused to give him names.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby BrunelGooner » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Angelito wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Criticism.

Criticizing him isn't an offense. I'm tired of explaining this to people. Tomorrow, if we win the EL, I'd be cheering for Arsenal and Unai because I support the club. But that doesn't mean we live in Nazi Germany where we have to agree with everything the club/manager does. So far, Unai hasn't been perfect and every bit of criticism hurled at him has some sort of justification.

None of us can deny that.

I'm just tired of you lot making it personal when nobody else has any remote interest in getting personal.

I'm tired of you repeating the same lines when we've been through this a thousand times. It's like talking to a brick wall.

I have not said you cannot criticise him. I have not said we have to agree with everything the club/manager does (look at my post above yours ffs) and I have not said Unai is perfect.

I have also not made it personal with you.

It is just frustrating that you don't seem willing to give the guy a chance and have a mini meltdown every time something happens which you don't like. All because he wasn't your first choice appointment.

I'm not trying to be funny, but you do throw your toys out the pram an awful lot.

Seriously, you need to get a grip.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Jedi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Angelito wrote:

Criticism.

Can you name a few members who are part of this cult following? I haven't noticed many.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19