09/02/19 | Huddersfield Town 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 09/02/19 | Huddersfield Town 1-2 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:18 pm

Santi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
I understand if you and some others think he's not the right man for the job but you can't make a conclusion when the season is half baked, if he fks it up we'll all be saying it come end of season but we should be all willing to wait till then before making sweeping comments.

why are you allowed your view now but we have to silence ours and wait til the end of the season? I will decide whenever the f**k I want what I think of this manager and am free to express it. Didn't know this was f***ing Nazi Germany and you are running the show...

Anyway, the absolute cheek you have to go on about trolls etc, when you should've been banned 500 times over for the level of insults out of your mouth, is completely hilarious...even more than you winning POTY.

I'm actually done with this shite.

You can decide whenever you like about the manager but just realise that deciding on a new manager after half a season comes at a cost

ie, your integrity
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:47 pm

Does that principle apply to Raul Sanllehli? DG has already judged him without knowing what's going on behind the scenes of the club. Double standards all over the shop.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:52 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Does that principle apply to Raul Sanllehli? DG has already judged him without knowing what's going on behind the scenes of the club. Double standards all over the shop.

I'm simply not going to argue about the utter spasticatation of judging a new manager negatively after half a season when we're actually in a stronger position

Y'alls go right ahead.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:12 pm

UFGN wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Does that principle apply to Raul Sanllehli? DG has already judged him without knowing what's going on behind the scenes of the club. Double standards all over the shop.

I'm simply not going to argue about the utter spasticatation of judging a new manager negatively after half a season when we're actually in a stronger position

Y'alls go right ahead.

'Judging' is what I would call a final verdict. That's not what I'm doing. I've laid out my first impressions and thoughts on how things are going.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:26 pm

We're in fifth. Better than last season. Top 4 is coming back home.

But but Emery is shit
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:17 am

UFGN wrote:
Santi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
I understand if you and some others think he's not the right man for the job but you can't make a conclusion when the season is half baked, if he fks it up we'll all be saying it come end of season but we should be all willing to wait till then before making sweeping comments.

why are you allowed your view now but we have to silence ours and wait til the end of the season? I will decide whenever the f**k I want what I think of this manager and am free to express it. Didn't know this was f***ing Nazi Germany and you are running the show...

Anyway, the absolute cheek you have to go on about trolls etc, when you should've been banned 500 times over for the level of insults out of your mouth, is completely hilarious...even more than you winning POTY.

You can decide whenever you like about the manager but just realise that deciding on a new manager after half a season comes at a cost

ie, your integrity

But in this instance he had to have it first to lose it, so easy come, easy go in his case.

Santi can't even comprehend a simple statement "why are you allowed your view now" ......... what view?

When have I or anyone for that matter declared Emery is doing an amazing job and we want him to stay forever? wait till end of the season applies to everyone, that's the entire premise of the argument, most people don't need telling, its common sense.

Try to hold out an olive branch and this is the petulant rubbish you get in return.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:39 am

Ach wrote:We're in fifth. Better than last season. Top 4 is coming back home.

But but Emery is shit

2 more top 4 clashes left then the rest are pubbers.

Top 4 all about to have back to back CL clashes along with top table PL games.

We have Europa pubbers.

Everyone moaning yet we are technically in the best position to snatch 4th out of man u and Chelsea.

Spurs struggling with injuries too plus wont be able to rotate. Also their luck going to run out and they're bottlers anyway.

It's far from over.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:08 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:And we all know where the abuse is coming from or the band that's hell bent on name calling and attacking fellow members here—just because they have a different, a more critical outlook on the situation.

Let's not take the moral high ground.

The abuse is coming from both sides.

The point is Arsenal fans and posters are sick of the negativity, we don't want Wenger Out mk II which is why good posters like Nejch are saying they're taking a break and posters like myself and Zedie are saying we can't be asked anymore.
At the beginning of the season the Mods made a conscious effort to remove posters who were carrying that on from last season, now look.

I have my own reservations about certain things but until he's been given a proper chance to shape the squad and get players in then anything else is knee jerk comments at this stage.

I think everybody should just call a truce and wait till positions in both the Prem and EL are definite before we set our stalls otherwise you'll just be banging on about getting rid of a manager who is likely to be here for 2 seasons ............ do we really need this for 2 years?

