25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:07 pm

Losmeister wrote:btw, just wanted to ad that it's so strange that all the experts here on GW havent been scooped up by proessional sides to be their manager and GM... cos your all so full of wonderful ideas backed up by years of professional football experience...

and you deign to spend your time here... we're blessed

ya dumbarses


You have 7225 posts! Who's the dumb one here?
User avatar
Power n Glory
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby Tony_Adams » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:14 pm

Losmeister wrote:btw, just wanted to ad that it's so strange that all the experts here on GW havent been scooped up by proessional sides to be their manager and GM... cos your all so full of wonderful ideas backed up by years of professional football experience...

and you deign to spend your time here... we're blessed

ya dumbarses
I was great at championship manager though!
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35094
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby gooney » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:22 pm

Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Sims wrote:AMN/Rambo our MOTM imo


AMN? One of the worst players on the pitch. Nothing going forward, kept going up field despite us creating nothing down that side and left us exposed down that side for the goals we conceded.



Yeah I don’t get the praise either, he was f***ing shit

not only was he big part of the first goal by keeping the player onside. He lost the ball several times. But the worst part is his team mates avoided him as they dont trust him. That says everything. They dont rate him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14778
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby gooney » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:27 pm

Losmeister wrote:btw, just wanted to ad that it's so strange that all the experts here on GW havent been scooped up by proessional sides to be their manager and GM... cos your all so full of wonderful ideas backed up by years of professional football experience...

and you deign to spend your time here... we're blessed

ya dumbarses

meh the manager is sh1t. Reminds me of when I used to check redcafe and some Jose defenders would say yeah you guys know more than the manager who has won so much. Being super fan is lame. We have watched enough of football to know when a manager cant get his team balanced. That was not a balanced team whatsoever. Auba as a wide player is waste when he is a poacher. Makes zero sense
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14778
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby Nejch » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:37 pm

First off, f**k the fans who boo Sanchez. He was the sole factor we didn't slip into midtable mediocrity already under Wenger. People need to remember how shit the rest of the squad was back then.

As for the game, attackingly we were absolutely clueless. We effectively had 3 DMs, so no threat from the centre and from the wings Iwobi was running around like a headless chicken with absolutely no end product whatsoever. Auba is not good enough as a winger to create anything on his own either and Lacazette tried himself as best he could. Defensively we were solid at first but the injuries really did us in. United were poor attackingly but against a makeshift defense like that, it was easy. Just looking at their third goal tells you all you need to know. It's like United were playing a FIFA match against a computer on amateur difficulty. No defending to be seen anywhere.

United were there for the taking, given how much these players cost they really are poor, but the injuries and our cluelessness in attack produced this result. More worrying than the loss today is our next games and how we set up defensively. I fear 5 at the back and Xhaka as CB are making a comeback.

Man this game just sucked
Image
Nejch
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:26 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby Fenice » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:55 pm

Barely ever agree with Nejch, but he’s spot on.
Image
User avatar
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7073
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:59 pm

imagine if Xhaka stepped on lingards head? do u think there is a sposiibility he'd been red carded?

anyway, yueah, AFC is frustrating on so many levels.

grr
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:05 am

Not if it was accidental like Lukakus
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11922
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:39 am

The concern is at home we made a very average Utd side look good, Spuds at least battered them and unluckily lost, we gave their reserve keeper just three saves to make in 90 minutes .... all those who keep banging on about we must play Auba and Lacca together, why? as individuals they are good players, as a striking partnership they are totally ineffective. The defence is fecked, sure we have injuries but the back-ups are garbage, the midfield is just not good enough Xhaka, Torreira, Ramsey, Iwobi that's not a winning unit it's barely top ten ... we just don't look like a team win or lose

If we finish top four it will be a bloody miracle, EL is where we should focus what little chance we have left to rescue this cluster-feck of a season ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3594
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby gooney » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:55 am

People getting angry at iwobi are clueless. He has been told to be responsible for our attack which is unfair. He is the only one expected to beat players and create. Atleast we saw how our attacked looked when he went off. They just passed to each other over and over
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14778
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby indy23 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:24 am

gooney wrote:People getting angry at iwobi are clueless. He has been told to be responsible for our attack which is unfair. He is the only one expected to beat players and create. Atleast we saw how our attacked looked when he went off. They just passed to each other over and over


Can't be mad at a player that is at his max potential. This is his best.
User avatar
indy23
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4521
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:40 am

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby coolaa » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:28 am

Fans here keep complaining emery's tactic, formation or selection. The truth is man utd simply have better players than us, not only man utd, all teams above us in the league have better players than us. No matter how good the manager is, the quality of the players decide the game. Utd is now 6th in the league is simply because they didn't want to perform for mourihno, it is not because solskjaer is great manager. Just like ziddane is nothing without Ronaldo and the team.