The name-calling is there. You can't deny that. I'm critical of Emery and have voiced my opinions several times. I haven't talked about individual members, but have reiterated why I haven't been impressed by Emery. For that, instead of focusing on the argument, some have made it a personal agenda to wage war against anyone who criticizes Emery for reasons I find baffling.

My arguments and Santi, Sims, Power, Fenice, Yago's, etc. aren't necessarily about results but the style of play and the manner in which we behave on the field these days. That's the concern. I'm more worried about having less ball possession than f'kin Huddersfield and that's an alarming sign. We're playing Mourinho-ball and it's not the winning version; it's today's Mourinho-ball.

Whether you disagree or agree, I and those that are critical of Emery have mentioned why in elaborative posts.

This is a discussion board. All ends of arguments are welcomed. The toxicity, I'm afraid, has been spread by those who want to shoot down every argument against Emery. He's not immune to criticism and we're simply criticizing him: for aleinating Ozil, for our tactics, for our dire defense, for his erratic formations and weird subs, for playing negative football.

We have Lacazette, Ozil, Aubameyang, and Torreira, and another very gifted player in Mkhitaryan, but we play as if we have Chamakh, Bendtner, Banayoun, and Denilson. This is clearly down to the manager.

Now, whether you agree or disagree with those stances, that's down to your judgment. But those arguments are valid. Nobody is trolling there. Just because some people post things you don't like to read or see, that doesn't mean they're trolls.

The validity of an argument isn't directly proportional to your stance on it. Arguments and counter-arguments could both be valid on an objective spectrum. It's just what we wish to put more weightage on.

This is an open forum for open discussions. The mood of GW usually reflects Arsenal's run of form and the state we're in as a club. And we know where we are at the moment. This will change again if we're in the SFs of the EL. If we end up winning the EL, the mood will be different.

That's just how it is.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:44 am

Santi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Lolol

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:08 am

I remember why I don't come on the site during games anymore or roll through game day threads.

Fvcking cancer.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:58 am

Angelito wrote:The name-calling is there. You can't deny that. I'm critical of Emery and have voiced my opinions several times. I haven't talked about individual members, but have reiterated why I haven't been impressed by Emery. For that, instead of focusing on the argument, some have made it a personal agenda to wage war against anyone who criticizes Emery for reasons I find baffling.

My arguments and Santi, Sims, Power, Fenice, Yago's, etc. aren't necessarily about results but the style of play and the manner in which we behave on the field these days. That's the concern. I'm more worried about having less ball possession than f'kin Huddersfield and that's an alarming sign. We're playing Mourinho-ball and it's not the winning version; it's today's Mourinho-ball.

Whether you disagree or agree, I and those that are critical of Emery have mentioned why in elaborative posts.

This is a discussion board. All ends of arguments are welcomed. The toxicity, I'm afraid, has been spread by those who want to shoot down every argument against Emery. He's not immune to criticism and we're simply criticizing him: for aleinating Ozil, for our tactics, for our dire defense, for his erratic formations and weird subs, for playing negative football.

We have Lacazette, Ozil, Aubameyang, and Torreira, and another very gifted player in Mkhitaryan, but we play as if we have Chamakh, Bendtner, Banayoun, and Denilson. This is clearly down to the manager.

Now, whether you agree or disagree with those stances, that's down to your judgment. But those arguments are valid. Nobody is trolling there. Just because some people post things you don't like to read or see, that doesn't mean they're trolls.

The validity of an argument isn't directly proportional to your stance on it. Arguments and counter-arguments could both be valid on an objective spectrum. It's just what we wish to put more weightage on.

This is an open forum for open discussions. The mood of GW usually reflects Arsenal's run of form and the state we're in as a club. And we know where we are at the moment. This will change again if we're in the SFs of the EL. If we end up winning the EL, the mood will be different.

That's just how it is.

But I don't have any problem with that and I never called those members trolls, the trolling is coming from the Wenger Inns who are siding with you guys for obvious reasons.

The Ozil issue according to reports is out of Emery's hands, if AFC want him sidelined to force a move that is a club stance not an Emery only stance.

As for his style of play, yes I get concerned of the 3-4-3 although I'm wondering if Huddersfield was simply down to a decimated squad but this season I'm purely about results, until he has his own players in I can't judge his style of football.

However I do agree it does seem a bit Mourhino esque 4-3-3, personally I think the Chelsea game is what he's aiming for and I don't have a problem with that, same style of play as the Treble winning Inter Milan.
The fact that we'll likely lose going head to head with City, Liverpool etc means that this actually may suit us if we get a couple more players, we'll never out spend them on quality.

We turned Chelsea and Spurs over playing that way and drew with Liverpool, the only bad results we had against them was Pool in the PL but the other two were Cup games that I don't think we were motivated for (Utd, Spurs).

Regardless I'm going to wait till end of season as most AFC fans stated before I confirm judgement.

Can't be asked with negativity, had 5 years of it and Emery will be here for another season, being Emery Out is like banging your head against a wall for the next 1.5 years, I won't be taking part.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:13 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:The name-calling is there. You can't deny that. I'm critical of Emery and have voiced my opinions several times. I haven't talked about individual members, but have reiterated why I haven't been impressed by Emery. For that, instead of focusing on the argument, some have made it a personal agenda to wage war against anyone who criticizes Emery for reasons I find baffling.

That's just how it is.

But I don't have any problem with that and I never called those members trolls, the trolling is coming from the Wenger Inns who are siding with you guys for obvious reasons.

The Ozil issue according to reports is out of Emery's hands, if AFC want him sidelined to force a move that is a club stance not an Emery only stance.

As for his style of play, yes I get concerned of the 3-4-3 although I'm wondering if Huddersfield was simply down to a decimated squad but this season I'm purely about results, until he has his own players in I can't judge his style of football.

However I do agree it does seem a bit Mourhino esque 4-3-3, personally I think the Chelsea game is what he's aiming for and I don't have a problem with that, same style of play as the Treble winning Inter Milan.
The fact that we'll likely lose going head to head with City, Liverpool etc means that this actually may suit us if we get a couple more players, we'll never out spend them on quality.

We turned Chelsea and Spurs over playing that way and drew with Liverpool, the only bad results we had against them was Pool in the PL but the other two were Cup games that I don't think we were motivated for (Utd, Spurs).

Regardless I'm going to wait till end of season as most AFC fans stated before I confirm judgement.

Can't be asked with negativity, had 5 years of it and Emery will be here for another season, being Emery Out is like banging your head against a wall for the next 1.5 years, I won't be taking part.

Hmm. I am not a 'Wenger In' at all. I was THE original Wenger Out.
You've slung insults at me because I don't like one of your favourite players - so it's really not just Wenger In that seems to draw ire.

Anyhow, I happen to agree with you on Emery. I am not going to judge Emery until the end of year 2, but even then it will be a low bar. Just top 6 I will consider OK for the next few years.

That said, if people don;t like the guy or his style of football they should be allowed to say so.

Perhaps don't take opposing views so personally.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:32 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Hmm. I am not a 'Wenger In' at all. I was THE original Wenger Out.
You've slung insults at me because I don't like one of your favourite players - so it's really not just Wenger In that seems to draw ire.

Anyhow, I happen to agree with you on Emery. I am not going to judge Emery until the end of year 2, but even then it will be a low bar. Just top 6 I will consider OK for the next few years.

That said, if people don;t like the guy or his style of football they should be allowed to say so.

You mean when you call one of the leagues top goal scorers sh*t?

I've probably called you nuts for saying it, its not like I've gone round calling you a c*nt or something, bloody hell.

Hotheads been dishing out more insults than me, what's with the complaints? :lol:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:43 pm

The nketiah is better than Auba is quality trolling tbh
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:29 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Hmm. I am not a 'Wenger In' at all. I was THE original Wenger Out.

You mean when you call one of the leagues top goal scorers sh*t?

I've probably called you nuts for saying it, its not like I've gone round calling you a c*nt or something, bloody hell.

Hotheads been dishing out more insults than me, what's with the complaints? :lol:

Don't think I called him sh*t.
He's just not very good. Being 'one of the top scorers' is not a guide to greatness. Romalu Lukaku has been one of the top scorers the last couple of years. He's about on a level with Emile Heskey.
Let's put things into perspective. Auba has 15 goals after 26 league games (he's played in 25 of them). That is not great. Last year Kane banged in 30, Salah 32.
But there is no need to be upset that I don't rate Auba... we can have different opinions.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19