The best players that we have which good enough for top 4 are Ramsey, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Sokratis, torreira and ozil.out of all these players only Ozil and Aubameyang are good enough for starting. And ozil, u need to have physical strong players to play around him, otherwise he is crap too.
coolaa
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:14 am

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:37 am

We have poor players but the tactics and team selection just compound the problems.

We decide to play AMN as RB instead of going with a more experienced player. 1st goal, AMN is playing Sanchez onside. He's not a defender so stepping up with his line won't be a natural thing for him. We were punished for that.

Speaking of fullbacks and defending, 2nd goal we find ourselves in a 3 on 2 situation because Emery likes both fullbacks to push forward. AMN had no influence on our attack and was caught out of position too often on defence.

Also, for that 2nd goal, besides both fullbacks pushing forward, we play a highline and have both Xhaka and Torreira push up with neither of them covering which is what leaves both CB's exposed further. Bad tactics and team selection. How many games will it take for him to see that Xhaka is slow and can't cover the ground needed to defend and press? He's bypassed easily when attacked and can't recover once the ball goes past him. That leaves a lot of work for Torreira to cover.

Also, Emery has allowed Ramsey to have a free role in that central midfield. He was so far forward he might as well have been playing as striker. Ramsey has the energy to do what Xhaka can't when it comes to defending. Either give Ramsey a more disciplined role or play someone that will actually play a central role. When it comes to attack and defence, our central midfielders are always in a 2 v 3 situation. Why not play the diamond formation again or just move Ramsey to playing out where Iwobi was playing but start Ozil as the 10? For all the criticism of Ozil's work rate on defence, it's not as if we're getting more protection from our Cm's by dropping him.

Bad day at the office for Emery. OGS should not be getting the better of him.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:58 am

coolaa wrote:Fans here keep complaining emery's tactic, formation or selection. The truth is man utd simply have better players than us, not only man utd, all teams above us in the league have better players than us. No matter how good the manager is, the quality of the players decide the game. Utd is now 6th in the league is simply because they didn't want to perform for mourihno, it is not because solskjaer is great manager. Just like ziddane is nothing without Ronaldo and the team.

The best players that we have which good enough for top 4 are Ramsey, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Sokratis, torreira and ozil.out of all these players only Ozil and Aubameyang are good enough for starting. And ozil, u need to have physical strong players to play around him, otherwise he is crap too.



Don’t buy this shit, Man Utd we’re f***ing awful and the reason we lost is because our backups in defence don’t know what to do. Two goals came directly from them backing off the attackers and it almost resulted in another when they eventually fouled pogba.

We were the better team but they had 3 shots and scored 3 goals.

Saying that I think emery got it spot on until he put xhaka CB instead of bringing donreal on
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33449
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby Pudpop » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:05 am

Santi wrote:
coolaa wrote:Fans here keep complaining emery's tactic, formation or selection. The truth is man utd simply have better players than us, not only man utd, all teams above us in the league have better players than us. No matter how good the manager is, the quality of the players decide the game. Utd is now 6th in the league is simply because they didn't want to perform for mourihno, it is not because solskjaer is great manager. Just like ziddane is nothing without Ronaldo and the team.

The best players that we have which good enough for top 4 are Ramsey, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Sokratis, torreira and ozil.out of all these players only Ozil and Aubameyang are good enough for starting. And ozil, u need to have physical strong players to play around him, otherwise he is crap too.



Don’t buy this shit, Man Utd we’re f***ing awful and the reason we lost is because our backups in defence don’t know what to do. Two goals came directly from them backing off the attackers and it almost resulted in another when they eventually fouled pogba.

We were the better team but they had 3 shots and scored 3 goals.

Saying that I think emery got it spot on until he put xhaka CB instead of bringing donreal on


Yeah the Guendouzi sub was the wrong one. Still not sure why it was made except maybe Emery really wanted Matteo on and the injury was forcing his hand.
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

PreviousNext

Return to Previous Matchday Chats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests